The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Music Frame[dev 82]

(XBOX)EternalDrk Mako

4 minutes ago, Cryo.1700 said:

you have point but they are not solely manipulating fire.  Sounds and music are one of the same thing you can't separate that. 

Yes you can.

Water is a rudimentary form of ice. Hydroid and Frost.

Rock is a rudimentary form of sand. Atlas and Inaros.

Might as well be pants on head mentally challenged and include Zephyr because the creation of wind is strictly speaking based on the same principle as sound, an atmospheric pressure differential.

4 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

However, fairy magic? Music magic? What do those things even mean? These concepts are so completely and utterly divorced from any basis of reality that they fringe on absurd. I'm not really a fan of that design direction.

My headcannon justification for Tropeframe is that warframes were designed to evoke imagery that the operators would associate with that frame's power set.  So they draw, in appearance and ability set, from classic archetypes to make transference more intuitive and thus more powerful.  A more extreme form of the real life phenomenon of embodied cognition.

Edited by Kothophed
typos

8 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Yes you can.

Water is a rudimentary form of ice. Hydroid and Frost.

Rock is a rudimentary form of sand. Atlas and Inaros.

Might as well be pants on head mentally challenged and include Zephyr because the creation of wind is strictly speaking based on the same principle as sound, an atmospheric pressure differential.

i believe you have it backwards wind is the medium of which without it sounds cannot and will not be produced. And water is a liquid  ice is a solid we learn that in school. Even earth and sand is different .

Edited by Cryo.1700

2 minutes ago, Cryo.1700 said:

i believe you have it backwards wind is the medium of which without it sounds cannot and will not be produced. And water is a liquid  ice is a solid we learn that in school. 

Sound travels through solids and liquids, sometimes better than it does through air. 

24 minutes ago, DesuTronic said:

What he was trying to say is that weather or not you find a specific vibration combination to be stimulating to you or not doesn't exclude the fact that all it comes down to is sound vibration.

Also what kind of music is "pleasurable" to you or not is not the same for everyone.

2 minutes ago, Cryo.1700 said:

my whole argument is mainly the fact that wind has nothing to do with other then be it's medium .

same goes for fire then, fire is heat , nezah has flames (flame ring, flame feat, ) as does chroma  fire (flame breath)

water hydroid then goes with frost who utilizes freezing water in hist kit as does chroma (ice)

the thing as ive stated even with a base elemental type, there have been others who are derived off that power as well. so its not like its something new

and stimulating is different to each for sure, but in the human mind you can trigger the "lizard brain" 

think sirens who drove sailors to their deaths (men) but didnt affect women 

so maybe she has a multi power system like ivara or vauban , to work with different foes in different ways.

and as for wind , wind is basically the changes in tempurature which cause air flow changes 

27 minutes ago, Cryo.1700 said:

i believe you have it backwards wind is the medium of which without it sounds cannot and will not be produced. And water is a liquid  ice is a solid we learn that in school. Even earth and sand is different .

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20827804-600-sound-can-leap-across-a-vacuum-after-all/

sound fyi can also go across a vacume between objects in special cases

specifically if utilizing crystals and Piezoelectrics to transmit pressure waves across a vacuum to produce sound  

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

2 hours ago, TheThunder said:

i mean of a direct homage just like zatoichi´s "Blind Justice"

something along the lines of his passive a 500% your weapon damage on drop kick paying a direct homage to Kamen Rider Kamen Kick

ah ,  that makes sense 

1 hour ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

I bet the orokin also liked A-tracks...

hehe .... o. o

I'm not really happy with it, I was hoping for a kind of silly bard man with poofy pants and a lute, but instead we're getting some kind of Dubstep DJ woman. We didn't ask for the China frames so I feel using them as an excuse is not very good and nobody really plays Wukong seriously so we might as well not count him. Overall I'm dissapointed by the choice.

21 minutes ago, Domesticon said:

I'm not really happy with it, I was hoping for a kind of silly bard man with poofy pants and a lute, but instead we're getting some kind of Dubstep DJ woman. We didn't ask for the China frames so I feel using them as an excuse is not very good and nobody really plays Wukong seriously so we might as well not count him. Overall I'm dissapointed by the choice.

My feelings as well.

I've since thought of another problem with the frame. Both "Maestro" (As I've heard her referred to) and Banshee are in Support roles, focusing on aiding the team in doing damage or healing/buffing the team, rather than doing the damage themselves. With that being said, and the similarities between the theme of Maestro and Banshee I am concerned Banshee will be made obsolete, with Maestro just being numerically better. Granted, we don't know this will happen, we haven't seen Maestro's abilities yet. But I'd just like to bring the concern forth. If it can be avoided before Maestro is finalized it will be much easier to fix and prevent.

This is part of why I mentioned the poofy pants lute man before, while that does still have the same theme of sound/music to Banshee, it would be an entirely different genre of music which helps avoid that issue. However, this design steps on Banshee's toes in entirety, female frame looking like some sort of dubstep DJ, that is pretty much what Banshee's deluxe skin is.

Overall, I think DE needs to be careful with what they do with Maestro, as they've already gone into dangerous territory, but as said, all we can really do is wait and voice our concerns.

2 hours ago, Domesticon said:

I've since thought of another problem with the frame. Both "Maestro" (As I've heard her referred to) and Banshee are in Support roles, focusing on aiding the team in doing damage or healing/buffing the team, rather than doing the damage themselves. With that being said, and the similarities between the theme of Maestro and Banshee I am concerned Banshee will be made obsolete, with Maestro just being numerically better. Granted, we don't know this will happen, we haven't seen Maestro's abilities yet. But I'd just like to bring the concern forth. If it can be avoided before Maestro is finalized it will be much easier to fix and prevent.

This is part of why I mentioned the poofy pants lute man before, while that does still have the same theme of sound/music to Banshee, it would be an entirely different genre of music which helps avoid that issue. However, this design steps on Banshee's toes in entirety, female frame looking like some sort of dubstep DJ, that is pretty much what Banshee's deluxe skin is.

Overall, I think DE needs to be careful with what they do with Maestro, as they've already gone into dangerous territory, but as said, all we can really do is wait and voice our concerns.

well we dont know music frames kit yet, anything people have spoken on is speculation till de officially anouce her passive and kit 

and she dosnt look much dubstep to me , yes she has speakers in her design but that dosnt really step on toes as banshee soprana deluxe skin has that look but banshee origional does not

and as for music frames look she is more 

Image result for drum and bugle

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako