Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth + Tonkor to farm Focus: is this still a thing?

Madame_Werewolf

Question

11 answers to this question

Yes and No.

Stealth farming has been nerfed several times. Most impacting was the "Enemies spawned in alerted status for 5 seconds after spawning".

Because of the way the game populates a map an enemy can spawn in the very same room as you or the moment you enter a new room.

Each time you hit one of these enemies you loose your stealth multiplier.

I tend to use Polearms to stealth farm as this gives me better control over what I hit while still giving a good area to sweep down groups.

9 minutes ago, wolfsongcry said:

using two greater lens on Loki

Personally I think Ivara is better fit for this role.  Her Noise arrow can easily herd huge groups together.  Her Navigator Multiplier bonus is also a great advantage to farming high levels.  I do mine on the occasional sortie that fits the purpose such as rescues or spies as well as normal missions.

39 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Personally I think Ivara is better fit for this role.  Her Noise arrow can easily herd huge groups together.  Her Navigator Multiplier bonus is also a great advantage to farming high levels.  I do mine on the occasional sortie that fits the purpose such as rescues or spies as well as normal missions.

that's actually pretty smart, I need to try this. currently I just use loki and tigris p, both with greater lenses and I go to SAB on ceres, gives me about 10-15k focus with booster plus it's fun turning enemies into smithereens :3 

49 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

True. But I don't have her yet :(

Thanks for your answers guys!

3 minutes ago, wolfsongcry said:

So you just go rampage with Orthos in stealth?

Not quite a rampage, but I don't take my time either. No matter how slow you go the "Spawned Alerted" thing will screw you.

I usually just run through and line up strikes while trying to not stop much. Primed Reach is a big help.

The alert range on a melee is very small compared to a gun even with Hushed so you can keep a good amount of speed. The only downside is you have to execute or slide attack Bombers sometimes since they can survive a normal strike. They don't seem to as much with Vaykor Sydon given it's higher Puncture damage. I use Sonicor for Arc Traps. Since it's silent it won't usually ruin your stealth to hit an enemy while you're shooting a trap.

I use Ivara with an Orthos Prime (Primed Reach) and Zhuge (for Arc Traps) on Telesto, Saturn. Sleep Arrow keeps enemies from alerting each other and prevents Bombards from becoming alerted due to taking two or three hits to kill. You're never quite moving fast enough to accidentally kill a newly spawned enemy.

With an affinity booster and greater lens on both the Orthos Prime and Ivara, I get 30,000 Focus on a bad run and 55,000 Focus on a good run, which typically takes about 8 minutes. Par for a single Convergence orb is about 10,000 Focus.

They nerfed the tonkor quite a bit with regards to stealth since the time those videos were probably made.  Originally you could blow a guy up that was standing right next to another guy and the 2nd wouldn't be alerted unless he took damage.  The nerf was making the 2nd guy much more aware of what happened to the 1st such that it breaks your stealth chain no matter what.

The same does not appy to melee weapons so anything with a long reach works well.  Orthos prime and mios are two common ones.

FWIW, you can get basically just as good focus gains on Hieracon while you farm relics and endo.  I do both methods depending on my mood for the day.