Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Unthawed Lands (Concluded, IC)

bowiespoon

1 hour ago, souldrive11 said:

"Wait, didn't the bar get blown up earlier, we're not going to be sitting on rubble are we~?" as Aria trailed behind the girl, putting her right hand on her sheathed Galatine P's handle.

"...is it safe to assume you're with Vlad or Sergei...?" as Mia stalked behind in Aria's shadow, Orthos P still in her hand.

(heading out for a while, so will be on phone and such)

(also arg, forgot to quote again x.x)

The bar seemed intact, however, the room they had all the maps in had been destroyed.

"I guess you could say I'm with Vlad." The girl mentally responded, the corners of her mouth tugging up. Then she stopped in her tracks, eyes widening under the blindfold as she realized that the second person had spoken in her mind, not verbally.

She shook her head, opening the door of the bar, letting out a contented sigh as the warmth enveloped her. The action was deliberate, of course - the linked were trained to repress auditory reactions. However, she had learned early on that the others grew uncomfortable when she was silent, and had adjusted her behavior accordingly.

Edited by bowiespoon

1 hour ago, bowiespoon said:

"Usually we are, but J'Taav - the grineer mercenary Aandev hired to deal with the cartel - doesn't tell us anything, I swear! All we knew was that that bar was used as a waystop for the drug traffickers, and that Sergei was meeting with some clients! Our orders were to eliminate all opposition, and bring in any fume we found." he spoke rapidly, still staring at the knife.

"What's the military strength of the inner parts of the city?"

8 minutes ago, Daakjenaar said:

"Held up under pain. Alright, then."
He pulled the kunai out of the tech's shoulder
"Where does this city get it's supplies?"

The tech cried out again as the kunai was ripped out of him.

"The city used to be self-sustaining in terms of food, but recently we burned all the crops in order to increase civilian dependency. All food, weapons, ammo, and other supplies are delivered to the second ring by ship. They're the only things allowed past the blockade." he whimpered

Just now, bowiespoon said:

The tech cried out again as the kunai was ripped out of him.

"The city used to be self-sustaining in terms of food, but recently we burned all the crops in order to increase civilian dependency. All food, weapons, ammo, and other supplies are delivered to the second ring by ship. They're the only things allowed past the blockade." he whimpered

"You made yourselves more dependent on outside help on purpose? A well placed strike could bring this entire city down"
He was tossing the kunai in the air again.
"I hope you realize you're probably never gonna get released, right? You already know too much. Meh, may as well ask a few more questions"

2 hours ago, bowiespoon said:

((Welcome, happy you were interested in joining!))

The Constable sighed.

"Son, before you consider a course of action that isn't advised, do not that fighting a member of the Hierarchy never ends well for their victims. Worse yet, you walked directly into view of my sniper."

A red dot appeared on the limbo's head.

"Now, I'm going to give you the chance to turn around and walk away. You have my word that nobody will try to stop you."

Quite frankly, Crystos (the Limbo) knew two things. One was that this is The Constable, and capturing or assassinating him would exponentially weaken the Corpus. Two, the Tenno in the far off distance may be unaware of The Constable and the sniper lurking from afar, which may put them in danger.

Nareza: Crystos, The Constable is one of the most influential and powerful figures in the Corpus faction. Do not let him roam freely because this may be our only chance of capturing him.

The Shade activates and cloaks Crystos.

"The power of choice is deeply appreciated, sir, however I am afraid that I can't let you go." Crystos said, tearing the fabric of the Void and creating a massive bubble of the Rift to ward off the Sniper.

"This realm is my domain. Come peacefully, or else. I will not grant the courtesy of choice again." Crystos demanded, pulling out his Sonicor. He knew that he had to be cautious because he knows little of The Constable's fighting style. Uncloaked, he was behind The Constable, aiming directly at his back.

Edited by (PS4)ChrissySilly

1 hour ago, bowiespoon said:

The bar seemed intact, however, the room they had all the maps in had been destroyed.

"I guess you could say I'm with Vlad." The girl mentally responded, the corners of her mouth tugging up. Then she stopped in her tracks, eyes widening under the blindfold as she realized that the second person had spoken in her mind, not verbally.

