Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Poll: How Do You Feel About Nullifiers?

Rhekemi

3 hours ago, Kaiser_Suoh said:

where are the Nullifiers defenders now?

2 minutes ago, Kaiser_Suoh said:

I found one defender!!.

Hi :D

I think it'd be cool if we just didn't do this.

Please.

It's not about defending or attacking the Nullifier, so much as its about just asking people what they think. Letting them have a say. And then trying to discern something relevant from the data.

33 minutes ago, Rhekemi said:

I think it'd be cool if we just didn't do this.

Please.

It's not about defending or attacking the Nullifier, so much as its about just asking people what they think. Letting them have a say. And then trying to discern something relevant from the data.

The funny part is that DE dont care about any type of feedbacks about Nullifiers.

Believe me, i tried, people tried, and still DE are buffing Nullifiers.

Edited by Kaiser_Suoh

44 minutes ago, Kaiser_Suoh said:

The funny part is that DE dont care about any type of feedbacks about Nullifiers.

I believe you're wrong.

I believe they care because they have to. A developer that stops caring about what its community has to say is in serious trouble.

I believe caring does not equal changing the enemy unit as per our suggestions if they:

A) don't agree with them

B) haven't figured out how to address the community's concerns without compromising the Nullifier's intended purpose ("challenging players to change their strategy")

C) would rather address the overall problems Nullifiers help to address

I also believe they will, eventually, compromise and meet the community halfway. Somehow.

Edited by Rhekemi

I like them. As much as i loved Valkyr and raged because of them (like if valkyr moved forward just a bit too much and you got into the bubble), i still like them and, besides that, never had issues with them. I play without any actively running Ability pretty much 99.9% because i am using Excalibur (that passive <3) + Nikana Prime.

11 minutes ago, Kagisnad said:

the only change they need is making the bubble pop based on damage done, not total hits. it's lame how a high firerate, but trash weapon, can pop the bubble so easily, but try to do it with a tigris and you may as well bash you head against a wall.

This, exactly this! That mechanic is so stupid, and I checked how it works, which is at it's basics:

• Nullifier Bubbles have object based health, like Ramparts and Grineer Blunts, which means you cannot deal critical damage to them.
  • They don't take damage per hit, but per frame (framerate), meaning that multishot is useless.
  • They have a 100-400 minimum/maximum-damage mechanic going. Meaning they take 100 damage per frame at minimum and 400 damage per frame at maximum. So basically anything below 100 will get buffed to 100, anything between 100-400 stays at it is and everything above 400 will be reduced to 400.

I personally, don't care about them in lower numbers (1-3), but in higher numbers, they are just plain unfair, especially if they are coupled with heavy hitters.I personally don't think they should be removed, but a tweak cannot hurt them. I would love if they would reduce the spawn rate, especially in Corpus Fissure Missions, which can be utter hell at high levels, and maybe would remove the "min/max damage per frame"mechanic.

7 minutes ago, EpicRC said:

Just step inside their nono zone and shoot them in the face because somehow they still miss their lanka shots even at pointblank range.

They actually gets less accurate as we get closer due to the Lanka's barrel being very long.

I use this to my advantage during Darvo's bust, getting right up on their faces as they back away and missing all the while :D

It's to heal Darvo, so it's a good cause :3

Edited by Beggining
Woot da woop

Took the "I am death" option, like most of the vets here should.  Too many workarounds, weaknesses to warframe powers they're supposed to bypass (summoned weapons, charmed/summoned ranged enemies), and have practically no defense when the bubble is down.   I find ancient healers way way more annoying.

A fun compromise would be swapping the spawn rate of scrambus type units and nullifiers.  Never see enough of those units outside of limited time events.  And god knows I've had enough of moas and crewmen to last two lifetimes.

17 hours ago, Rhekemi said:

I believe you're wrong.

I believe they care because they have to. A developer that stops caring about what its community has to say is in serious trouble.

I believe caring does not equal changing the enemy unit as per our suggestions if they:

A) don't agree with them

B) haven't figured out how to address the community's concerns without compromising the Nullifier's intended purpose ("challenging players to change their strategy")

C) would rather address the overall problems Nullifiers help to address

I also believe they will, eventually, compromise and meet the community halfway. Somehow.

Nahh.

