Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Squad Size Increase

Gillagun

i would like to see specific mission that allow for more. id love to see some kind of massive defense mission with 8 people.

but i would not like to see that in the normal game. it is build with 4 people in mind and it fits. any more and it just gets spammy. in most rooms its kinda of a tight fight and the more people you put in the more claustrophobic it gets.

no thanks. that sounds like a pain more than anything.

Edited by MetalGerbil

I know I saw a couple screenshots awhile ago of 5/6 people in a single defense mission. Hell if I know how it happened, but yeah. Abit more space would be nice, but I can see how it'd be annoying as hell/just make the game way more easier then I want it to be.

i would like to see specific mission that allow for more. id love to see some kind of massive defense mission with 8 people.

but i would not like to see that in the normal game. it is build with 4 people in mind and it fits. any more and it just gets spammy. in most rooms its kinda of a tight fight and the more people you put in the more claustrophobic it gets.

no thanks. that sounds like a pain more than anything.

would be legit for void defense missions, eh?

also i think 4 is the most people you should have in a party, any less and you can feel over whelmed. any more and it gets way to crowded.

would be legit for void defense missions, eh?

also i think 4 is the most people you should have in a party, any less and you can feel over whelmed. any more and it gets way to crowded.

With the current mission types, sure. Who knows in the future, might be a squad of 6/8 having to split up into 2/3/4 groups for taking some objective.

The problem is the P2P nature of this game would lead to most people experiencing heavy lag during the missions.

A few changes would need to be made:

-Engine Optimizations: the game engine is not made to support more than 4 players, and in the maps where it glitched and people were getting 5 to 6 tenno the AI was severly broken, including bosses just standing there with no reaction to anything until death animations.

-Net code optimization: to avoid the major lag that would occur in groups of more than 4.

-Larger tilesets: Quite a few rooms in the current tilesets would get overcrowded with the additional tenno and enemies needed to combat them.

And finally this would lead to some ridiculousness. Namely 8 Vaubans, or some other ridiculous combination that would trivialize all enemy encounters, such as 8 Nyxs.

This has been responded to by DESteve during one of the LiveStreams.

Q: Will we ever see quads larger than four?
A: maybe in the future. Right now, there are no plans to deviate from the four players party size.

Hope this helps.

4 is a good number and easier to do just look at all the many multiplayer games out their that only allow teams up 2 4, its something ive grown accustomed too

but even that being sayd i think 5-6 would start to verge on laughing at enemies

This has been responded to by DESteve during one of the LiveStreams.

Q: Will we ever see quads larger than four?

A: maybe in the future. Right now, there are no plans to deviate from the four players party size.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply.

I do would like to see 2 squad Defense/Assassination aliances action ...I'm thinking Server side "Rooms" for those especial missons. Is that possible ?

@Kn0xxPT

Currently DE is leaving all game hosting to P2P to save on server costs as they dont have the resources to fund and keep dedicated servers up as required. That is the biggest problem with suggesting going above the 4 player limit.

@Kn0xxPT

Currently DE is leaving all game hosting to P2P to save on server costs as they dont have the resources to fund and keep dedicated servers up as required. That is the biggest problem with suggesting going above the 4 player limit.

Yeah, i did realize that.

I hope DE will find a way to include 5 members Squad. It will open a lot of doors in gaming scene PvP/PvE modes, among other things..

well or just having it so people can buy an item that allows people to add one more person to the group in the future because some defense missions are really hard to the point that if your not playing the game a lot you cant finish the mission for example we have  a Trinity and a Mag (both low warframe lvls) and me as Ash at 30. Even with the death cube we die like at wave 15 and no mater what mods we switch out for we cant kill but yea mostly would like to see it in defense and other missions not all of them

The problem with upping the squad sizes currently is that DE's netcoding right now is...special.

I say special because this is only game I have played in my entire history of gaming that in which I can genuinely say I experienced Quantum Lag™ in.

Or Schrödinger's Lag™, if one prefers that title.

Edited by RealityMachina