She shook her head, opening the door of the bar, letting out a contented sigh as the warmth enveloped her. The action was deliberate, of course - the linked were trained to repress auditory reactions. However, she had learned early on that the others grew uncomfortable when she was silent, and had adjusted her behavior accordingly.

Mia and Celeste silently creeped to one of the walls of the bar, keeping a proverbial eye (and mind) for further signs of aggression.

"I suppose your quarry isn't going to be today's special~? He certainly looks fresh enough~ Hragharharh~!" Aria quips, her right hand never leaving her Galatine P.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)ChrissySilly said:

Quite frankly, Crystos (the Limbo) knew two things. One was that this is The Constable, and capturing or assassinating him would exponentially weaken the Corpus. Two, the Tenno in the far off distance may be unaware of The Constable and the sniper lurking from afar, which may put them in danger.

Nareza: Crystos, The Constable is one of the most influential and powerful figures in the Corpus faction. Do not let him roam freely because this may be our only chance of capturing him.

"The power of choice is deeply appreciated, sir, however I am afraid that I can't let you go." Crystos said, tearing the fabric of the Void and creating a massive bubble of the Rift to ward off the Sniper.

"Come peacefully, or else. I will not grant the courtesy of choice again." Crystos demanded, pulling out his Sonicor. He knew that he had to be cautious because he knows little of The Constable's fighting style.

The Constable raised an eyebrow. Without taking his eyes off the limbo, he tossed his gunbelt onto the ground, pistol still holstered on it.

"You got me. I surrender." he said casually, leaning against the brick wall beside them. Something in his tone implied that he wasn't so much surrendering as he was humoring the limbo.

8 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

The Constable raised an eyebrow. Without taking his eyes off the limbo, he tossed his gunbelt onto the ground, pistol still holstered on it.

"You got me. I surrender." he said casually, leaning against the brick wall beside them. Something in his tone implied that he wasn't so much surrendering as he was humoring the limbo.

With the Cataclysm still active, Crystos stares at The Constable. "Excellent, I quite dislike confrontation." He said. A part of him was screaming that it shouldn't be this easy, but he has to capture him.

Just in case, the Shade remained cloaked and kept a its laser pistol on 'stun'.

"Alright, now my Warframe will just simply absorb you..." He said, lifting his hand and preparing the capturing process.

He hoped someone spotted or felt the presence of a torn Void, but it seemed that no one noticed regardless.

Edited by (PS4)ChrissySilly

1 hour ago, Daakjenaar said:

"You made yourselves more dependent on outside help on purpose? A well placed strike could bring this entire city down"
"I hope you realize you're probably never gonna get released, right? You already know too much. Meh, may as well ask a few more questions"

Kat went back to the bar, limping slightly from a few bad hits she had taken, but still walking with posture and grace.

Jan was skipping behind her, with Sekhmet on her shoulders.

Mordred was walking beside Jen, with Forseti right next to him.

Edited by Wolfheart297

Just now, Wolfheart297 said:

Kat approached the captured Tech, twirling a Spira Prime between her fingers. "I trust you're being quite hospitable to our "guest"?" she said to Targas, not taking her eyes off of the Tech.

Jan was skipping behind her, with Sekhmet on her shoulders.

Mordred was walking beside Jen, with Forseti right next to him.

(Uh, Tarnas is on his ship)

1 minute ago, souldrive11 said:

Mia and Celeste silently creeped to one of the walls of the bar, keeping a proverbial eye (and mind) for further signs of aggression.

"I suppose your quarry isn't going to be today's special~? He certainly looks fresh enough~ Hragharharh~!" Aria quips, her right hand never leaving her Galatine P.

The girl gently laid the assassin down, looking at him pityingly. She sat down nearby, tossing an obsidian knife up into the air, catching it as it fell.

"I have some questions to ask him once he wakes." she explained.

Vlad was talking to a man with a corpus bar-code on his head, though he had tried to grow out his hair to cover it.

