Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How exactly do you fail excavation?

AdunSaveMe

Question

In all this time I've never gotten a single, clear answer. I've gotten a bunch of vague ones that people argue about.

How do you lose? I've never failed it, and I've had a hell of a lot of excavators destroyed in some missions. It doesn't seem to be a ratio, or a timer, or a cryotic count that keeps you in the game. The only definite failure parameter I know of is 'everyone dies', but that applies to every mission.

How does it happen? This is bugging me quite a lot.

16 answers to this question

As you and Bunny said - run out of revives.
Also, you can't extract until you complete an excavator.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Loki1211 said:

Just like exterminate,

AFK, even in a solo game - and reportedly even if you're in the menu/paused, for 15 minutes iirc, and you autofail.

Was an unpleasant surprise.

Edited by Chroia

19 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

In all this time I've never gotten a single, clear answer. I've gotten a bunch of vague ones that people argue about.

How do you lose? I've never failed it, and I've had a hell of a lot of excavators destroyed in some missions. It doesn't seem to be a ratio, or a timer, or a cryotic count that keeps you in the game. The only definite failure parameter I know of is 'everyone dies', but that applies to every mission.

How does it happen? This is bugging me quite a lot.

its an endless mission...the more you dig the more the enemy become stronger :) to be honest the scaling nowadays is horrible...excavation rewards nerfed to the ground aswell.

1 minute ago, (PS4)maso_sage-mode said:

its an endless mission...the more you dig the more the enemy become stronger :) to be honest the scaling nowadays is horrible...excavation rewards nerfed to the ground aswell.

So all the people saying it had something to do with losing extractors were actually lying?

This is OUTRAGEOUS

1 minute ago, Autongnosis said:

There is no way that i know of to fail an excavation other than running out of revives.

Even if you cannot finish even one single excavator, the game will go on.

Just spawn an extractor, let it run out of power, move on. Five times, you can extract.

The fail is in not keeping extractors up and running to obtain rewards. If you're losing them right and left, you're not getting rewards (main relics), so what's the point in being there?

That's where the real fail is. The mission won't fail, but if it wasn't worth doing, then you've failed to progress.

4 hours ago, Chroia said:

AFK, even in a solo game - and reportedly even if you're in the menu/paused, for 15 minutes iirc, and you autofail.

Was an unpleasant surprise.

I'm certain that's a bug. I have frequently left my solo games open and paused for 1-6 hours and I've never been kicked from them. I'm also not even sure if it happens if you afk in a public game, unless they've added that in the last year or so. I have on one occasion accidentally gone afk (as in, I intended to leave for 30 seconds and actually was gone 30 minutes) in a public game and I came back still in the squad but in a different game (sorry whoever that was).

16 minutes ago, AnAngryHorde said:

I have frequently left my solo games open and paused for 1-6 hours and I've never been kicked from them.

This is specific to Exterms-in-progress as of 18.5, edit: March 4th. (And possibly one other mission type, but I can't find the bug report.)

Edited by Chroia