Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash: Can he fit in a team?

(PSN)NewAgeDoom

1 minute ago, (PS4)NewAgeDoom said:

...Not gonna lie...I kinda built mine to Bladespam...I'm working on not doing that though! lol

I built mine to have as much duration on Smoke Screen as I can, whilst still being able to lock down (sort of) a group of enemies or outright kill them when needed to, so my squadmates can take a breather from the heavier side of fire. During then they can either heal themselves back up and/or kill the other mobs. Reduced range to about 17.5 meters because it doesn't even hurt that much. I don't plan on slash-proccing the whole corridor and kill-stealing/being a hindrance to my team.

Just now, (PS4)NewAgeDoom said:

...Not gonna lie...I kinda built mine to Bladespam...I'm working on not doing that though! lol

Don't worry, every Ash player does that, then it becomes dull and boring and you try other things, and realise bladespam build is boring as f*ck.

Wanna know my current Ash build?

Steel Charge, Handspring (exilus). Primed Continuity, Primed Flow, VItality, Redirection, Streamline, Rage, and the last two slots are used with these: Thief's wit, Enemy Sense, Rush, Seeking Shuriken, Smoke Shadow, Stretch. I select the last two mods acording to the situation.

Honestly, Frames all have niches. I'm kinda okay that ash is the solo friendly frame. I play ash P daily (he has my current focus lens) and i find i can mod him both for stealthing and for aoe blasting. I like where he's at, and besides the fact that bladestorm's painting makes enemies very difficult to kill, I think Ash does very little to "get in the way" of his team mates.

Best move i ever made was to put a greater lens on Ash P, both through the days of stealth runs and draco aoe nuking, he consistently performs near the top of the pack, and now i'm less than 1 million focus from maxing out the Zenurik tree entirely (which is a rather expensive task).

Edited by Skaleek

9 minutes ago, LunarEdge7 said:

Soon I'll get his 1 and 2 augments as well, further adding my assistance value of my Ash to the team.

I'm probably going to end up building mine a bit more balanced, with focus on Fatal Teleport.

I need to get a Naramon lens for him, though.

Edited by (PS4)NewAgeDoom

2 hours ago, (PS4)NewAgeDoom said:

I've noticed myself playing as Ash a lot more lately, and am having a significant amount of fun with him (Even with his anime cutscene of an ultimate).

But a lot of people tell me he doesn't really play well with others. Why is that?

Really, people's idea of teamwork is subjective.

Some people don't like Ash because he's, well, a killing machine.  He doesn't come with special abilities that buff other players.  In fact, Ash is more of a soloist.  In Sorties with Radiation hazards, he's deadly to his own team. 

I like having an Ash on my team, especially for those endless missions like Defense, Survival, and Excavation.  He makes my squishy Warframes, such as Nekros, happy and keeps the team alive with his crowd control. 

If you want to play Ash on a squad, go ahead and do it.  It's just a game; you play to have fun. 

Just now, (XB1)GeckoGenesis said:

Really, people's idea of teamwork is subjective.

Some people don't like Ash because he's, well, a killing machine.  He doesn't come with special abilities that buff other players.  In fact, Ash is more of a soloist.  In Sorties with Radiation hazards, he's deadly to his own team. 

I like having an Ash on my team, especially for those endless missions like Defense, Survival, and Excavation.  He makes my squishy Warframes, such as Nekros, happy and keeps the team alive with his crowd control. 

If you want to play Ash on a squad, go ahead and do it.  It's just a game; you play to have fun. 

Granted, I still like Offensive Utility Frames like Nova and Volt more (Love you Volt <3), but sometimes, I just want to be a ninja edgelord killing machine

Just now, (PS4)NewAgeDoom said:

Granted, I still like Offensive Utility Frames like Nova and Volt more (Love you Volt <3), but sometimes, I just want to be a ninja edgelord killing machine

Yay! Another Volt lover! 

I've always preferred playing the defensive or supportive roles.  I'm not aggressive enough to be a killing machine.  XD 

Perhaps you can give me some tips on how to play Ash.  For some reason, I have a difficult time playing him- I keep dying and killing nothing...  

