Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rare item Hunting mod

Scubet

As we All are aware, The new introduction of ayatan Treasures is one of the coolest things to date in game, 
I cant remember a time when I've been so excited, But the issue I've discovered is I'm completely afraid 
ill miss them while going about my everyday missions, This destroys me inside knowing that 
I could potentially miss one, Same goes for rare/reinforced containers.

Also the mentality of using the 
Igniss and for some tenno the telos boltace just to smash everything so the only thing 
left on your radar will be either Ayatan stars or the sculpture itself is kinda bad, the fact 
we have to resort to that to be most efficient, and I've noticed i just am staring at the mini map, 
thanks to the loot finder mod and would actually love to be focusing on the main screen 

I am guilty of this very much so ,

So to help player not feel compelled to bring those items 
(unless star hunting), is to include A rare item hunting mod starting at the starting cost of 20, 
this mod will be a 10 point mod that when maxed out will take up 30 capacity, the mod will point out 
rare items of interest such as sculptures, stars, rare/reinforced containers ect, the mod will have a 
base range from which it can detect an item, and will display a color based on the item, kinda like a 
sonar ping of energy that can be seen through walls as long as you are in range, will also make a ping
 noise when in range of sonar view, beating faster whenever close.

Now this is a mod I've wanted since the dawn of time, I actually convinced myself if i got like 10'000 container scans DE might actually make this mod for me, I've gotten to a high number but im no where near 10'000,now i know im being oh look at what ive done now gimmie something, but I think the community needs this, and i through completing a difficult challenge would give the problem some light and attention, 

if you guys have any criticism, suggestions or you think the topic is BS, let me know, any help is appreciated, this is my progress so far

DD1mQNx.pngFNg9AqR.pngLomRKaS.pngRPclGJm.pngvR7UmAH.png8IHZQ0i.pngy2onC66.pngpjYYYCj.png5bGl3JP.pnguam0FVd.pngedLh2pr.pngdejSZR7.png

Edited by Scubet
fixes in spelling grammar and light additional changes

I scanned the new loot objects and yesterday i found 4 neroudes in an easy capture mission with my max level nekros. Then i searched for an squad who wantet to farm xp so i asked them if i could come to them and they asked, Do you have Nekros? And i said yeah i have an max level Nekros. So i sellectet Nekros and equiped Dread, Despair and Amphis.

Then we played an survival mission on uranus. We played 20 min on the mission and then when we walked further the level in, we found an strange object and we didn´t know what it is so we played after 20 min.

After 15 min Maniacs spawned evrywhere and we found 2 ash helmet and 2 ash systems. I was happy that i now have all the parts to make ash.

In 3 days ash is ready to unleash an immortal killing spree to the grineer, corpus and infestet.

i am looking forward to discover the new loot boxes.

Happy Hunting

2 hours ago, Cortanis said:

Animal instinct exists as well... Oh yeah, and if you hadn't caught on by now, the sculptures spawn in the same locations that syndicate marks can spawn in. Just keep your eyes open and watch your mini map.

I think they issue is everything shows up has a box, besides Cephalon Fragments, you never know if there is a medallion or rare container or star sculpture near by. We should have a respec of Master Thief, and leave the opening lockers and such to Scavenge.

2 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

I think they issue is everything shows up has a box, besides Cephalon Fragments, you never know if there is a medallion or rare container or star sculpture near by. We should have a respec of Master Thief, and leave the opening lockers and such to Scavenge.

Fair enough. I think it would still work properly if only they changed icons to represent the different things. Like color coded boxes for the different rarity loot containers, a diamond for the sculptures, an X for the medallions, and maybe a O for the fragments. That would at the very least give a proper definition to the mini map.

3 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

No we shouldn't, just make a new mod if you insist on this feature. Scavange while has a higher percentage to open lockers than matter thief is slower and rng based on whether your pet will actually do it or not. I personally preferred to use master thief as it's just much faster.

Edited by TaylorsContraction

When I'm on the run for medallions or other stuff like that I don't leave a single box mark on my map unattended. You have to make a choice - either you explore and hunt for stuff or you rush through the level, ignoring containers.

What WF really needs is to make rare containers less rare. It's ridiculous that by RNG whim this shiny singing container appears in some simple corridor, yet every secret room and niche has boring common ones! DE should give rare containers at least 66% chance to appear in secret/challenge rooms.

Edited by Necrius

• 3 weeks later...
On 23 September 2016 at 6:38 PM, Cortanis said:

Animal instinct exists as well... Oh yeah, and if you hadn't caught on by now, the sculptures spawn in the same locations that syndicate marks can spawn in. Just keep your eyes open and watch your mini map.

Yeah, I made this when i was really tires one night, the whole jist of this is to make it so players arent glued to the minimap with such mods

On 24 September 2016 at 4:06 AM, Necrius said:

When I'm on the run for medallions or other stuff like that I don't leave a single box mark on my map unattended. You have to make a choice - either you explore and hunt for stuff or you rush through the level, ignoring containers.

