Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova's 4th Augment

-CCC-Secret

9 minutes ago, secret9005 said:

So here's my idea for an augment.

Name could be: Molecular Blast.

Effects would be: Initial blast range would knock enemies back.

Just thought it would be a cool mod for her.

My only issue with this, is that you would be wasting a mod slot to add a small knockdown proc on initial casting. Not worth the slot if you ask me. Add more too it so it can be worth it:

Knockdown on initial casting, enemy armor reduced by 40% 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

My only issue with this, is that you would be wasting a mod slot to add a small knockdown proc on initial casting. Not worth the slot if you ask me. Add more too it so it can be worth it:

Knockdown on initial casting, enemy armor reduced by 40% 

How about making it deal blast damage instead?

I mean no offence, but are you aware the initial blast range is 5m and is not affected by range mods? I can't see anyone wasting a mod slot for something that is basically the same as her passive, only on demand and with a smaller radius (passive emits a knockdown over 6 metres whenever Nova is knocked down).

Maybe the knockdown could apply to every enemy as the wave spreads?

Edited by Egg_Chen

I actually thought of knockback not knockdown.

Well from what you guys said.

What it should do instead. KnockBACK enemies in the initial blast range within 10 meters and knockDOWN enemies that are affected by it.

Would it be better that way?

Edited by secret9005

21 minutes ago, TennoPain said:

nah 4 does not need augment it would just make nova way too op.

Honest question: did you read what OP's idea of the augment was? How's that overpowered?

I mean, I'm not all for it since as it was said before Nova does great CC with her 4 and the knockdown effect wouldn't really justify the mod slot, but I have yet to understand how it makes Nova's 4 "too OP".

Edited by Schtredeye

1 hour ago, secret9005 said:

Name could be: Molecular Blast.

Effects would be: Initial blast range would knock enemies back.

How about

Effects would be: Anyone affected by Molecular Blast will take Blast Damage.

Now, if you equip this with a Slow Nova, then you have mad CC. If you equip this with a Speed Nova... well, good luck.

Few ideas:

Augment - Chain Reaction: First explosion from primed enemy killed deal double damage, if enemies die from that explosion, their explosions also deal double damage and so on.

Augment - Primed armor: Also prime allies, when teammate lose shields or or knocked down it release powerful explosion (like Nova passive skill).

How about:

Molecular Cage: Molecular Prime now follows Nova in a limited range and will prime enemies when entering her radius. 

Reverse Catastrophe: Molecular Prime now starts at the maximum range, slowly moving towards Nova before collapsing and knocking back nearby enemies.

Molecular 

3 hours ago, Xekrin said:

There is already an augment for Nova's 4th (and pretty much all abilities that do not currently have an augment) in the works.  In case it escaped everyone's notice they have been slowly rolling these out already.

It's terrible to be honest, but since we are already having fun molecular mind where it creates a dome at half the range that the molecular prime would get that stays static for the duration of the prime so like if you have 70 seconds it would stay up for 70 seconds.