Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loadout menu request: "always copy colour from Warframe"

AdunSaveMe

Toggle it on, any weapon you equip will automatically set its colours to your Warframe's current palette. This cuts out having to do it for every single weapon every single time you change your loadout, and you can just turn it off again.

Either it can save your manually-set appearance for when you toggle it off, or it can just use one of the appearance loadouts. Either way, could be handy.

If it's toggleable, why not but I'm not particulary for this additition.

I think the best way is to have more colors (not just A,B and C) and have a way to link theme together by name.
Exemple : You call a color of your Excalibur "alpha" and you have colors "alpha" and "beta" on your wepons, if you active "automatic color" all your loadout will take the color "alpha" if it's exist on the current wepon.

It's could make you able to have a synergy between your warframe and wepons color with be stuck with 3 color scheme and without have to use the color picker like you said.

2 minutes ago, Firefly0037 said:

because taking literally 10 seconds (at max) to make sure all colors are uniform is too much?

When you like to change your weapons to match a set theme and all your Warframes are differently colored, well, yes. It's a minute or two, more if these colors are not pre-saved in the Favorites tab.

3 minutes ago, Firefly0037 said:

because taking literally 10 seconds (at max) to make sure all colors are uniform is too much?

5954654+_cd83b97f80fc8556db90348a3337d44b.jpg

Why say it like this? You know it's not just that one period of time spent setting them all. It's that period of time, EVERY time you switch ANYTHING.

If we boiled down every inconvenience to its basic summary we could argue against every single QoL change ever made.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)IIIDevoidIII said:

When you like to change your weapons to match a set theme and all your Warframes are differently colored, well, yes. It's a minute or two, more if these colors are not pre-saved in the Favorites tab.

Just now, AdunSaveMe said:

Why say it like this? You know it's not just that one period of time spent setting them all. It's that period of time, EVERY time you switch ANYTHING.

If we boiled down every inconvenience to its basic summary we could argue against every single QoL change ever made.

literally takes 10 seconds still, and a lot of my frames have multiple appearance configs.  There have been several times when a mission was queued, I forgot to change colors, and took care of everything before the mission started (that ten second interval before a match?).  really is such a trivial topic.  Don't add more buttons and gadgets to over-complicate a UI under the guise of "QoL" when it really isn't an actual issue.  

2 minutes ago, Firefly0037 said:

literally takes 10 seconds still, and a lot of my frames have multiple appearance configs.  There have been several times when a mission was queued, I forgot to change colors, and took care of everything before the mission started (that ten second interval before a match?).  really is such a trivial topic.  Don't add more buttons and gadgets to over-complicate a UI under the guise of "QoL" when it really isn't an actual issue.  

And then you have to do it every single time.

Do you know why appearance loadouts are there? So you don't have to set your appearances manually every time. That falls into the same category as what I'm proposing. Stop acting like it's a completely unreasonable request. One button isn't going to over-complicate the UI.

You could literally put a checkbox on the 'copy colours' button that's already there. Wowsers, so over-complicated.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Just now, Firefly0037 said:

That is the exact point of quality of life. Makes things more bearable for people when not an actual or real issue. That Cosmetics didn't copy Warframe colors wasn't an issue either, but we got a button for that.

I would like this. Was thinking about it the other day as I went through all my warframes and weapons and applied the exact same colour scheme to them all.
There are 3 buttons I would like to see added to this game;

• (toggle) Always inherit Warframe colours onto equiped weapons
  • (button) Apply colour scheme to all warframes
  • (button) Delete all inbox messages.

Actually, what I would prefer overall is a global 'default' colour scheme that we can setup and any weapon/warframe that has no colours assigned will use that colour shceme. Probablly a toggle to please all players.

1 minute ago, AdunSaveMe said:

And then you have to do it every single time.

Not really. I don't change configs THAT often... and if I feel like I have to, then I adjust the color scheme to be more of something that I like and will want to use it more.  Even then, 10 seconds is super trivial after 45min survivals all the time - I don't have the patience to worry about how long it takes to click a few buttons.

5 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Do you know why appearance loadouts are there? So you don't have to set your appearances manually every time. That falls into the same category as what I'm proposing. Stop acting like it's a completely unreasonable request. One button isn't going to over-complicate the UI.

And with that mentality, DE has kept adding more to the UI.  We now have to filter through SEVERAL menus to get to what we want already.  Continue having that mentality, and you'll be wanting the appearance UI to be more simplified.  We had it pretty easy pre-mirage and dark sector updates, when walking around the liset and new menu screen was introduced.

But as far as appearance configs, those are there to save your favorite color schemes.  Otherwise it wouldn't be an option, and we'd get to redesign every single time.  You've already got buttons to match those color schemes.  Sometimes trying to oversimplify is overcomplicating - gotta know where the line is.

And with all that, yes it is a ridiculous thing to worry about in this current time when we've got so many other major issues to discuss.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)IIIDevoidIII said:

That is the exact point of quality of life. Makes things more bearable for people when not an actual or real issue. That Cosmetics didn't copy Warframe colors wasn't an issue either, but we got a button for that.

QoL assumes a group of people want it (google the definition) or would express joy in having it.  Currently that isn't the case with only two people out of 25mil.  I'd hardly consider something so trivial as QoL instead of just oversimplifying, to which I go back to my original point.  