"Face the facts Vlad," the ex-corpus man said, "Ever since Aandev hired J'Taav, things have been getting worse. Unless we cut off his primary source of power, we cannot-"

"I will not hear any more talk about this," Vlad growled, "We, unlike the Corpus you so vehemently detest, have morales. End of discussion."

The ex-corpus man turned away, looking ashamed.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)ChrissySilly said:

With the Cataclysm still active, Crystos stares at The Constable. "Excellent, I quite dislike confrontation." He said. A part of him was screaming that it shouldn't be this easy, but he has to capture him.

Just in case, the Shade remained cloaked and kept a its laser pistol on 'stun'.

"Alright, now my Warframe will just simply absorb you..." He said, lifting his hand and preparing the capturing process.

He hoped someone spotted or felt the presence of a torn Void, but it seemed that no one noticed regardless.

"I doubt that's necessary," The Constable said, "You're friends are right over there."

He lazily pointed to the bar, where Vlad and the others were.

2 hours ago, bowiespoon said:

six forms lay on the ground, one of the writhing in pain on the floor. They looked..... vaguely familiar.

Upon closer inspection, these attackers had been young - barely 15 or 16. They had pale skin, dull grey eyes, and two rows of shark-like teeth. Other than those discrepancies, they looked exactly like humans.

"These attackers are just kids...is something up?"

1 minute ago, bowiespoon said:

"I doubt that's necessary," The Constable said, "You're friends are right over there."

He lazily pointed to the bar, where Vlad and the others were.

Crystos shut off his Cataclysm then selectively sent himself and (painlessly) sent The Constable into the Rift.

"Let's head over there, perhaps they can fill me in on what is best to do with you." He said, keeping his aim on The Constable to keep him walking.

"And keep your hands behind your head, or else my Shade will stun you."

So they walked toward the Bar.

Just now, (PS4)ChrissySilly said:

Crystos shut off his Cataclysm then selectively sent himself and (painlessly) sent The Constable into the Rift.

"Let's head over there, perhaps they can fill me in on what is best to do with you." He said, keeping his aim on The Constable to keep him walking.

"And keep your hands behind your head, or else my Shade will stun you."

So they walked toward the Bar.

The Constable made no move to place his hands behind his head, but did walk over to the bar without trying anything. As he entered the building, he gave a smug grin, sitting down in a chair and putting his feet on a table that hadn't been overturned in a fight.

"Got anything good to drink here?" he asked innocently

54 minutes ago, Daakjenaar said:

The Tech said nothing, trembling silently.

4 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

The Constable made no move to place his hands behind his head, but did walk over to the bar without trying anything. As he entered the building, he gave a smug grin, sitting down in a chair and putting his feet on a table that hadn't been overturned in a fight.

"Got anything good to drink here?" he asked innocently

Crystos was starting to feel weary. Whether it's the cocky attitude, or how calm The Constable is, Crystos felt that something was amiss.

"huh..." He sighed, firing his Sonicor at the bar in an attempt to attract someone's attention.

If no one comes, I will simply take him to my Liset and begin interrogation. Perhaps Nareza might have some insight once we get there... Crystos thought to himself. Though he was hoping that someone will come by soon.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)ChrissySilly said:

Crystos was starting to feel weary. Whether it's the cocky attitude, or how calm The Constable is, Crystos felt that something was amiss.

"huh..." He sighed, firing his Sonicor at the bar in an attempt to attract someone's attention.

If no one comes, I will simply take him to my Liset and begin interrogation. Perhaps Nareza might have some insight once we get there... Crystos thought to himself. Though he was hoping that someone will come by soon.

A man with a Corpus bar code stepped out, looking at him nervously. After realizing it was a tenno, he relaxed, beckoning for him to come inside.

The second the girl with the blindfold noticed the Constable, she snatched her knife out of the air, lunging at the Constable.

"Murderer!" she screamed, her voice full of hate and pain. Memories started to come back. Six gunshots, six wet thuds. A girl hiding under a table, blood pooling around her hands and knees.

The Constable didn't so much as move from his seat as the girl lunged at him, and a second later, the girl was on the floor, writhing in pain.

"A damn shame. I was hoping that we could keep this civil." he said, grabbing a drink off of the table and sniffing it.

Edited by bowiespoon