Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it Worth the Switch?

(PSN)RenovaKunumaru

I'm a console Tenno and primarily find myself playing Warframe most of the time I game. I'm a mr22 with every frame, all the cosmetics I want, plenty of platinum, arcanes, ect. however I feel like a 2nd class citizen in Warframe. The updates on console feel so delayed in which I'm bored out of my mind looking for things to do on the game.

I've come to the realization that in playing Warframe and its continuous development, I'll need to get the next iteration of Sony console should I want to continue my experience or perhaps even remain on ps4 even as new hardware develops? I'm aware that ps4 pro will have support, and so my experience with the game will now be tied to the console slow development cycle forever. Even if Sony becomes a game subscription service on pc, its likely that Sony on PPC will have parity to their console equivalent to ensure they still make money off of platinum sales. (I'm aware thats speculation but it seems possible).

Ok so what I'm asking is, is it worth it to abandon the console for a pc account?

Starting over from scratch, losing everything including my log-in rewards (P Fury) and Arcanes?

Just looking for opinions. Thank you.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

Ok so what I'm asking is, is it worth it to abandon the console for a pc account?

Starting over from scratch, losing everything including my log-in rewards (P Fury) and Arcanes?

On a plus side you will be able to experience (test) updates it takes a while for concoles to get, but in general if it doesn't work out you can just go back to your console account.

And who knows you might get back some nostalgic feelings and be able to provide valuable insight of the current new player experience.

Edited by Madway7

If you have a solid PC where you know running the game isn't going to be a problem I'd say make the switch if the slow updates really bother you since that's something that's probably never going to get better but there's also nothing wrong with making a PC account to play in between PS4 Updates, in the end it's up to you but since it seems like you have an understanding of the game I don't think you'd have much trouble getting into it from scratch and making plat off trading shouldn't be an issue if you know your way around relics so you probably won't stay empty feeling for long.

I would recommend you keep the console as your, "base," so to speak, and then slowly build up your PC account until you are at a comparable level of progression. Wouldn't want you missing out on anything on that pristine console account just to try to replay the same content (with a bit of new stuff) on a different platform.

I don't know how good is the player base or market on consoles.

If you like grinding in general starting from scratch might be interesting, you are starting again knowing the game etc. So you can avoid crucial mistakes.

It won't be the same because ''I've done it once before so boring to do it again".

Best suggestion would be to try on the side and see how you feel about it.

If you care about graphics etc and you have a good pc... then I don't see why not run it on one in the first place.

Frankly there's alot of advantages and even more disadvantages.

If slow updates is making you considering switching, do the math, having to obtain everything you have already done in your console might feels just like waiting for the next update, if not worse.

Your concern about next gen console is valid, specially if you already have a large display to take advantage from it.
But then again, those improvements might not take place for quite awhile, it is DE after all.

Try PC and get a feeling for its control (kb+mouse vs controller) and its community.
Like others said, you can continue both accounts until your PC progression is close to your console and by then all you have to do is flip a coin knowing both accounts are worth either head or tails.

I went from PS4 (MR16) to PC about 2 months ago. I barely play my PS4 account anymore. In some ways it has been a lot of fun starting again since I was getting quite bored at the time but there are some things I've missed badly, especially some mods and to get some of my favorite MR locked weapons again.

For me, getting the latest updates as they come out feels a lot more satisfying to me than playing the waiting game on PS4. I even enjoy Baro being a surprise. 

You can always start a new account and see if you can bother. 

qtubTJc.gif

This is what it feels like to play on a PC.

Also you give up all the money you've spent on the account. I don't know if it's worth it economically but Warframe on PC is far from smooth sailing, you do not play through the bugs. More often than not a new update means Warframe is unplayable for a couple of days on PC.

2 hours ago, Mastikator2 said:

qtubTJc.gif

Also you give up all the money you've spent on the account. I don't know if it's worth it economically but Warframe on PC is far from smooth sailing, you do not play through the bugs. More often than not a new update means Warframe is unplayable for a couple of days on PC.

I've never had a crash to desaktop in warframe personally. I've had menu's and stuff bug out missions hang in loading but never a hard crash. So yeah your little pic doesn't really apply if you have a nice rig that can be even 3-4 years old.

Edited by Andaius

Though I agree that updates come slower compare to PC which gets the latest of updates, I would still recommend you keep at PS4 as base. The good side of PS4 is that you will experience a much more refined update compare to PC which bugs has been discovered earlier, and that you will be able to purchase tennogen with platinum. Not saying I don't encourage you to switch to PC, but PS4 or console in general is slightly refined in terms of release of update. But if you do wish to get updates sooner, you can switch if you want but i don't strongly recommend it (not because i'm a PC user, just from a neutral point). 

2 hours ago, Andaius said:

I've never had a crash to desaktop in warframe personally. I've had menu's and stuff bug out missions hang in loading but never a hard crash. So yeah your little pic doesn't really apply if you have a nice rig that can be even 3-4 years old.

My rig is 2 years old and Warframe has crashed several dozen times over the years. It did on my previous rig too.

Warframe is by far the most crashy game I have.

It doesn't apply to you, which is nice for you, but I don't think I'm an outlier.

When I played ME3 on Console I was in a similar situation. I'd highly recommend sticking with the console account. The pain of unlocking everything again just isn't worth it. You'll also miss the community of close friends you've developed on console and likely find PC's community a little disappointing.

In the future definitely run PC when you can unless it's some Co-op game.

Edited by Sapphic-Sandra

1 hour ago, Mastikator2 said:

My rig is 2 years old and Warframe has crashed several dozen times over the years. It did on my previous rig too.

It doesn't apply to you, which is nice for you, but I don't think I'm an outlier.

Lol dozen times in a year? Guess you have never played a bethsoft game where you get that in a day!

Just now, Andaius said:

Lol dozen times in a year? Guess you have never played a bethsoft game where you get that in a day!

Fallout 4 and Skyrim both crash less than Warframe. For Skyrim that is both on my rigs. Hell even Kerbal Space Program crashes less on my rig than Warframe and that's a notoriously crashy game.

8 hours ago, Mastikator2 said:

qtubTJc.gif

I lolled at the picture, but you can run warframe fine if you aren't on a potato pc. Still, PC is masterrace OP. Especially because even if a little buggy we get updates faster. And it means more content.

My dear peasants of the cosole world. Try to think when you will actually get TWW if it's tanking this long to release on pc? Yeah.

Where's your god now?

/sarcasm /jokes.

3 hours ago, Mastikator2 said:

My non gaming laptop is 2 years old and warframe is only online game who doesn't crash on me and gives me solid 60fps experience.

It's not about rig, it's about how you set up your drivers, pc, optimise your game, options etc. 

1 hour ago, spyroxion said:

My non gaming laptop is 2 years old and warframe is only online game who doesn't crash on me and gives me solid 60fps experience.

It's not about rig, it's about how you set up your drivers, pc, optimise your game, options etc. 

Then why don't my other games crash? Why is it only Warframe and only when the big updates hit?

37 minutes ago, Mastikator2 said:

Then why don't my other games crash? Why is it only Warframe and only when the big updates hit?

I can't answer this question since it's your pc and not mine. With 0 information about it, without running some tests there is no way of me answering it.