QoL has also gotten a blurred meaning, with everyone using it to cover their own ideas and make them look that much better.  It doesn't even seem like DE know what QoL means after such a rough year of attempting it.  So best not use the term for a while.

1 minute ago, Firefly0037 said:

QoL assumes a group of people want it (google the definition) or would express joy in having it.  Currently that isn't the case with only two people out of 25mil.  I'd hardly consider something so trivial as QoL instead of just oversimplifying, to which I go back to my original point.  

QoL has also gotten a blurred meaning, with everyone using it to cover their own ideas and make them look that much better.  It doesn't even seem like DE know what QoL means after such a rough year of attempting it.  So best not use the term for a while.

That is a poor statistic, as only 5 out of 25 million have voiced their opinion on it, currently at 3/5 for. If that is the dictionary definition of QoL you go by, I am not sure in how this is considered not to be QoL.

This topic isn't really about how DE approached other QoL issues or whether or not QoL is a relevant term.

6 minutes ago, Firefly0037 said:

Not really. I don't change configs THAT often... and if I feel like I have to, then I adjust the color scheme to be more of something that I like and will want to use it more.  Even then, 10 seconds is super trivial after 45min survivals all the time - I don't have the patience to worry about how long it takes to click a few buttons.

Good for you. Doesn't mean everything is dandy and can't improve.

And with that mentality, DE has kept adding more to the UI.  We now have to filter through SEVERAL menus to get to what we want already.  Continue having that mentality, and you'll be wanting the appearance UI to be more simplified.  We had it pretty easy pre-mirage and dark sector updates, when walking around the liset and new menu screen was introduced.

Yes, the good old slippery slope meme. Sure is a good contribution.

You don't think it's QoL. That doesn't mean it isn't QoL. You don't have to meet a requirement of a certain percentage of the population for it to be called QoL. You're arguing against a small change that would have no negative effect for no particularly good reason other than the fact that you don't think it's important, which isn't a good reason.

You're also going off point here. You tell me why adding this option would be bad, and I'll happily debate it.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

10 minutes ago, Firefly0037 said:

But as far as appearance configs, those are there to save your favorite color schemes. 

"As far as the 'always copy colour' button goes, that's there to save time matching colour schemes".

This is what you could easily say if this was already an option. It's a cakewalk to justify something that's already there.

How would it be ''oversimplified''? How would this be a negative thing? More importantly, why does the importance of other issues diminish the validity of this one? Should we stop talking about everything that isn't a major gamebreaking problem at the moment? No, we shouldn't, because that's silly.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

• 3 months later...

Bumping an old thread, but I really would love something like this - or at least a button to click to apply colors to a whole loadout. It's not just the weapon colors - it's weapons, weapon attachments (like when using bows), then don't forget sentinels and THEIR attachments! And every time you rush through it all, the RANDOMIZE button (of doom!) is RIGHT there next to the area where you are hastily clicking. 

Just one button to "apply color theme to loadout" would be wonderful. 

1 hour ago, dstrawberrygirl said:

Bumping an old thread, but I really would love something like this - or at least a button to click to apply colors to a whole loadout. It's not just the weapon colors - it's weapons, weapon attachments (like when using bows), then don't forget sentinels and THEIR attachments! And every time you rush through it all, the RANDOMIZE button (of doom!) is RIGHT there next to the area where you are hastily clicking. 

Just one button to "apply color theme to loadout" would be wonderful. 

that thread necro.... bumping threads is against forum guidelines.  mods and admins usually lock threads that get necro'd

9 minutes ago, Firefly0037 said:

that thread necro.... bumping threads is against forum guidelines.  mods and admins usually lock threads that get necro'd

It was either that or make a new one - this request has had no action, had some interest, and had no lock, hence I chose to add a +1 to it with extra suggestions. In this situation, what do you suggest - make a new thread asking for almost the same thing as an existing thread? Apologies if I chose incorrectly.

2 hours ago, Firefly0037 said:

Gosh you're right, this is all the way back from- oh wait... just over 3 months ago... Oh my, how can we hope to cope with this madness?!? 

OT- I agree with the sentiment, and would consider it a great QoL improvement. Being able to apply a color scheme to weapons and with what I'm sure would be much more complexity, companions (considering their color palletes are different, at least for pets) would be fantastic. I at least hope they can take a look at maybe streamlining the whole process. Still feels rather clunky. Particularly when accent colors don't match metallic parts on sentinels, etc. 

Edited by Shadow8600

5 hours ago, dstrawberrygirl said:

It was either that or make a new one - this request has had no action, had some interest, and had no lock, hence I chose to add a +1 to it with extra suggestions. In this situation, what do you suggest - make a new thread asking for almost the same thing as an existing thread? Apologies if I chose incorrectly.

just because something is on the forums doesn't mean the devs have to act on it.  create a new thread, but don't automatically assume that just because you have an idea, it'll get acted on.  forums are for feedback, not direction.

3 hours ago, Shadow8600 said:

Gosh you're right, this is all the way back from- oh wait... just over 3 months ago... Oh my, how can we hope to cope with this madness?!? 

past 30 days is considered a necro :) 

Spoiler

https://puu.sh/tcHVW/898a9f4933.png

Edited by Firefly0037