Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania build tips?

(PSN)NewAgeDoom

Question

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Titania/t_30_0200040020_2-5-10-3-8-5-4-3-5-5-7-5-6-6-5-7-0-5-13-2-3-14-4-5-411-1-6_7-9-411-6-13-13-4-9-14-9-2-6-6-11-5-9-3-18-f-f_0/en/1-0-48

Here's what I've managed to put together with a fresh Titania at 30, no Forma. Any advice/pointers for a more well-rounded build would be appreciated.

15 answers to this question

For the most part she has 3 viable builds, yours looks like her True Hybrid form which takes full advantage of all her abilities but it's incredibly energy hungry, even with Zenurik.

Razor Wing:

Ws0b06z.jpg

Full CC:

uiPFYrO.jpg

True Hybrid:

DUfUYX4.jpg

You can get all three with the same Forma setup, takes 5.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)NewAgeDoom said:

See, I designed it thinking I would be using my abilities while also in Razorwing, so it'd be helpful to have a little of everything.

Yes, this is how you're "Supposed" to use her. However her small energy reserve on top of the drain of her Razor Wing makes it very hard to do. 

Specializing her makes her function better but in the end you're specializing a hybrid frame which just ends up with a weaker form of something else. Her Strength is in being able to do multiple roles all at once but she's flawed in that she has trouble keeping up with that role.

7 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Yes, this is how you're "Supposed" to use her. However her small energy reserve on top of the drain of her Razor Wing makes it very hard to do. 

Specializing her makes her function better but in the end you're specializing a hybrid frame which just ends up with a weaker form of something else. Her Strength is in being able to do multiple roles all at once but she's flawed in that she has trouble keeping up with that role.

Theres not really any right or wrong way to use her though

13 minutes ago, (XB1)Beck117 said:

What I've been doing mostly (granted this is mostly infested maps) is getting a good amount of thorns going (about 25%), then taking flight and helping thin out the numbers for the squad (and zooming over to pickup focus orbs XD)

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Beck117 said:

There kinda is when you consider group roles.

She's a hybrid which are parts of different roles or aspects. Inherently they're not strong at any one thing but as a whole.

When you specialize a Hybrid you end up with less than their potential.

An example to this, Razor Wing gets trumped by Peace Maker, Lantern gets trumped by Chaos, Rad Disarm, Vaban, Her buffs get trumped by any number of other buffs.

Her Strength is in being able to supply lesser forms of all these in one package and she has trouble keeping up with the role.

It's not the players fault for specializing her to work well of course, it's her flawed design.

An energy pool increase would go a long way with her but sadly that's not likely to happen till she gets primed.

4 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

There kinda is when you consider group roles.

She's a hybrid which are parts of different roles or aspects. Inherently they're not strong at any one thing but as a whole.

An example to this, Razor Wing gets trumped by Peace Maker, Lantern gets trumped by Chaos, Rad Disarm, Vaban, Her buffs get trumped by any number of other buffs.

Her Strength is in being able to supply lesser forms of all these in one package and she has trouble keeping up with the role.

It's not the players fault for specializing her to work well of course, it's her flawed design.

An energy pool increase would go a long way with her but sadly that's not likely to happen till she gets primed.

Her spellbind has stat res for the entire team and her fourth works differently to peacemaker. Yeah I would be glad if they actually fixed her instead of just leaving her how she is. 

15 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Exactly. If you decide to shift the balance of this frame to the extreme in one direction or the other, you change it's potential. Titania may be the one frame in this game where the typical min/max approach is actually not the best way to go.

How many frames in the game now can potentially keep 4 buffs up for an extended period, while providing CC, disarm/confuse the enemy, AND remove status effects from the team all SIMULTANEOUSLY? And while doing all that, switch to a mode that can pump out some serious damage?

Shifting the focus to one extreme (Faerie mode), or the other (long range CC) could be beneficial in certain situations with certain teams, but you ultimately are gimping the frames total potential. Titania is one of the few frames that rewards moderation, and even where that moderation bar is placed will vary based on play style. But go too far in either direction, you will lose out on functionality. When that point is reached, it seems kind of silly to blame the frame when it is the user making the changes.

Titania does need a little tweaking, but its more QOL type stuff, like not allowing lantern to float completely out of range on really large area tile sets, or some of the clipping issues when maneuvering in faerie/archwing mode.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Sacrfishal Lamb said:

Exactly. If you decide to shift the balance of this frame to the extreme in one direction or the other, you change it's potential. Titania may be the one frame in this game where the typical min/max approach is actually not the best way to go.

How many frames in the game now can potentially keep 4 buffs up for an extended period, while providing CC, disarm/confuse the enemy, AND remove status effects from the team all SIMULTANEOUSLY? And while doing all that, switch to a mode that can pump out some serious damage?

Shifting the focus to one extreme (Faerie mode), or the other (long range CC) could be beneficial in certain situations with certain teams, but you ultimately are gimping the frames total potential. Titania is one of the few frames that rewards moderation, and even where that moderation bar is placed will vary based on play style. But go too far in either direction, you will lose out on functionality. When that point is reached, it seems kind of silly to blame the frame when it is the user making the changes.

Titania does need a little tweaking, but its more QOL type stuff, like not allowing lantern to float completely out of range on really large area tile sets, or some of the clipping issues when maneuvering in faerie/archwing mode.

Yea, that's why I mostly use her True Hybrid build.

Even though the energy management is awful. Every one of her abilities have good range and dependable duration.

She can't keep it up for long but when you've got buffs up, Lantern going, everyone is immune to status and you're gunning enemies down in Razor Wing she truly fills her roll as a hybrid.

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 9:01 AM, Xzorn said:

For the most part she has 3 viable builds, yours looks like her True Hybrid form which takes full advantage of all her abilities but it's incredibly energy hungry, even with Zenurik.

Razor Wing:

Ws0b06z.jpg

Full CC:

uiPFYrO.jpg

True Hybrid:

DUfUYX4.jpg

You can get all three with the same Forma setup, takes 5.

I use the Razorwing build. Mine is very close to what you have for stats. I love it. Her butterflies do very nice crowd control. This part I just recently found out during mobile defense, defense, and Interception missions. Added the Rush mod for speed to cover ground even faster.

Only thing better would be to have an Ivara shoot me with Cloak Arrow for some real carnage. Hehe