Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tanky frame

(PSN)Deception_Pharo

Question

Hello tenno,

I'm looking for a tank frame that can take incoming damage to health, shield or amour, as i've been getting used to the same frame and wanted to switch it up.

Current tanky frames I own:

> Wukong

> Excaliber (life strike mod)

> Inaros 

> Valkyr

Many advised rhino, but I don't like him so he's neglected, but some have said chroma. 

I want your suggestion and advice, including any build you have and if the frame is worth venturing into sortie.

Please keep in civilized and constructive. Thanks.

Edited by (PS4)Deception_Pharo
Forgot 1 frame

mesa, wukong, inaros, ice chorma..etc 

personally, I use night equinox with peaceful provocation augment, it's perfect if you're running against grineer and you wanna use shotguns or melee. once you take a certain about of dmg, your 3rd (which also reduces energy dmg) stats to slow them too. since night can heal, it's pretty easy to get the health back (or life strike). I did this on a sortie 3 survival and I didn't die once. it's not really tanky, more like enemies can't even hit you thing 

you can slow them, reduce their dmg, put them to sleep and also heal yourself. plus her 3rd also allows zenurik passive to work, so you won't have energy problems when you use the passive 

Mesa and Zephyr are pretty much bullet-proof.

Trinity is quite tanky with Link + Blessing stacked and can support the Squad at the same time.

Frost is decently sturdy but also a stupid good mass (damager and) debuffer / CCer with max Efficiency & Range Avalanche.

Nyx with Assimilate is kind of like a Defy Wukong except with the bonus of Chaos CC.

Alternatively, go a different route and just stroll leasurely through missions as a perma-invisible Loki / Ivara / Ash :P

9 minutes ago, Kenshin98 said:

mesa, wukong, inaros, ice chorma..etc 

personally, I use night equinox with peaceful provocation augment, it's perfect if you're running against grineer and you wanna use shotguns or melee. once you take a certain about of dmg, your 3rd (which also reduces energy dmg) stats to slow them too. since night can heal, it's pretty easy to get the health back (or life strike). I did this on a sortie 3 survival and I didn't die once. it's not really tanky, more like enemies can't even hit you thing 

you can slow them, reduce their dmg, put them to sleep and also heal yourself. plus her 3rd also allows zenurik passive to work, so you won't have energy problems when you use the passive 

Already have wukong and inaros so read what i've posted.

I don't like mesa, but I need to try chroma. 

I feel slightly triggered by the rhino neglection >.>

Then again most people can't play a proper tank rhino so....

Equinox night form is a pretty neglected tank. With pacify, she reduces incoming damage and that's a kind of tankiness that can be shared with a team.

I haven't seen Nekros Shadows build mentioned here as well. Also a nice team friendly tank.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

Already have wukong and inaros so read what i've posted.

I don't like mesa, but I need to try chroma. 

Hey tenno dont be on the defensive he was just listing some of the most known one.

Its just happen you own some of them. He didn't mean to be rude or something.

For ice chroma i can fetch you a build but its max armor with probably arcane grace/guardian on it and you use vex armor combined with it and some use rage to get energy back. I saw plenty of them in sortie they are very durable.

Edited by trunks013

4 minutes ago, Major_Phantom said:

I feel slightly triggered by the rhino neglection >.>

Then again most people can't play a proper tank rhino so

To be fair, rhino is easy to play as a tank frame, support and CC, I still have him but never touched him, since he the most popular frame around that everyone will suggest.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

To be fair, rhino is easy to play as a tank frame, support and CC, I still have him but never touched him, since he the most popular frame around that everyone will suggest.

Being a good tank has nothing to do with being a hipster XD

Ironclad charge gives rhino everything: sortie viable tankiness, good damage buff, cc and mobility.

Also, another one no one mentioned is a Turbulence Zephyr. As long as you're not against infested, she'll do the job.

10 minutes ago, Varacal said:

Nekros + Shield of Shadows + Despoil + Health Conversion + Equilibrium is a very suprising and very effective tank

With his passive and the above mods plus a few more, Nekros is a pretty handy tank. He gives just a bit more than Inaros. My only issue with Chroma is if you're in a high enemy density map, you have to really keep an eye on your ability timers otherwise you might run without any buffs and Chroma is as Squishy as any other frame without them. 

11 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Hey tenno dont be on the defensive he was just listing some of the most known one.

Its just happen you own some of them. He didn't mean to be rude or something.

For ice chroma i can fetch you a build but its max armor with probably arcane grace/guardian on it and you use vex armor combined with it and some use rage to get energy back. I saw plenty of them in sortie they are very durable.

I'm not trying to be rude but stating i've already got the frame he mentioned so i've stated that suggest other frames.

Could you show me the build as I'm curious to try it.

Edited by (PS4)Deception_Pharo

6 minutes ago, Major_Phantom said:

Being a good tank has nothing to do with being a hipster XD

Ironclad charge gives rhino everything: sortie viable tankiness, good damage buff, cc and mobility.

Also, another one no one mentioned is a Turbulence Zephyr. As long as you're not against infested, she'll do the job.

I'll try rhino and I think someone has suggested zephyr.