Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question about accountrules / EULA .

Dreez76

So i've been playing this game for 1+ year now (i belive) and i'm still loving it, hence why i don't want to risk losing my account due to some mistake...

Here's the question.   A friend of mine quit the game a while back and isn't coming back because he felt the game wasn't for him, but he still managed to farm up alot of frames, plat, money, blueprints etc etc..    So he gave his account to me with login and pw, and i logged in just to check it out but i didn't touch anything.  So i'm wondering, will i break any rules of account / EULA if i also play this account and use it to gift weapons, blueprints, etc etc to my own account ?.

For example..  Would it be OK for me to login to my friends account and run the daily factionquests and then buy the factionweapons / Mods, gift them to MY account and then sell it for plat or use it myself,

Like i said, sofar i haven't touched anything because i don't want to risk anything, wanted to check here first.

No, there is a strict policy against Multi accounting.
Aswell as there is no exploiting ( unfair benefits ) allowed ( logging in on HIS achievements and getting rewards YOU have not achieved is exploit ).

in general no one would have noticed...but you post here now.. i would not do it :D

7 minutes ago, Vyra said:

No, there is a strict policy against Multi accounting.
Aswell as there is no exploiting ( unfair benefits ) allowed ( logging in on HIS achievements and getting rewards YOU have not achieved is exploit ).

in general no one would have noticed...but you post here now.. i would not do it :D

There is no problem with multiple accounts but this would absolutely be against the rules not only is the account not his by trading and gifting this much stuff he would compromise his other account.

This is wrong because giving your account away is a guaranteed ban says so in the eula

Edited by (PS4)MakoPriest

Technically, it would be against the rules.

But I'm pretty sure a lot of people do some sort of account sharing with friends for certain errands and the such. As long as it not too malicious and you're not trying to cheat someone  out of something, then you are probably going to be good. There are probably people who do give their accounts to friends after a while, and there are probably people who sell their accounts too. All these sort of people would technically have to be banned, but they just don't get caught. Just don't exclaim it to the world that you are doing it, and you should be fine.

But since you just did exclaim it to the world, I suggest either sending up a support ticket or just making your own account to play with.

9 minutes ago, Dreez76 said:

Thanks for the replies. Guess i won't be touching his account again then, i've worked too hard on my own to risk anything.  Just had to check.

Had your friend traded you stuff before he quit, it would have been fine.

But you can not log in to his account and give your other account anything or both are likely to be banned.

15 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

But you can not log in to his account and give your other account anything or both are likely to be banned.

Yes, i've been told as much.  It's better to be safe then sorry, which is why i asked.

13 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

What if he asks his friend to login from his home and give the items to him?

He would have to re-install his game. But I dont think it wouls be a big deal.

Just now, Venom-Snake said:

What if he asks his friend to login from his home and give the items to him?

He would have to re-install his game. But I dont think it wouls be a big deal.

I'd rather not take any chances, since that might be seen as trying to go around the rules, and end with the same penalty anyway. I'll just let it be - simple as that. Then i won't have to worry about any reprecussions.

6 minutes ago, Dreez76 said:

I'd rather not take any chances, since that might be seen as trying to go around the rules, and end with the same penalty anyway. I'll just let it be - simple as that. Then i won't have to worry about any reprecussions.

I dont know, a guy was quitting Warframe a month or so ago and was giving 200p and his prime parts to anyone who asked, as far as I know: nothing bad came from it.