Facts > fantasy

A lot of feedbacks forgotten, many attempts, and DE buffed Nullifiers (Nullifier Globes can destroy Frost Globes)

With all the "complain" about that buff, crazy and unnecesary buff, DE nerfed them a bit (range).

Facts > fantasy

Edited by Kaiser_Suoh

1 minute ago, Carnage2K4 said:

I don't get it, I really don't have issues with nullifiers, it's the disrupters that irritate me to no end... Mainly as I can't find them half the time, at least nullifiers are like "HERE I AM, LOOK AT MY MASSIVE FLASHY BUBBLE"

Oh yeah, they can be annoying to find.

Well... Let me try to explain it to you this way.

Be a squishy Warframe that relies a lot on powers. You go into a Axi Corpus Fissure Mission, everything is dandy, until you go through the door and enter a room just to be greeted not by one,two or even three Gold or Blue Bubbles but ten to fifteen. But that's not all, you have a lot of Corrupted Lances, Corrupted Crewman, Corrupted Heavy Hitters, a bunch of normal Corpus guys, Moas, Ospreys, hek why not throw in one or two bursas.

That is the problem with Nullifiers. Their spawnrate is so broken, that at random times you get so many that you don't know which one you kill first, because the room is chockfull of them. Of course that doesn't happen all the time and is mostly restricted to fissure missions, but if it happens, it is hell on whatever-the-planet-you-are-on.

I hope that helped you understand things a little better.

9 minutes ago, Kiyomaru-EN- said:

Be a squishy Warframe that relies a lot on powers. You go into a Axi Corpus Fissure Mission, everything is dandy, until you go through the door and enter a room just to be greeted not by one,two or even three Gold or Blue Bubbles but ten to fifteen. But that's not all, you have a lot of Corrupted Lances, Corrupted Crewman, Corrupted Heavy Hitters, a bunch of normal Corpus guys, Moas, Ospreys, hek why not throw in one or two bursas.

That is the problem with Nullifiers. Their spawnrate is so broken, that at random times you get so many that you don't know which one you kill first, because the room is chockfull of them. Of course that doesn't happen all the time and is mostly restricted to fissure missions, but if it happens, it is hell on whatever-the-planet-you-are-on.

I don't think I have ever seen that scenario doing a Axi fissure mission... Me thinks you may be over exaggerating somewhat, Don't you guys bring guns? 2 sprays with a braton and the bubble is gone, I'm just not feeling the difficulty ppl seem to be complaining about so often.

10 minutes ago, Kiyomaru-EN- said:

Don't forget the Corrupted's ability to instantly lock you in a room when they sound an alarm, surrounded with no powers. Oh boy, the joy of reviving and dying over and over again!

Just now, Carnage2K4 said:

I don't think I have ever seen that scenario doing a Axi fissure mission... Me thinks you may be over exaggerating somewhat, Don't you guys bring guns? 2 sprays with a braton and the bubble is gone, I'm just not feeling the difficulty ppl seem to be complaining about so often.

I wish I was, my friend, I wish I was... I encountered that problem in an Axi Rescue. We failed the mission multiple times, because the target just kept getting annihilated, as well as anyone that tried to rez it.

And yes we did bring guns... And good luck popping 10 bubbles while everything is shooting at you from seven different directions at once.

2 minutes ago, Beggining said:

Don't forget the Corrupted's ability to instantly lock you in a room when they sound an alarm, surrounded with no powers. Oh boy, the joy of reviving and dying over and over again!

Wait, they can do that? Oh.... Sholy Hit....

Just now, Kiyomaru-EN- said:

Yeah, for some reason, when you're in a fissure mission, the alarm have this weirdly high chance of going instantly into a lockdown. If you're playing a caster-type frame surrounded by Nullies, Ancients, and Bombards when the lockdown happens, I suggest you just abort the mission XD

4 minutes ago, Kiyomaru-EN- said:

I wish I was, my friend, I wish I was... I encountered that problem in an Axi Rescue. We failed the mission multiple times, because the target just kept getting annihilated, as well as anyone that tried to rez it.

And yes we did bring guns... And good luck popping 10 bubbles while everything is shooting at you from seven different directions at once.

Noting I can say without being rude, we've never have an issue on Axi missions...

3 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Noting I can say without being rude, we've never have an issue on Axi missions...

Well. I never said it occurs every mission, and they might have stealth fixed that already, but it did happen, and can happen again. Also if it never happened to you, then you can consider yourself lucky and eat a cookie, cause you deserve it. Why? I am just hungry for cookies, that's why xD

1 hour ago, Kaiser_Suoh said:

Nahh.

Facts > fantasy

Belief is not fantasy. The two words, or concepts, are not interchangeable.

My beliefs (that you're wrong, that they care, that they care but haven't changed the enemy unit because of various possible reasons) are based on observable facts, not fantasy.

A lot of feedbacks forgotten, many attempts, and DE buffed Nullifiers (Nullifier Globes can destroy Frost Globes)

And none of that proves, factually, that DE does not care about feedback, and will never compromise on Nullifiers/change them. It's your opinion, your belief, that it proves DE doesn't care and won't change the enemy unit.

You're thinking short-term, immediate change based on complaints. I'm thinking the long-term, and DE finding a way to address our concerns without undermining the Nullifier's purpose.

Calling your opinion a fact doesn't make it one.

That DE hasn't sufficiently addressed the Nullifier issue (and I agree that they haven't) doesn't mean they won't, and don't care about our feedback.

To state that they don't care about feedback/won't change the enemy unit in any way (based on our feedback) is conjecture and opinion, not fact.

With all the "complain" about that buff, crazy and unnecesary buff, DE nerfed them a bit (range).

You do realize that your quote above is in direct conflict with the post that started this exchange:

19 hours ago, Kaiser_Suoh said:

Complaints about buffs being crazy and unnecessary (your words) are included in the definition of feedback. If DE listened and reduced the Nullifiers' range, you've nullified your own original point. Pun intended.

Look, my point remains: DE listens. May take them a while to change things, but they do. And I will continue to believe, based on what I've seen them do, that they will eventually compromise and meet us half way.

Again, belief (based on observable fact) isn't fantasy.

21 minutes ago, Rhekemi said:

Belief is not fantasy. The two words, or concepts, are not interchangeable.

My beliefs (that you're wrong, that they care, that they care but haven't changed the enemy unit because of various possible reasons) are based on observable facts, not fantasy.

And none of that proves, factually, that DE does not care about feedback, and will never compromise on Nullifiers/change them. It's your opinion, your belief, that it proves DE doesn't care and won't change the enemy unit.

You're thinking short-term, immediate change based on complaints. I'm thinking the long-term, and DE finding a way to address our concerns without undermining the Nullifier's purpose.

Calling your opinion a fact doesn't make it one.

That DE hasn't sufficiently addressed the Nullifier issue (and I agree that they haven't) doesn't mean they won't, and don't care about our feedback.

To state that they don't care about feedback/won't change the enemy unit in any way (based on our feedback) is conjecture and opinion, not fact.

You do realize that your quote above is in direct conflict with the post that started this exchange:

Complaints about buffs being crazy and unnecessary (your words) are included in the definition of feedback. If DE listened and reduced the Nullifiers' range, you've nullified your own original point. Pun intended.

Look, my point remains: DE listens. May take them a while to change things, but they do. And I will continue to believe, based on what I've seen them do, that they will eventually compromise and meet us half way.

Again, belief (based on observable fact) isn't fantasy.

Whatever dude, DE never read feedbacks about Nullifiers.

You cant deny that.

5 minutes ago, Kaiser_Suoh said:

Whatever dude, DE never read feedbacks about Nullifiers.

They've said they read our feedback, and with Nulifiers there's so much of it, I find it hard to see how they'd avoid it if they wanted to.

5 minutes ago, Kaiser_Suoh said:

You cant deny that.

I can and do.

But yes, it'd be cool if we could drop the debate as this wasn't the point of the topic.

I appreciate your view--I just believe you're wrong, just as you believe I'm wrong/not facing reality.

Time, ultimately, will tell.

I'm gonna copypasta a surprisingly popular comment I left on Quiette Shy's video about Nullifiers.

Rehtael

commented on a video on YouTube.
Shared publicly  -  Aug 15, 2016

I still say nullifiers aren't the problem everyone makes them out to be. Only when too many of them spawn at once. Nullifiers usually miss their shots, have very little health even when scaled up, and if you have an automatic weapon the shields melt relatively fast.

Techs
Sappers
Combas
Scrambuses
Scavengers
Bursas

THESE are the problems with corpus. Not the nullybully.
Edited by Rehtael7