Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Back after a very long break

Bactyrael

Question

12 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

I started an alternate account and have been focusing on clearing the new star chart and advancing my MR quickly.  (spending a fair amount of credits buying and making new weapons - cleared out the credit only weapons first.)

Is it safe to make an alt?

Just now, Deshiel said:

Is it safe to make an alt?

My understanding is that it's a case by case basis but generally accepted as long as you are not using the alt to skirt a ban, fluff event stats or use it for trades with your main account.

Basically, you have to operate it as a totally separate account and can not interact with your main.

Just now, Noamuth said:

My understanding is that it's a case by case basis but generally accepted as long as you are not using the alt to skirt a ban, fluff event stats or use it for trades with your main account.

Basically, you have to operate it as a totally separate account and can not interact with your main.

Good cuz i was tempted to start from scratch, with all these changes.

1 minute ago, Deshiel said:

Main reason I did it.  Going through as Noamuth is, eh.  Boring.  But on my alt, it's fun.  I don't have 2+ years worth of mods, Arcanes and weapons to choose from nor can I cycle through every available Warframe and cheese the mission - I have to really think about what I'm doing.

41 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

Main reason I did it.  Going through as Noamuth is, eh.  Boring.  But on my alt, it's fun.  I don't have 2+ years worth of mods, Arcanes and weapons to choose from nor can I cycle through every available Warframe and cheese the mission - I have to really think about what I'm doing.

it's sad though since you can never get back the newbie feeling, even if you did another account.....I wish there was time machines or stuff that makes us forget something in our memories : / 

Just now, Kenshin98 said:

it's sad though since you can never get back the newbie feeling, even if you did another account.....I wish there was time machines or stuff that makes us forget something in our memories : / 

Yep.  Even at MR2 I was out performing Mr8+ players simply because I had used my limited mods to tailor to factions, as well as other tactics.

45 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

Yes, it's totally acceptable. Even the Devs have alternate accounts.

Most people as I understand do it to have that fresh start experience or to test what it's like to be a noob.

I even had a thread where I publicly shared experiences from my alternate account in order to help with balancing issues

Spoiler

One thread drastically helped the community nerf the crazy cat ladies here 

and another thread I posted about how the community reacts towards noobs despite having high skill, located here

Personally I enjoyed having an alternate account since it restricts you to the bare basics of a noob, so you can't exactly destroy everything in your path so easily