Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

BEST FRAMES

HEISAMADEMAN

Question

Hello. I am a Mastery Rank 7 player who really only plays Ash Prime (And Loki on spy missions). While Ash is not getting boring I want to expand my arsenal. I was wondering what are some other good frames for DPS, Tanking, Utility, and Supporting. I do not care about where i have to farm them but want to know what is good and what is not.

2 minutes ago, CallMeDaKing said:

I farm her from Mutalist Alad V where do i get keys from?

iirc, you need to complete the patient zero quest, then when you finish it, you'll get the BP for the key, then you have to farm for mutalist nav coordinates in the derelict on infested invasions, then you craft a key and kill the boss. most people use key shares, where a team of 4, all use their key one after the other. but since she's the most RNG based frame ingame imo, you could just buy her if you really really can't wait 

39 minutes ago, CallMeDaKing said:

Hello. I am a Mastery Rank 7 player who really only plays Ash Prime (And Loki on spy missions). While Ash is not getting boring I want to expand my arsenal. I was wondering what are some other good frames for DPS, Tanking, Utility, and Supporting. I do not care about where i have to farm them but want to know what is good and what is not.

Chroma he can tank, aoe turret, buffs allies with his elemental ward

1 minute ago, CallMeDaKing said:

I have heard she is beast I am trying to get her. I want too see if i can trade my extra nova prime set (who is crafting) for nyx prime.

Forget Nyx Prime. You only get a negligible armor bonus. Normal Nyx is identical power wise, and I personally prefer the default helmet and skin. 

All you need is Max efficiency and range and neutral duration. Mind control enemy buffers, spam Psychic bolts when you have the energy to disarm enemies, and use absorb to distract enemies from mission objective, save yourself from a proc, or have an ally shoot it to spread that damage across an entire room.

2 minutes ago, Clem2-TheClemening said:

Forget Nyx Prime. You only get a negligible armor bonus. Normal Nyx is identical power wise, and I personally prefer the default helmet and skin. 

All you need is Max efficiency and range and neutral duration. Mind control enemy buffers, spam Psychic bolts when you have the energy to disarm enemies, and use absorb to distract enemies from mission objective, save yourself from a proc, or have an ally shoot it to spread that damage across an entire room.

Ok cool how do i farm her and how many forma do she use coming from ash 0 forma builds are common just seeing how much off them i will need not a major issue.

3 minutes ago, CallMeDaKing said:

I farm her from Mutalist Alad V where do i get keys from?

The key Blueprint can be gotten from the Market, but the Mutalist Coordinates can be gotten from invasions and are rewards from Certain missions in the Orokin Derelict. 

As for suggestions, I'd recommend you try everything. Seriously, build all the things and use them. 

My personal preferences per group (some may not suit you or others, but I find they work well for the way I play):

-Tanking: Chroma, Inaros, Trinity (Link+Blessing is great DR), Valkyr

-DPS: Saryn, Mesa, Excalibur, Valkyr, Banshee, Chroma

-CC: Nova, Nezha, Nyx (with Chaos), Inaros, Frost

-Utility: Nezha, Nekros, Nyx, Saryn, Trinity

-Support: Trinity, Nezha, Nyx, Oberon

6 minutes ago, CallMeDaKing said:

Ok cool how do i farm her and how many forma do she use coming from ash 0 forma builds are common just seeing how much off them i will need not a major issue.

When infestation invasions happen, infested boss nodes become Phorid Assassinations. Farm parts from it like any other boss. It's easy to kill and doesn't have weak points or stages or anything, just shoot it 'til it's dead.

You can get by with 1 forma.

1 minute ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

The key Blueprint can be gotten from the Market, but the Mutalist Coordinates can be gotten from invasions and are rewards from Certain missions in the Orokin Derelict. 

As for suggestions, I'd recommend you try everything. Seriously, build all the things and use them. 

My personal preferences per group (some may not suit you or others, but I find they work well for the way I play):

-Tanking: Chroma, Inaros, Trinity (Link+Blessing is great DR), Valkyr

-DPS: Saryn, Mesa, Excalibur, Valkyr, Banshee, Chroma

-CC: Nova, Nezha, Nyx (with Chaos), Inaros, Frost

-Utility: Nezha, Nekros, Nyx, Saryn, Trinity

-Support: Trinity, Nezha, Nyx, Oberon

Hey this might be a dumb question but what is the difference between CC and Utility? And do the frames also work well solo? I play both solo and in teams and like to know who is good where.

1 minute ago, Clem2-TheClemening said:

When infestation invasions happen, infested boss nodes become Phorid Assassinations. Farm parts from it like any other boss. It's easy to kill and doesn't have weak points or stages or anything, just shoot it 'til it's dead.

You can get by with 1 forma.

Ok thanks i will get her. But is the difference between Nyx and Nyx Prime hard to notice.

7 minutes ago, CallMeDaKing said:

the difference between CC and Utility

CC is simply slowing/controlling enemies, but utility includes things like energy, resource drops, damage resistance, enemy debuffs, and such things.

9 minutes ago, CallMeDaKing said:

And do the frames also work well solo? I play both solo and in teams and like to know who is good where.

Many frames work very well solo. I play exclusively solo myself, so I only suggested stuff that works well without others (in my experience). All frames work well in a team setting, so no need to really worry about that. 

Just now, TrickshotMcGee said:

CC is simply slowing/controlling enemies, but utility includes things like energy, resource drops, damage resistance, enemy debuffs, and such things.

Many frames work very well solo. I play exclusively solo myself, so I only suggested stuff that works well without others (in my experience). All frames work well in a team setting, so no need to really worry about that. 

Ok thank you i have heard nyx alot so will be getting her soon seeing if i can trade  my spare nova p set for nyx p.

Since you are used to play ash prime atlas could be your next thing, because he's one of the best damage dealers in the game, he has bulkworks to use for covering himself when reving, protect terminals etc. ,  and he can petrify enemies within you 3rd abilities range ofcourse to cc them. His rumblers draw quite the attention too and deal massive as well. The only negative thing he has (in my opinion) is his sprint speed [0.90] which is the lowest in game.
But in the end you should try out all warframes and decide for youself how to use and if they fit your combat style.

DISCLAIMER: You'll need strong weapons and formas with catalysts and reactors to get this all going.

Mesa, press 3, press 4, hold left click. Repeat. That's all you need to do and she'll take you through 95% of the game's content really easily.

Loki, stealth, do spy missions, scan for your stuff, find your syndicate stuff and do your syndicate missions, raise people up, etc. Loki should cover the rest of your needs.

All other frames have rather niche roles in my opinion that allows them to really shine at times but whatever. Just go Mesa or Loki and tell your allies to cover the other roles. :D