Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What i think they should do with valkyr prime.

Aphelion_Sole

47 minutes ago, Littleman88 said:

This anger would carry to the other frames then.

And you:

Don't bank on it.  More precisely, don't bank on the Gersemi model.  That's what I was getting at.  At best, they'll have a reskin of the standard Valkyr model, plus adornments to look more "whole."  Seen the Valkyr Graxx skin?  Something like that, less Grineer, more Orokin.  On top of that, think Nyx Prime, where she has more frame (beyond just gold) added to her lower torso, thighs, and back compared to standard Nyx.    But the actual Gersemi model for Valkyr?  Not a chance.  It's a deluxe skin, not something that works with the Immortal skin (which ALL primes thus far have access to for a reason.)  Doesn't matter where it fits into the lore, Prime's are about matching the original in game model to make it recognizable, but visibly more fabulous (except Frost.)

Oh, and Valkyr "always being a berserker fighter" is news to me.  I remember everyone's argument against her going Prime was that her original self was peaceful, so the abilities would need a complete rework.  But whatever, her always being a berserker of sorts makes more sense (Orokin needed warrior gods, not pacifists.)

Mostly, I'd make the wager people here are clinging too much to the damn lore (again, and only for this sole Warframe) when there's little reason to believe DE will suddenly change tune and adopt a deluxe skin as the basis for a new Prime.  Nope, we'll get something akin to Excalibur -> Prime reskin plus Nyx padding additions, like every other recent prime.  Less exposed wiring for sure.  The spine?  Can't wait to see what they do with that, as I doubt it's a "tack on" bit, but part of the base model.

I'm not saying it'll be the gersemi model + bling, but the way primes are based off their original design, valkyr will instead be based off of the gersemi skin. It can be as different as trinity to trinity prime, but there won't be exposed wires, no arm cuffs, no collar, ect.

and I have no lore for my claim, it's simply the most logical conclusion to draw from the two facts that "valkyr is currently a berserker" and "valkyr prime will not have functionally different abilities"

5 hours ago, LordOfScrugging said:

if the original valkyr (valkyr prime) was incomplete, then valkyr's deluxe skin will be non existent. they will have to base it off the gersemi skin because the mass produced frames were based off the design of the original, although not to the same degree. 

This sums it up best.  

35 minutes ago, (PS4)PillarOfWar said:

Gersemi Valkyr is a neat deluxe skin but is a completely different body shape. 

actually for the most part its the same body shape, the biggest alteration to the Gersemi skin is the legs

5 hours ago, arch111 said:

Prime and standard are similar,  but can differ quite a bit.

latest?cb=20141124023132

latest?cb=20141124023139 

Added bling, elbow blades and legguards.

Man, Loki and his prime are just so beautiful honestly. I really wish more frames and Primes are/were designed like that.

5 hours ago, arch111 said:

And Valkyr Gersemi?  How different is that model really?

tumblr_nvlslyCPE01u7v2awo1_1280.jpg

/thread

Exactly. it's no big deal and DE can definitely do a Prime Valkyr that looks like Gersemi that would still look like Valkyr.

18 hours ago, Littleman88 said:

You forget that game play > lore.  PERIOD.  Also, good luck explaining why Valkyr Prime, the supposed "first model" is a pissed off raging feline, because you can bet your shiny metal infested @&$ her abilities ain't changing.  Also asks us to question, after the Tenno become aware of whom they are, why she's STILL pissed off.

So, by now we all know that Primes have special effects to their abilities, right? Vauban has ropes that connect to the floor, Nekros has the weird texture on his shadows. 

@Littleman88 brings up a point. Valkyr's abilities are not changing. 

But what if her attacks look different?

1. Ripline. Stays the same, look wise. You probably don't learn riplining from being tortured, so I'm just gonna throw an idea out that Valk knew how to ripline pre-alad V

2. Warcry. Errrrr.... Dunno how to change this one.

3. That 3rd ability that I use but can't remember the name of. Valkyr instead pushes her arms out, using energy (not a shout) to push back and stun enemies. 

4. Hysteria. Instead of tearing her enemies to shreds, Valkyr instead punches them. Simple as that. The "scream" can stay the same, as like a battle cry. 

22 hours ago, williamwatsonMH4 said:

We still have no idea of the primes came first or the regulars. IT could have got Ger valkyr - valkyr prime - alad valkyr from ger valkyr. 

primes were the first original warframe design. During the Orokin era.

Have her Primed variant use an alternate 4th ability called Tranquility, which in itself is the polar opposite to Hysteria. Everything appears as rainbows, walking through the park, giving people high-fives and picking up fresh daisies from the ground much like the Pyro vision goggles, where in actual fact everyone else sees it as mass genocide generating havoc upon the enemy.

4 minutes ago, Sebbertoa said:

Have her Primed variant use an alternate 4th ability called Tranquility, which in itself is the polar opposite to Hysteria. Everything appears as rainbows, walking through the park, giving people high-fives and picking up fresh daisies from the ground much like the Pyro vision goggles, where in actual fact everyone else sees it as mass genocide generating havoc upon the enemy.

I feel like having it function about the same as Hysteria, except with a more calm and controlled look and attack style, rather than the vicious outrage of normal Hysteria. Basically how the Destreza is, compared to something like the Venka.

3 hours ago, Sebbertoa said:

Instead of punching people, she hugs them, shakes their hands, pets the infested.....all in her mind. In reality she is using two swords spinning and slashing through everything.

1 hour ago, texrei said:

They could change her 4-th stance to make it look more like battle courage, but not "hysteria", i just don't know what to do with names of abilities. Is it such a big problem to rename them?

I Don't see how it would be a problem.

At most like 30 minutes of work.

To rename them that is no idea about the animations.

On 8/28/2016 at 9:24 PM, Littleman88 said:

Also asks us to question, after the Tenno become aware of whom they are, why she's STILL pissed off.

Our Tenno were never angry, our Tenno were not the ones affected by Alad Vs Experiments, some other Tenno suffered through that. 

Our Tenno built a jury-rigged version of Valkyr based on the info we pried out of him. Eventually we found the original designs and it turns out that Gersemi Valkyr was always a berserker, the abilities are the same and only the visual differ (most notably Gersemi's elegant energy claws)

Our Tenno needs to become "Angry" in order to maintain "affinity" with the Valkyr Warframe and access it's abilities, much like any other Warframe requires a synchronisation with it's "demeanor" to use it's abilities.