Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Potato Famine

NotaWarbrosAlt

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/66006-on-the-matter-of-potatoes-and-alerts-and-discounts/page-3#entry695469

Yes. They have stated they haven't removed them. Yet clearly, they are not present.

I believe it's called lying. People sometimes do it. Companies usually do it a lot more.

This famine is DE's way of punishing the RNG gods for spilling out 3 potato alerts in 12 hours that one time. 'Twas a good time fellas. good time indeed. not so much anymore :/

Personally, I think it's punishment for data-mining the void tables to show that the rates weren't anywhere near an acceptable level and actually bordering a scam.

I have noticed that as well.

So right now we get potatoes in login rewards that never pop up.

And now we get potatoes as alert rewards now that don' tpop up anymore.

I feel like someone is fooling with me tbh.

The chances are so low that I can't take them serious. It sounds more like a marketing trick to keep free to play players motivated until they buy platin out of frustration. Like "statistically they are in there so you can't be angry at me but to put it frankly. You maybe get one once in your livetime".

The only valid way to obtain those items is after an livestream. So that would be one every two weeks.

Its good that Orokin Reactors are so rare since there are only 14 obtainable warframes and 3 Sentinels. I think if you have the platin to buy the slots then you can spend some for Reactors.

But why do they have to limit the Catalysts this way? There are so many weapons and the amount is increasing with every major patch.

Orokin Catalysts should be obtainable at a resonable rate. And right now its far beyond resonable.

I believe it's called lying. People sometimes do it. Companies usually do it a lot more.

Personally, I think it's punishment for data-mining the void tables to show that the rates weren't anywhere near an acceptable level and actually bordering a scam.

Yep. This is pretty much hitting the nail on the head.

I have noticed that as well.

So right now we get potatoes in login rewards that never pop up.

And now we get potatoes as alert rewards now that don' tpop up anymore.

I feel like someone is fooling with me tbh.

The chances are so low that I can't take them serious. It sounds more like a marketing trick to keep free to play players motivated until they buy platin out of frustration. Like "statistically they are in there so you can't be angry at me but to put it frankly. You maybe get one once in your livetime".

The only valid way to obtain those items is after an livestream. So that would be one every two weeks.

Its good that Orokin Reactors are so rare since there are only 14 obtainable warframes and 3 Sentinels. I think if you have the platin to buy the slots then you can spend some for Reactors.

But why do they have to limit the Catalysts this way? There are so many weapons and the amount is increasing with every major patch.

Orokin Catalysts should be obtainable at a resonable rate. And right now its far beyond resonable.

Sometimes RNG is a *@##$ with certain people.

I got 40 Saryn helms, 23 Saryn systems and ONE Chassis after 100-150 runs.

The mates I farmed with had enough prints to forge Saryn 11 times by the time I got the Chassis.

But yeah, it felt like I was running with ninja nerfed rates after such result.

RNG can be pretty RNG sometimes...

I think that he point of this topic is to tell DE they should either acknowledge the problem or come out and honestly say that alerts have been changed when it comes to potatoes.

But then again when was the last RNG forma alert? Or Vauban part alert. Me thinks that the entire rare pool for alerts might be broken somehow.

Or if potatoes have indeed been removed, then DE should just come out and say it. Maybe they want to make potato alerts exclusively after streams. I would be fine with that, but they need to inform us properly.

Edited by LocoWithGun

I think that he point of this topic is to tell DE they should either acknowledge the problem or come out and honestly say that alerts have been changed when it comes to potatoes.

But then again when was the last RNG forma alert? Or Vauban part alert. Me thinks that the entire rare pool for alerts might be broken somehow.

Or if potatoes have indeed been removed, then DE should just come out and say it. Maybe they want to make potato alerts exclusively after streams. I would be fine with that, but they need to inform us properly.

Forma took part of both potatoes drop rates. It's probable that some of the new Vauban parts also share the rare table. So we have seen a few rares in the last weeks, people are just ignoring them because they're not potatoes.

Forma took part of both potatoes drop rates. It's probable that some of the new Vauban parts also share the rare table. So we have seen a few rares in the last weeks, people are just ignoring them because they're not potatoes.

Hey, I'm glad you finally agree with us. There's been no potatoes, and that is indeed the problem. Whether DE is just lying again or is being incompetent with drop tables is the only thing we don't know about at this point, but things point heavily to the first option.

Hey, I'm glad you finally agree with us. There's been no potatoes, and that is indeed the problem. Whether DE is just lying again or is being incompetent with drop tables is the only thing we don't know about at this point, but things point heavily to the first option.

Yeah, 0 potatoes. I definitely didn't get a couple BP's last week or anything. Oh wait, I forgot, those don't exist.

This is about DE handing out free potatoes. Are you not getting free potatoes? Yes, you are.

He just said this is about random alerts, OP's post is tracking random alerts, this has nothing to do with livestream potatoes because they aren't the result of RNG.

12h alerts are not random. This is about the random alerts.

The implications of lying and removal are false. Fostering this speculation is very negative. However, data posted seems to support the speculation, but the same could be said for everything else in the pool. Jaw Sword famine (last was June 12 I believe), Nyx helmet famine, etc. The key difference is the value of the items to the average player, of course.

What we have (and have posted here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/58975-june-4th-community-hot-topics/ and here https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/67413-june-20th-community-hot-topics/) is a diluted pool. Users hope for X (the valuable potato), but due to dilution, the random chance is in competition with shared items.

An identical issues was present for Void Keys, Rare Mods, etc, in defense rewards - we made significant changes to this.

Positive changes will also happen to the Alert System distribution to fix the effects of the ever-growing pool of rewards.

This thread is being locked, if one wishes to contribute to existing Alert System suggestion threads, or create their own, feel free!