What WF really needs is to make rare containers less rare. It's ridiculous that by RNG whim this shiny singing container appears in some simple corridor, yet every secret room and niche has boring common ones! DE should give rare containers at least 66% chance to appear in secret/challenge rooms.

Ummm, could you let me know how many youve found, the containers above + like maybe 1-2 rare ones are all that i have attained over 1500+ hours of play, are you sure you arent just lucky?, and yes i do agree that rare containers and such should be in hidden spots.

the reason why i asked for the mod is that it fills me with anxiety having the potential to miss these, i cant run any mission now without my igniss or my secura lecta to smash everything anymore, so as i get everything in the mission, and feeling compelled to constantly stare at the minimap drives me insane, 

Edited by Scubet
Forgotten points

On 23 September 2016 at 4:17 PM, Mario458 said:

I scanned the new loot objects and yesterday i found 4 neroudes in an easy capture mission with my max level nekros. Then i searched for an squad who wantet to farm xp so i asked them if i could come to them and they asked, Do you have Nekros? And i said yeah i have an max level Nekros. So i sellectet Nekros and equiped Dread, Despair and Amphis.

Then we played an survival mission on uranus. We played 20 min on the mission and then when we walked further the level in, we found an strange object and we didn´t know what it is so we played after 20 min.

After 15 min Maniacs spawned evrywhere and we found 2 ash helmet and 2 ash systems. I was happy that i now have all the parts to make ash.

In 3 days ash is ready to unleash an immortal killing spree to the grineer, corpus and infestet.

i am looking forward to discover the new loot boxes.

Happy Hunting

How does this have anything to do witht he topic?

On 23 September 2016 at 6:38 PM, Cortanis said:

The whole point is to not have to look at the radar, I play the game only using the map and i dont acutally focus on the main screen anymore its terrible

"The new introduction of ayatan Treasures is one of the coolest things to date in game"

In my opinion they are actually next to worthless.There is no much point to them.Sculptures give little endo end converting them to endo costs too much in credits,also stars drop on every corner.You will find that rare containers are not so rare and rewarding as you think when you get a bit further into game.

On 11/1/2016 at 0:24 PM, RistN said:

"The new introduction of ayatan Treasures is one of the coolest things to date in game"

In my opinion they are actually next to worthless.There is no much point to them.Sculptures give little endo end converting them to endo costs too much in credits,also stars drop on every corner.You will find that rare containers are not so rare and rewarding as you think when you get a bit further into game.

dude I'm MR 21 with 1737 in game hours, not including just sitting in the liset time, and made a forum account 8 months and 20 days before you, so just double check that before assuming I'm a new player, im not stating that to prove prowess mainly to bring to light its not just new players that care about these things. these are cool, they may not be as efficient in getting endo, and rare containers do not drop amazing rewards but they are cool little treasures to find, and I get super excited seeing them, its not about their value

On 11/1/2016 at 2:22 AM, Virsalus said:

I am all for this but a capacity of 30? Come on. 20 would be completely fine.

if it wasnt 30, then it just be another mod you could just throw onto in the exilus slot or something and forget about it, its needs to be a big cost because everyone would leave it on to find treasure, and you wouldn't actively make a choice to equip it in some circumstances

35 minutes ago, Scubet said:

dude I'm MR 21 with 1737 in game hours, not including just sitting in the liset time, and made a forum account 8 months and 20 days before you, so just double check that before assuming I'm a new player, im not stating that to prove prowess mainly to bring to light its not just new players that care about these things. these are cool, they may not be as efficient in getting endo, and rare containers do not drop amazing rewards but they are cool little treasures to find, and I get super excited seeing them, its not about their value

Well you did give a impression that you are a new player by subject and content in this topic.My only mistake was that I assumed that not checking your profile.

This fact that you are experienced player makes me even more puzzled cause you are super exited about finding ayatan treasures and rare containers...

1 minute ago, RistN said:

Well you did give a impression that you are a new player by subject and content in this topic.My only mistake was that I assumed that not checking your profile.

This fact that you are experienced player makes me even more puzzled cause you are super exited about finding ayatan treasures and rare containers...

Isnt everyone?, doesn't treasure like this excite you at all?

Just now, Scubet said:

Isnt everyone?, doesn't treasure like this excite you at all?

Rare containers,not for long time now...Ayatan treasures,thought there is much more to it than it really is.I pick up sculptures when in mission if they are in my way and I completely stoped doing weekly treasure hunt Maroo gives us...They are just decoration in my liset..

Just now, RistN said:

Rare containers,not for long time now...Ayatan treasures,thought there is much more to it than it really is.I pick up sculptures when in mission if they are in my way and I completely stoped doing weekly treasure hunt Maroo gives us...They are just decoration in my liset..

so are mine, i don't trade them in either, when i made the post I only had 6 treasures, now i have 46, never turned any of them in, their all sitting in a treaure pile, and with each treause added makes me feel good, its like a collection