Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Resource Caches: Make 'em rarer, fuller

Worldbrand

I think the inclusion of resource caches as extra loot crates that you can encounter in the game is pretty fun. At first, it's interesting finding and scanning them all. That might get old pretty quickly, but the new assets are interesting.

But the amount of resources that they drop is basically on par with finding the exact same thing from an enemy or a crate. You can bust open a neuroptic mass and find one neurode. It feels underwhelming.

In my opinion, making these caches rarer and more packed with drops would increase the excitement of finding them and further promote and reward exploration.

I know that others may feel that these supplement the income of rare resources that we already get, but the rare resource caches are still few and far between. Enough that if you go out of your way to find them during a mission, you would probably have obtained the exact same amount of them just from busting up the enemies, containers, and lockers you find along the way. So I think that encountering them should feel more special than that. Not on the same level as a rare/reinforced container, but more meaningful than they are now.

On the flipside, it might make them harder to scan, but I don't see this to be a huge issue as we already have to scan rare and reinforced containers multiple times anyway. The players that this actually concerns are likely up to the challenge.

P.S. When the next wave of dojo decorations hits, could we perhaps be able to build our own caches as decorations? The assets are really neat. There's a lot we could do with them.

I agree.
Make them rarer and why not give a daily/weekly mission for find a specific ressource deposite. (Like what Maroo and Darvo propose you).
We currently have 15 different ressource deposites, so, we can have each day, a choice between 2 ressources (3 for Sunday).

Definitely not rarer. 

I've run a bunch of missions on Saturn today, in order to grind some traces and to do some invasions and I've found myself with more orokin cells at the end of each mission than before. So I can attest that the caches are better than the rare resource drop in normal crates they were before.

I feel they are fine.

I feel they already take long enough to find for the little recources they dropped, but if they dropped interesting things besides the cluttered loot pool of mods that easily drop in game, and common resources to credits. As well as remove the junk in the pool that I mentioned earlier, increased the amount of rare resources you get, as well as add new mods or unreleased mods *cough* sacrifice *cough* I'd surely be fine with them being rarer. I'm really glad that bullet dance got added to the orokin cache drops though, that was definitely a nice addition, they still need to clear the junk out first. then again some people do need there polymer, so increasing the drops to around 10k for common resources would be nice (you could deffinately farm 10k polymer in the time you searched for a cache as is) but credits definitely shouldn't drop, they just clutter the pool.