Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

are syndicate weapon PARTS worth getting?

zoobmer

Question

in addition to fully built weapons, syndicates offer a number of weapon parts. I'm in four syndicates and have no plans on joining the other two. are these weapon parts worth getting? what would I even do with them?

in this screenshot, as an example, we see Red Veil offering a blade, two handles, and two stock.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma.

Edited by ZBanx

20 answers to this question

you can always sell them. the perrin/loka parts worth more, so if you're with them then you're in luck. though most people just trade them 

they're the only way to build these weapons, so if you don't need the standing, make sure you have every part ready for trading/selling

They're for Archwing weapons.

IMO, the Fluctus is amazing and well worth getting (you can trade parts if your Syndicates don't have all of 'em),
Velocitus is a beast if you want to e.g. kill (trying to avoid spoilers) a certain Infested space boss quickly.

Dunno 'bout the other guns (yay Imperator Vandal), and for melee,
I guess Centaur isn't too shabby but in my book, the Knux just get way more style points :P

Archwing weapons and uh... archwings  take up a good amount of mastery points so eventually it might be good to get them all, especially for Jordas Verdict and any other endgame content with archwing that may be released. Also all parts are tradable so no need to do all syndicates, just find a clan mate/friend/ or someone in trade chat looking to trade parts from other syndicates.

Edited by (PS4)porkchopbroth

3 minutes ago, Kenshin98 said:

you can always sell them. the perrin/loka parts worth more, so if you're with them then you're in luck. though most people just trade them 

they're the only way to build these weapons, so if you don't need the standing, make sure you have every part ready for trading/selling

oh nice! so is it easy to set up a trade where one player offers Hexis/Suda parts, and the other offers Sequence/Loka parts, or would players not consider that a fair trade?

3 minutes ago, Mcl_BlueMadness said:

Considering the vomit machine that Archwing currently is, I'd much rather get these parts from the Syndicates than farm them.

agreed.

5 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Velocitus is a beast if you want to e.g. kill (trying to avoid spoilers) a certain Infested space boss quickly.

okay, let's talk about that battle

Spoiler

I actually gave up on the jorden precept because that fight was so tough. I could hardly damage the golem at all! can you message me a build to beat him? I'll also need to know where to get the mods, because my mod collection is lacking.

I actually thought I was having trouble because I lacked the mods. I didn't think of getting a new loadout, because I didn't know what loadout to get, and I didn't even have the mods to fill 30 drain!

1 minute ago, ZBanx said:

oh nice! so is it easy to set up a trade where one player offers Hexis/Suda parts, and the other offers Sequence/Loka parts, or would players not consider that a fair trade?

it is fair, and in a way, mandatory, since even if you want to build a Cyngas for example, and you were with SM/AoH/CS, you need at least 1-2 parts from RV/PS/NL. it's totally fair  

4 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

I actually thought I was having trouble because I lacked the mods. I didn't think of getting a new loadout, because I didn't know what loadout to get, and I didn't even have the mods to fill 30 drain!

Mods are the most important part. You can beat the golem easily with starter AW gear with just a potato :)

4 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

Mods are the most important part. You can beat the golem easily with starter AW gear with just a potato :)

what's the fastest way to farm the mods I need to beat him? I'm not a big fan of archwing, so I'd rather not spend too much time farming those parts. I do, however, do archwing exterminate alerts, and want to complete every quest in the game at some point.

Syndicates are currently the only way to make these Arch-weapons, so if you intend to make any Arch-weapons other than the Imperator, Veritux, Imperator Vandal (from Balor Fomorian alerts), Prisma Veritux (from Baro Ki'Teer), Grattler (dojo research), or Knux (dojo research), you'll need to buy or trade for these parts.

If you intend to ever actually gear yourself for Archwing:

• The Fluctus is great at clearing groups of enemies, especially in Corpus Archwing missions where the Fluctus can shoot through dozens of meters of wall.
  • The Imperator, Imperator Vandal, and Cyngas are great for all-round general use.
  • The Grattler and Velocitus are the heaviest hitting against bosses. The Velocitus has infinite range, but the Grattler has less trouble with standard mobs due being automatic and having a bit of AoE.
  • The Centaur is the best Arch-melee, though you literally cannot go wrong with any of them.

Otherwise, you'll still want them for Mastery, if nothing else.

Edited by Inarticulate

3 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

Syndicates are currently the only way to make these Arch-weapons, so if you intend to make any Arch-weapons other than the Imperator, Veritux, Imperator Vandal (from Balor Fomorian alerts), or Prisma Veritux (from Baro Ki'Teer), you'll need to buy or trade for these parts.

sorry, that last comment was supposed to say "where can I farm the mods"

edit: just realized that's not what you were replying to.

Edited by ZBanx

1 minute ago, Inarticulate said:

Syndicates are currently the only way to make these Arch-weapons, so if you intend to make any Arch-weapons other than the Imperator, Veritux, Imperator Vandal (from Balor Fomorian alerts), or Prisma Veritux [...]

Grattler and Knux are Clan-Tech, so you can save yourself the bother of trading for parts :)

2 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

what's the fastest way to farm the mods I need to beat him? I'm not a big fan of archwing, so I'd rather not spend too much time farming those parts. I do, however, do archwing exterminate alerts, and want to complete every quest in the game at some point.

Generally mobile defences. Good amount of enemies, makes for an easy ride. Just don't jump into Salacia (on Neptune) with starter unmodded gear or else they'll brutalise you badly, even in a team.

43 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

I merely see archwing as a means to an end, nothing more.

If you like playing archwing, or you want to level up everything for high Masters Ranking, then yes.  Otherwise no, save your syndicate for relic package. 

1 minute ago, Deathkgt said:

save your syndicate for relic package. 

did I mention I run duel augment builds on most of my warframes? now that needs a lot of standing.

I'm also planning on getting syndicate weapons from all four syndicates I'm in, for mastery if not for anything else.