Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do I have to pay sacrifices repeatadly when having negative standing?

Helch0rn

Question

I want to change syndicates but I am unsure if I have to pay the sacrifices repeatadly if I sink to the lowest rank of a syndicate repeatadly

for example:

I rank up Steel meridian -> loka hates me

I pay the sacrifices and rank up loka -> steel meridian hates me

I pay the sacrifice and level up steel meridian again

do I have to pay loka again if I decide to level them up again?

14 answers to this question

I've gone back into red veil negative after being negative previously.   You only need to pay the sacrifice once, same goes on the positive side. 

From what I remember from updates it seems it was changed a short while back so you didn't need to keep paying sacrifices. 

You can actually do 4 syndicates.

I do cephalon suda first (100%) which gives 50% rep to arbiters of hexis while taking 50% rep from red veil.  Then I do Steel Meridian which levels up cephalon suda without impacting the other two.  It's a bit time consuming a convoluted but it works, esepcially while I'm missing the requried prime parts to level up anything apart from cephalon and red veil (currently working on getting this full now).... 

There is another combo using loka but can't remember what it is.

Edited by LSG501

Just now, Mcl_BlueMadness said:

You used to have to, not anymore.

I know this is the case for the ranks with positive standing but does it really work with negative standing too?

on the wiki it sound like I have to pay everytime I want to escape from the negative ranks.

that's why I am asking

2 minutes ago, Helch0rn said:

I know this is the case for the ranks with positive standing but does it really work with negative standing too?

on the wiki it sound like I have to pay everytime I want to escape from the negative ranks.

that's why I am asking

Yes, you will have to pay for the negatives. Hopefully you know to either do the 3 syndicates on the left or the 3 on the right at the same time.

Capture3.jpg

you can do Loka and Red at the same time and have 3 Sydicates like you and 3 hate you. or you have have 4 like you (SM added) with a lot more micro managing

as far as i know, once you have payed a tribute, you just need to regain the standing and accept the level up

Edited by (PS4)Elctrcstel

4 minutes ago, (PS4)TempleofDog said:

Yes, you will have to pay for the negatives. Hopefully you know to either do the 3 syndicates on the left or the 3 on the right at the same time.

You can actually do some from both sides its just not as efficient as just one side or even one pair.

8 minutes ago, Helch0rn said:

that's why I am asking

Well, factually, I don't know, because I never tested it; but when this change was implemented, they never made that distinction, so I assume it works the same for both positive and negative standing.

I maintain 4 Syndicates and it's quite viable (Red Veil, Steel Meridian, New Loka and Perrin Sequence) : gain Standing with :redveil:  and :meridian: playing for :redveil: , then gain for :loka: and :perrin: playing for :loka: ; if you're running really low with :meridian: (opposed to :loka: ), play for :redveil: to get some Standing back. When you have these 4 at max rank, you can easily get whatever you want from them with no problem following this strategy.

EDIT : Just trade their stuff to get the stuff from the 2 others ( :suda::hexis: ) :wink: !

Edited by Arkhenbarn

I recently switched to New Loka. It took a week to get back from Neg. (Just Daily Rep, No sydicate Mission Farming).

At some point if you want all of the syndanas your going to have to switch and go through this......but if you don't need syndanas, and or the specific Specters from each syndicate - I wouldn't recommend switching.

38 minutes ago, (PS4)maso_sage-mode said:

kinda similar question : I have cephalon suda, arbiters and steel meridian...I want to switch to the opposite factions ( red veil, new loka, perrin sequence)...will it take ages ? Am i going to loose all progress with the previous factions ? 

depending on you MR, you can get the standing back pretty quickly. I am MR21, so i get 22,000 standing per day, (not counting missions and medallions), making it pretty easy to get standing rewards or out of the red.