Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Reactor..?

(PSN)brksboom

Question

So is it just me, or are Orokin Reactors really hard to come by or something (like, next to impossible)? I'm in the process of clearing my star chart and am currently in Uranus and for the life of me, I've had to buy 2 Orokin reactors because they just never seem to come up in Alerts. I've got 7 frames and really wanna keep them all and potato them all but the barrier to entry is so high on Sorties that I feel really stuck. Not just in getting the Reactors but also in general, my Soma is starting to putter out now that I'm pushing into the 30's...sooo how do I break the plateau. Can't build prime stuff because I can't unlock the Axi fissures (soma prime is kind of my dream but I think they vaulted two of the relics needed to build it), and even though I'm MR 8, I feel like I can't really reap any benefits from it. Don't get me wrong, it's great to cut through the level 20's like nothing, but once I'm in the 30's, the drop off makes it go from fun to hades. Any suggestions? Do I just need to forma the crap out of my Soma (it has one on it now) or get a Tonkor build going or what? Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by (PS4)brksboom

9 answers to this question

Orokin catalysts and reactors are special items that are usually bought from the market with plat.  They do show up in alerts, but it will generally be one or the other every other week on Fridays.  This is because after the devstreams, they will have a 24 hour alert for these.  I would suggest getting some prime trash and selling them for 2 plat each during baro weekends.  People will buy void trash to get ducats.  Or you can try and peddle your wares over the trade chat.

The trick to soma is critical builds, if you don't have the mods to pull it off, maybe look at other weapons.

Good luck!

1 minute ago, TheFalseEclipse said:

Ahahahah,,,,gsyNiH0.jpg in all seriousness, just forma your frame, do akkad 5-10wave or the new draco for 1 run (yep boring run or other mission if you want), wait for some weeks, you would get yours soon, till you dont need them anymore, ever.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG......

So to some degree, there is a leap when it comes to Forma'ing the frame and all. I've got a Rhino, Volt, and Obe that are reactor'd...and I love all three. Any particular suggestion on which to forma first (I've heard a lot of gripes about Obe, which I get, but am not sure if that changes with a little forma-love)

Soma Prime came out with Nova Prime, so the relics are still available.  Here's the Soma Prime wikia page so you can see what relics you need and go from there.  None of them are Axi relics so you should be able to get it with some time.

Also, if you're really struggling, you may want to invest some time into getting your hands on some corrupted mods.  That's where your damage will really come from in the higher tiers.  

7 minutes ago, TheFalseEclipse said:

In all seriousness, just forma your frame, do akkad 5-10wave or the new draco for 1 run (yep boring run or other mission if you want), wait for some weeks, you would get yours soon, till you dont need them anymore, ever.

Good advice right here.  Forma your gear.  It'll help immensely.  Especially if you're struggling with reactors and catalysts.  It takes longer, but it's necessary with or without a reactor/catalyst for maximum effect.  

Just now, (PS4)brksboom said:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG......

So to some degree, there is a leap when it comes to Forma'ing the frame and all. I've got a Rhino, Volt, and Obe that are reactor'd...and I love all three. Any particular suggestion on which to forma first (I've heard a lot of gripes about Obe, which I get, but am not sure if that changes with a little forma-love)

any frame, though usually i go for 2 madurai for most frame since you are focusing on sortie, more str usually help me a lot

OP, you don't need a lot of reactors or catalysts in your position - early to mid game player from the sound of it.  One or two frames and a few weapons is fine as long as you make good choices on which ones.  Then maximize their power with formas and most importantly maxed out mods.  The last is the most important thing (repeated for emphasis).

Maxed mods require a lot of points to install which is why you need the formas and potatos.  So if you don't have maxed mods it doesn't matter.  Is your serration max?  Hornet strike?  Vitality and redirection?  Do you have nightmare and corrupted mods yet?  Split chamber?  The mods are what make you powerful. 

Over time you will get more reactors and catalysts and eventually reach the point where you have more than you need or want (see the screen shot from the other poster).

Also, I put six formas on my regular Soma and used it to kill A LOT of bad guys, but that was before the prime existed.  If you think getting Soma prime is out of your reach then there are worse things to do than build up your soma.  With that said, building up a different weapon might make more sense.  The tonkor that you mentioned is very powerful and so is some thing like the Hek shotgun if you can get the augment mod.  In the end it really doesn't matter if you are having fun.

Do note that soma prime should be the next thing to go into the vault with Nova and Vasto so your window to get it is getting shorter and shorter (about 2 months left give or take).