Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where should I put my lens?

(PSN)jason_lee281

Question

Ok, so I have one Naramon lens, and nothing more. so where should I put it? My Warfarme or my weapons? Which gains more focus? 

P.S. If I should put it on my Warfarme, I assume I should put it on my most used Frames. Which are Excalibur and Ash Prime, so which should I put it on? Does one of them gain more focus?

Edited by (PS4)jason_lee281

14 answers to this question

Focus is gained in the same fashion as one would receive affinity. Thus anything that would give affinity to the frame or weapon will give focus there instead. There's also the reason that frames get 50% of the affinity regardless (in this case focus if they're maxed and have a lens installed). Hence why the people above me recommended to put it on a frame.

Edited by CephalonUnknown

Put it on a warframe whose powers you use to kill things. If you get a kill with a power, 100% of that affinity goes to the warframe. Killing with a weapon splits the affinity 50/50 between the weapon and warframe. (Also, syndicate procs count as a warframe power, so it's a good idea to use a syndicate weapon/augment if you only have the one lens on your warframe.)

1 hour ago, Nocam said:

Frame. I but mine on my melee weapon like a dumbass. Regretting it to this day.

same, luckily I put it on my dual ichor which gets used a fair bit I wish I'd put it on a frame (frost or equinox in all likelihood - I'm using zenurik though) in the grand scheme of things

Weapons aren't necessarily a bad idea. I have a lens on melee which I take only a melee equipped on the Ceres ds survival when I need orokin cells. You get 75% of affinity from teammate kills distributed evenly among your weapons (75% all to the only one equipped in this case) vs 25% to your frame. Also this node has bonus for melee kills. And with naramon passive you get extra bonus to melee kills.  I need to keep better track of how much I get per run but since I do pugs 99% of the time there's no consistency.  More spawns and kills if you get a 4 squad vs just a partner and obviously more if you stay 20 or 40 minutes than just 10-15.

So long as you put it on something with a high kill percentage than it's good to go. Warframes like Mesa, Valkyr, Ember, or Ash (I'm certain I'm missing some high dps frames) will get you great focus gains so long as you use there abilities to get kills after you grab the focus orb. On the flip side, however, a friend just gifted me a Greater Zenurik lens 2 days ago and I immediately stuck it in my Synoid Simulor, which I use in almost every objective defense style mission and I haven't looked back yet.

6 hours ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

More often than not, it is best to put it on your Warframe, since that will be the constant.

IF you want to play the same warframe constantly for any and every mission type.  When you switch warframes as often as I do that falls completely apart and I find it better to lens a weapon first.  In short, it doesn't matter which - frame or weapon - as long as you are committed to using which ever a lot.

3 hours ago, MrM1 said:

Warframes gain like 75% of the kills you do, even with a weapon (so killing an enemy with a weapon gives the weapon just 25% of the XP).

Wrong.  Weapons kills are split 50% - 50% with a warframe.  You can get 25% frame and 75% weapon affinity by only equipping one weapon and letting your squad mates do all the work (not recommending it).

If you don't have any warframes like saryn and banshee [etc.], that usually clear the whole map in missions like Berehynia, then put them on the weapon you use the most to kill enemies. Although when you decide to expand your knowledge among schools, that's when you should worry about where to putt your lens and what warframe-weapon combination you should use more. You can use a full loadout of naramon ofcourse and you can always replace installed lenses, but first you should try and get more lenses to trade for naramon since this is going to be your 1st school to participate.