The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition for Natural Talent to be an Exilus Mod

Zachles

6 hours ago, Buzkyl said:

almost all the exilus mods at best can be describe as situational in use and thier bonuses are minor compared to normal mods.

Handspring, Rush want a date with you.

6 hours ago, Buzkyl said:

Name 1 frame that won't benefit from 50% faster cast time

I can name you 2: Ash & Ember. On some Frames it can become essential, on others it depends on players preferences, just like any other mod in the game. And just like all reload mods, it increases your animation speed, it doesn't cut the time in half, so the actual increase is ~33%. It also does not remove after cast animations. 

Exilus slot is for Utility mods, cast time increase is utility.

57 minutes ago, ShortCat said:

Handspring, Rush want a date with you.

I can name you 2: Ash & Ember. On some Frames it can become essential, on others it depends on players preferences, just like any other mod in the game. And just like all reload mods, it increases your animation speed, it doesn't cut the time in half, so the actual increase is ~33%. It also does not remove after cast animations. 

Exilus slot is for Utility mods, cast time increase is utility.

Except neither handspring nor rush directly affect frame abilities, NT does. They affect frame base stats, not abilities. Speed drift affects both however, it's minor bonuses is what keeps it in line. Also both Ash an Ember positively benefit of NT, Ember's Accelerant even stacks with it. Ash's Invis and Shuriken benefits off it.

14 minutes ago, Buzkyl said:

Except neither handspring nor rush directly affect frame abilities, NT does. They affect frame base stats, not abilities. Speed drift affects both however, it's minor bonuses is what keeps it in line. Also both Ash an Ember positively benefit of NT, Ember's Accelerant even stacks with it. Ash's Invis and Shuriken benefits off it.

Dude, I think you're fighting a bit too hard against NT. Do you really think people are going to abuse it? No, they're going to put it on frames that have long cast times, such as Nekros, Nezha, and Equinox. Trust me, you're not gonna see anyone put NT on frames that don't need it unless it's purely for fun. They'll get WAY more out of Drift mods. Those mods are being used more than any other Exilus mods, even if they have "reduced effect". Though they aren't as strong as say stretch, or intensify, they're still much more worth using over Exilus mods. If Natural Talent became Exilus, people would actually have some diversity in certain builds.

1 hour ago, EchoesOfRain said:

Dude, I think you're fighting a bit too hard against NT. Do you really think people are going to abuse it? No, they're going to put it on frames that have long cast times, such as Nekros, Nezha, and Equinox. Trust me, you're not gonna see anyone put NT on frames that don't need it unless it's purely for fun. They'll get WAY more out of Drift mods. Those mods are being used more than any other Exilus mods, even if they have "reduced effect". Though they aren't as strong as say stretch, or intensify, they're still much more worth using over Exilus mods. If Natural Talent became Exilus, people would actually have some diversity in certain builds.

Except when you look at how rampant ability spam is, NT not being an exilus mod is a good thing. When the staff nade mods exilus they left out NT, when they went and revisted and added more mods tot he table they also left out NT. Then we got speed drift which featured a reduced version of NT effect. The mod is being left out for a reason.

I'd fit in NT on 80% of my frames if it was an exilus mod, interms of utility there aren't' much that an compete with it.

People want diverse build but they also want to min max. Similar reason with Augment slots, if they were preset there would be no reason not to use augments. The mod system is suppose to have draw backs.

Edited by Buzkyl

On 11.9.2016 at 3:12 PM, Buzkyl said:

Except neither handspring nor rush directly affect frame abilities, NT does.

With the introduction of Drift mods, this argument became invalid, no matter how big or small the bonus is.

On 11.9.2016 at 3:12 PM, Buzkyl said:

Also both Ash an Ember positively benefit of NT, Ember's Accelerant even stacks with it. Ash's Invis and Shuriken benefits off it.

Yes, they positivly benefit from it, however, base cast times on this abilities are very generous and none of those 2 require NT. Noone prevents you from using NT on them, but why would you do so, when there are much better mods for those specific frames.

On 11.9.2016 at 5:24 PM, Buzkyl said:

I'd fit in NT on 80% of my frames if it was an exilus mod, interms of utility there aren't' much that an compete with it.

People want diverse build but they also want to min max. Similar reason with Augment slots, if they were preset there would be no reason not to use augments. The mod system is suppose to have draw backs.

The fact, that you could fit NT 80% of the time is your subjective opinion. Just like mine, as I use Handspring 90% of the time. For me it would mean diversity.

On 11.9.2016 at 5:24 PM, Buzkyl said:

Except when you look at how rampant ability spam is, NT not being an exilus mod is a good thing.

This argument I hear a lot, but it has no substance. "NT would further increase ability spam". Note, we am not talking about cast times, but ability spam here. Skills like MP or Chaos and similar fall not under this category, because there is no need to cast them every 0.5 seconds. You cast them once and wait for the next appropriate moment. And if you think the potential damage increase is too much, I will tell you that Power Drift does a lot more than NT in this case.