Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could asking for a Tonkor buff be considered as sacrilege? :)

Abraxas

Yes. Tonkor buff. You read it right. :)

I don't care if the weapon is, was or will be op, meta, or whatever. From the UT days I like shooting from a grenade/rocket launcher, especially if it fires the ammo in an arc.

Do you think it would ruin the current state of the weapon, if Tonkor would start behaving as shooting grenades and not the pinheads? The diversity in ways you can miss the targets with Tonkor is immense. I could understand that for surgical precision weapons but this is a grenade launcher, for God's sake. :)

am i reading this right ?

The only thing you ask for is the shooting trajectory to be changed ? like less an arc and after a little time the grenade goes down ?

Some tenno will tell you to adapt to your weapons.

Personaly i dont use it but i dont see it as a buff just an accuracy improvement.

Not totaly against but maybe some other weapons need a little more love like i dont know THE MACHETE !

Edited by trunks013

1 minute ago, trunks013 said:

Not totaly against but maybe some other weapons need a little more love like i dont know THE MACHETE !

^this. DE seem to have forgotten about Machetes entirely.

I think asking for a Tonkor buff is definitely a good way to tart some salt. personally I think the Synoid Simulor could use a buff too....

1 minute ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

^this. DE seem to have forgotten about Machetes entirely.

I think asking for a Tonkor buff is definitely a good way to tart some salt. personally I think the Synoid Simulor could use a buff too....

Rly man Synoid Simulor ? whats next Vaykor hek  and Saryn ? LOL or worst BANSHE !

Edited by trunks013

Just like the Tonkor badly needs a buff, I think that the Hall of Mirrors/Malice + Synoid Simulor Combo is also seriously underpowered.

It might be just me but I currently find myself having a hard time with this combo against lvl 150+ enemies.

I honestly think that all four hallucinations should contribute to the damage output just like they used to, before D.E unrightfully nerfed this combo into oblivion.

Spoiler

/Trollface

Edited by NativeKiller

11 minutes ago, Sebbertoa said:

This makes me think there should be a flak gun much like the one in UT.

Are you saying they should buff Tonkor graphically or statistically?

Not statistically. No damage increase. As far as I'm concerned you can even decrease it.

Just the size of the projectile is something that I would like to see changed. It's amazing how many grenades actually miss the target due to being too small (I manage to shoot the grenade through legs and under armpits on a regular basis).

No other suggestions/complaints.

Edited by proba0

16 minutes ago, Sebbertoa said:

This makes me think there should be a flak gun much like the one in UT.

Drakgoon is your friend...yes, i would like to have the flak-grenades it had as an alt fire in UT, but its similar enough to recognize it. I basically looks the same as well. And while you're at it, compare Stug and the Bio Rifle. It's probably as close as DE is allowed to get to its UT legacy without infringing copyright of epic games for the newer versions of UT.

3 minutes ago, proba0 said:

Not statistically. No damage increase. As far as I'm concerned you can even decrease it.

Just the size of the projectile is something that I would like to see changed. It's amazing how many grenades actually miss the target due to being too small (I manage to shoot the grenade through legs and under armpits on a regular basis).

I see. Consider revising what you originally wrote in the description of this post or start a new thread entirely about suggesting a larger projectile size that has nothing to do with the arc.

Reminds me of the Redeemer being something equivalent to the Opticor, except it needs more blast radius.

7 minutes ago, B4R4 said:

Drakgoon is your friend...yes, i would like to have the flak-grenades it had as an alt fire in UT, but its similar enough to recognize it. I basically looks the same as well. And while you're at it, compare Stug and the Bio Rifle. It's probably as close as DE is allowed to get to its UT legacy without infringing copyright of epic games for the newer versions of UT.

Yes! Maybe I should reconsider using Drakgoon again. It is a pretty darn good weapon.

My imagination had me thinking Miter should get a rework and a Prisma Skin to go with it to look like the Disk gun in UT too. UT99 had the most amazing weapons. The plasma gun is literally the Synoid Simulor.

Mag can help you hit stuff you want 100% of the time if you magnitize them before shooting. :D Terminal velocity IIRC makes the shots move faster so you have to calculate angles less so you can cut down on those long range bouncing misses. 

3 hours ago, proba0 said:

Do you think it would ruin the current state of the weapon, if Tonkor would start behaving as shooting grenades and not the pinheads? The diversity in ways you can miss the targets with Tonkor is immense. I could understand that for surgical precision weapons but this is a grenade launcher, for God's sake. :)

I'm having a hard time trying to understand what you want.

Edited by DNG0

Buffing weapons isn't really the DE way. Nah just introduce a new weapon that completely blows Tonkor out of the water.

Maybe a fully automatic weapon that deals twice the damage of Tonkor AND has a bigger AOE. And it bypasses anti-aoe defenses, because why not?

Also it makes the warframe invulnerable while shooting.