Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't Cancel Volt's Speed

Eostara

It is intermittent.  I think it is lag or FPS related

I would like there to be a different way to cancel it besides backflip, since i literally have to stop playing and concentrate on hitting 3 buttons in the correct order to perform it, and even then sometimes it doesn't work because of lag issues

Confirming this problem and agreeing that backflip is not a very intuitive way to cancel this effect. If I could go into options and choose to disable the ability to receive Volt's speed boost from another player, I would. It's disruptive to my gameplay in almost every situation. I thought the boost drop was a very workable compromise and I wouldn't mind seeing the return of that.

As it is, every time Volt puts out a speed boost, every mission turns into a bad Benny Hill sketch. I'm tired of it.

Come to think of it, the range on that power can get rather large. I've been boosted from what felt like 70+ meters away. I couldn't even see the Volt that used it on my screen. Maybe that could use a nerf.

Edited by Geraaltix

• 1 month later...

Same here, i t seems i rarely can cancel volt speed by spamming backflip, but most of the time, i have to stop moving, waiting for speed to go away ... when i want speed, i use volt myself, when i am using another frame in most situations, i don't want speed.

I would also love if it was cancellable by something else than a backflip.

On 9/9/2016 at 1:04 AM, tsoa said:

I have the same issue with not being able to cancel it. My my suggestion would be to cancel the effect by rolling; same as leaving the rift when a Limbo puts it on other players.

Problem is, what if you're grouped with both Limbo and Volt and want to cancel the speed but not the rift (or the other way around) ? :D

On 10/18/2016 at 6:27 AM, Chewarette said:

Problem is, what if you're grouped with both Limbo and Volt and want to cancel the speed but not the rift (or the other way around) ? :D

Then not roll. But something besides backflip. Backflipping is annoying to pull off. I hope they sort this out before, with, or soon after The War Within, because I'm tired of neurotic speedmonkeys that are trying to cosplay Sonic the Hedgehog in my squads. I've started to notice some of them spamming it when they see me try to backflip the buff off of myself. And that's going to be a problem too.

Edited by Geraaltix

25 base cost, on a frame that has a base of 300 power (volt prime), and they could have primed flow and efficiency mods on top of that.  They can spam it faster than you can remove it.

I don't care if it takes a backflip to remove it.  All I want is for that backflip to prevent it from being reapplied for the duration of the mission.

• 3 months later...
On 9/8/2016 at 2:57 PM, -CM-Kinnison said:

It is intermittent.  I think it is lag or FPS related

I would like there to be a different way to cancel it besides backflip, since i literally have to stop playing and concentrate on hitting 3 buttons in the correct order to perform it, and even then sometimes it doesn't work because of lag issues

Or doing something that doesn't take as long to do as far as animation goes. Maybe for consoles use right on the dpad (doesn't seem to have a bind). Not sure what button that would b on PC. Or rapid triple tap aim/channel binds

Edited by (PS4)CactusButtons

I Agree there needs to be an easier way to cancel Volt's speed boost I run volt a lot and just use the speed boost in specific areas of a mission personally. It can be spammed once ever 25 seconds I want to say well with my build, but yeah I agree it needs a better cancel.