The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #80 Overview

AM-Bunny

devstream80banner.png

War Within
• War Within will add a lot of voice lines to Operators - around 200 additional lines per voice
• In addition to new music for the cinematics, there will be new music for the War Within tileset
• The scope of the story in War Within should surpass Second Dream - the script read took abour 2.5 hours
• The leaked scipt for War Within was only the first draft - the final version is completely different from it
• Release date for War Within is unknown - Steve is doubtful that it will be released in September afterall, but it will be *around* that timeframe

Vacuum Update
• The devs are investigating removing Carrier's Vacuum
• Carrier will instead increase a player's max ammo and give ammo mutation
• Vacuum would be split into 3 different kinds of Vacuums that will be equippable on all Seninels

Syndicate Expansion
• VIP Assassination system is being added
• You'll be able to visit Syndicates and ask for a VIP target
• These VIP targets will be specific targets for you as a player, not global targets like Acolytes
• The difficulty and rewards will scale according to the player level
• If you are defeated by the target, the target will grow stronger, like Shadows of Mordor's Nemesis system
• If you are unable to defeat the VIP target within a timeframe, you will lose standing with the Syndicate
• There will be a separate Syndicate system that will be the reverse of this assassination system that will involve rescuing and protecting VIP targets
• These systems won't be implemented until after War Within
• Perrin Sequence may be next to get some story/character development

New Speargun Primary Weapon
• Work is progressing on the new Speargun primary, it's functioning in-game now
• There are a huge number of animations that need to be completed, work is progressing slowly but surely
• There are at least 3 Speargun weapons that are being designed - one Tenno, and one Grineer
• Click HERE to see several of the new Speargun animations

Fusion System Update, Part 2
• Maroo will give you a special weekly mission that will allow you to obtain a Treasure
• The Treasures will be able to be found randomly in missions as well
• Treasures can be converted to a large amount of Endo, or placed on the ship as a decoration
• Treasures parts can be combined into complete Treasures to greatly increase their value
• Treasures can be traded with other players
• Click HERE to see Rebecca attempt Maroo's special mission

d77208a3691645d43ca10433532c3863.pnge5009e004a52e611369e26b90e15619e.png

Other Stuff
• There are no active plans to implement an unarmed moveset
• Geoff is interested in expanding movement and parkour, but there probably won't be time to get to that this year
• The devs are going to implement separate colouring for armour and syandanas, just a matter of making the time to implement it properly
• The devs have tried to re-work Ash's Bladestorm several times , but have never been able to settle on anything they are happy with; it's an ongoing process
• The devs are keenly aware of a lot of the key issues with Warframe, including damage and armor scaling, and endless mission rewards
• Warframe will be available on XBox One S and PS Pro; they want to implement true HDR graphics
• An interesting pie chart was shown that displayed how players spent their time over a single weekend (shown below)

0576bfb66dddcbcb809540ecf9e51fc4.png

God i hope they dont mess it up and nerf vacuum so it will be useless, and why split it to 3 different mods god why make it so difficult they should just leave vacuum as it is just make it a mod for all sentinels and kubrows and cats thats it why make it difficult!?

I can already see rage threads incoming about it >.>

Edited by Haldos
Removed profanity.

3 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

New Speargun Primary Weapon
• Work is progressing on the new Speargun primary, it's functioning in-game now
• There are a huge number of animations that need to be completed, work is progressing slowly but surely
• There are at least 3 Speargun weapons that are being designed - one Tenno, and one Grineer
• Click HERE to see several of the new Speargun animations

The only known WIP content I want (among others...). Thank you, Bunny.

1 minute ago, tocorro said:

Making Vacum a global skill : +

Dividing it into 3 different vacum types : me don't like

Yeah, I'm assuming it will be something like:

• Ammo Vacuum
  • Health/Energy Orb Vacuum
  • Mod/Endo Vacuum

So it's kind of like a nerf... but I think Vacuum is what most people view as the main functionality of Sentinels, so it's worth the slots, I think.

2 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Yeah, I'm assuming it will be something like:

• Ammo Vacuum
  • Health/Energy Orb Vacuum
  • Mod/Endo Vacuum

So it's kind of like a nerf... but I think Vacuum is what most people view as the main functionality of Sentinels, so it's worth the slots, I think.

As long as you can combine the three mods to customize Vacuum to your liking, im ok with that.

Edited by Zafarrancho

2 minutes ago, Zafarrancho said:

As far as you can combine the three mods to customize Vacuum to your liking, im ok with that.

HAH as if they gonna let you equip all 3 mods at one sentinel they never gonna do that

Edited by Sputnik