3 minutes ago, (XB1)GeckoGenesis said:

Yay! Another Volt lover! 

I've always preferred playing the defensive or supportive roles.  I'm not aggressive enough to be a killing machine.  XD 

Perhaps you can give me some tips on how to play Ash.  For some reason, I have a difficult time playing him- I keep dying and killing nothing...  

I built him primarily for Bladestorm, but the way not to get your team killed by Radiation procs is apparently to build more for Invisibility and Finishers with Teleport.

If you want more of a Utility-based Stealth Frame, I recommend Loki.

Team Utility? No... But Ash never had it to begin with.

Fans asked for utility and scaling abilities before his last tuning but we only got about half of what was asked for.

Ash is a single target dps oriented frame. He's always been a semi-decent solo frame (beastmode now though) and has always had limited control options and no healing.

If this was a standard MMO, he'd be an apex level dps... But this is a shooter with mmo elements. Apex level DPS only isn't really a fit in this game type because everyone is expecting to dps.

What's ironic is that before Ash's last tuning many players complained he was useless in groups because his damage didn't scale and he had no utility.

...Now that the damage scales people complain he is useless in groups because he blocks out their ability to do any damage and he has no team utility.

The upside is that there are tons of frames so finding one that will offer that team utility instead is easy to do.

4 hours ago, (PS4)NewAgeDoom said:

I'd argue a case on a team for Loki. Irradiating Disarm is not to be underestimated, and you can invisible teleport a downed teammate to the rest of the squad.

This is true.  Loki is indeed in many ways a better stealth frame.  His irradiating disarm and regular radial disarm are highly useful and is effective for enemies of all levels.  The only thing Loki lacks is the large health pool and damage abilities obviously when compared to Ash.  (well, in the hands of a skilled player Loki wouldn't really need the large health pool, because he'd be invisible most of the time anyways.  haha)

1 minute ago, sushidubya said:

This is true.  Loki is indeed in many ways a better stealth frame.  His irradiating disarm and regular radial disarm are highly useful and is effective for enemies of all levels.  The only thing Loki lacks is the large health pool and damage abilities obviously when compared to Ash.  (well, in the hands of a skilled player Loki wouldn't really need the large health pool, because he'd be invisible most of the time anyways.  haha)

Just a pain in the butt when I'm trying to farm Simaris rep scans and the stalker shows up when I'm Loki....It's really awkward trying to dodge his stuff and fire at him with a bow -.-

My opinion will not be popular but I think he can. He can clear a room to cover a teammate reviving another. His smoke screen augment is good for some team utility. In the end, it is just about how you play. Imo it doesn't matter if a frame has utility or not. It's all in how you play.

3 hours ago, (PS4)NewAgeDoom said:

Why do Radiation procs hurt Ash in particular again?

They don't hurt Ash - they hurt EVERYONE ELSE.

3 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

So, is Ash good for a team? Definetly. Do people use him right(as in, not Bladespamming all day)? rare chance, blame Fleeting Expertise and EV Trinis for that.

and Zenurik... I love my Ash, and have been playing him for a really long time.  He's fast - not really squishy [over 1000 shield and 1200 health] has a 'get out of jail card [smokescreen]' can move quickly across the map [teleport] and now has the ability to extend slash procs.

All awesome things.  Bladestorm can be annoying for others when you lock the critter while you are doing damage.  To help mitigate this I run a durability [damage mitigation, health and sheild regen] build ash and use fatal teleport unless there is a reason to need some 'crowd control' at which point I'll use bladestorm.  with Fury and the correct arcanes - you can run through a list of targets really quickly.  When things are going well, I land before the first critter has fallen over. 

I am looking forward to two things:

1. Bladestorm rework
2 Ash Prime being vaulted. 

Just now, Meliq said:

1. Bladestorm rework

I'm hoping for a full rework, as his abilities are rather sh*tty in Conclave and can't really be buffed without turning broken. Also because I would like Smoke Screen to be an actual Smoke Screen and not a Loki's invis knock-off with AoE stagger.