Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auction/Trading House Platform

(XBOX)Wicked Vash

42 minutes ago, (XB1)Wicked Vash said:

"standardizing" would not come from DE but players deciding how much an item is worth, a baseline if you will on what someone is willing to put forward for an item. I am not talking price restrictions or limitations, but a player consensus on what value an item has based upon by them actually buying it at that price range.

Warframes economy is run by greed. There is no standard prices for items, people just assume that since this guy got his cheap, they can do. All warframe.market shows is a bunch of people selling for high, and a bunch of people buying for cheap. Steam has stabilized prices because people are actually spending cash. Sometimes i overspend on things in warframe, because plat isn't worth ANYTHING.

I onced asked for PC of X item
Response:
Buying or Selling

Buying X Plat
Selling X >Y Plat

Last time i traded one is buying and one is selling.  2 prices of a single item is confusing.

Another thing it is a waste of chat space to those who do this
"WTS X Item PM ME"
selling something without a price is an automatic "scammer" to me and goes to the ignore bin.

ever PMed someone about buying something only for the player to ignore you?
that is because you are too late.

The main issue is the overpricing of some people because they can get some unsuspecting new player to buy it.
for example:
someone is selling to sell a X warframe for 200p, i was tempted to buy and about to contact the person.
Then i had a doubt and postpone it.
The next day it is 40p.

as for solution a Trading Kiosk should be implemented. but there should be rules to avoid Overpricing 
Seller
- upon putting the item you should place the tax price upfront, The item will be on sale for Xdays ( depends on DE )
- The item will be removed from inventory and will go to the kiosk.
- upon selling the item the plat will get mailed to you
- if Xdays have passed and the item is not sold. the item will be mailed and only 50% of the tax price will be returned.
- same rule for the type of item to be sold
- have a limited of item slots to sell, ( could be tied to MR rank or optional quest or items )
- ( Optional ) Items bought from Kiosk will become untradable Xdays or Xweeks. ( this is to prevent hoarders that buy all lows and sell it high. ) or this could be ignored since only unsold plats are allowed

Buyer
- Category and Searching of items is available.
- Only unsold Plats are usable.
- You must have enough credits to pay the Tax Price.
- upon completion of the payment the item will be mailed to you.
- You have limited times you can buy per day just like the trading.

3 hours ago, (PS4)wildcats1369my said:

Another thing it is a waste of chat space to those who do this
"WTS X Item PM ME"
selling something without a price is an automatic "scammer" to me and goes to the ignore bin.

LOL, Wut?  How is someone scamming you in that case?  I don't put my prices up.  If someone asks me how much, I tell them, as the seller should.  I fail to see the issue or how that makes me a scammer.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

LOL, Wut?  How is someone scamming you in that case?  I don't put my prices up.  If someone asks me how much, I tell them, as the seller should.  I fail to see the issue or how that makes me a scammer.

I said is a scammer to me.
it is my preferrence that if they dont put the price they are selling first, then they are trying to hike it more.

scammer might be a harsh word 
my apologies

3 minutes ago, (PS4)wildcats1369my said:

I said is a scammer to me.
it is my preferrence that if they dont put the price they are selling first, then they are trying to hike it more.

scammer might be a harsh word 
my apologies

Accepted.

In my experience, I've found it's easier to have a negotiation with someone if you can get them to PM you first.  That's why I don't put prices.  If I try to sell item X for some amount listed up front, I generally get less responses than if I don't put the price although YMMV.  Once people are talking, I can give them my price then look for counter offers.  I try to start with a reasonable price and then I'm usually willing to go down from there.  Please don't assume that people who have different methods of working the trade chat are up to nefarious deeds.

4 hours ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

Accepted.

In my experience, I've found it's easier to have a negotiation with someone if you can get them to PM you first.  That's why I don't put prices.  If I try to sell item X for some amount listed up front, I generally get less responses than if I don't put the price although YMMV.  Once people are talking, I can give them my price then look for counter offers.  I try to start with a reasonable price and then I'm usually willing to go down from there.  Please don't assume that people who have different methods of working the trade chat are up to nefarious deeds.

That's just it though when using trade chat you don't know who is and isn't scamming you you have no idea who you can and can't trust that's the problem that's why we need an action house

Edited by (XB1)RG Nadiko

On 10/9/2016 at 7:53 PM, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

You will find us console users want a better system alot more than the PC players. 

I find typing to be a serious problem....

5 minutes of typing.....

WTB x mod x prime x prime and WTS X mod X prime and x prime....

2 seconds later spammed off the screen......

Then you need to deal with idiots that try to change the prices on you once you begin to trade. Then the scammers that try to get you to trade things first lol.

Region Auction House

I always wanted to see a region based AH system. Of course they will need a cooldown time on region swapping i.e 48 hours to swap servers.

- Then set base amounts on what items are worth i.e bronze mods minimum sell price is 5P unless < event mod 25p , Prime Mod 50p minimum ( waves the 1 million+ trade tax ) all the way to 999,999 Platinum or 999,999 credits etc etc etc.

- Then you set it up so you can only place 2 at a time and it increases by 1 every 2 MR levels starting from MR5 onwars 7, 9 , 11 etc.

- Swapping items is done the current way to make that system still needed.

- Tax per item to draw platinum and credits out of the game i.e 10p buyout gives you 8 and 2 to DE or 100k gives you 80k so 20k tax.

- Setting items up for 24 - 48 -74 hours is also covered by the price of the Tax.

- To stop mass account botters MR5 is required to use the AH.

- AH based on Relays

- Standard filters i.e high - low / bid - buyout  etc.

Anyway you get the idea.... AH will be insanely helpful on consoles....

So over the current chat i can simply go to AH and see what i want.

Hells chamber 400k

Hells Chamber 10p 100k

Hell chamber 25p

521doi.jpg

make credit unmailable or tradable. nobody sell items with credits anyway. if they create multiple accounts just to trade they still have to play it to farm credits. tax should still apply for ah items.

mr rank for more items to put in ah is also a good idea.

49 minutes ago, (XB1)RG Nadiko said:

That's just it though when using trade chat you don't know who is and isn't scamming you you have no idea who you can and can't trust that's the problem that's why we need an action house

First off, can we stop talking about scamming over differences of price?  There are people on this game who actually do try to scam.  I've run into one myself.  Different selling prices are not scams, however.  If I sell something to you for 30p and you find out that someone else is selling it for 20p later, that doesn't mean that I've scammed you.

I do understand the frustration of trying to operate in a ever changing market.  There's always the chance that you're paying more than you need to for a certain item, and on the flip side you could be selling for cheaper than you could otherwise get.  I would council that you check available sources (like Warframe Market), keep an eye on the trade chat before making trades, and be patient.  An auction house might solve this particular issue, but could also raise other issues, as others have previously pointed out.

I had an Idea for an auction house but it was tied into the Dojo.  I got the idea while participating in a thread about making the Dojo a place to actually hang out at.  But in short... 

(Brief summery of the idea)

It would be cool if a clan can pull their Dojo out of hiding from the void.  When you do that everybody can see your dojo and fly into and the likes.  Clans can setup shops for their members so that they can put (however many the clan leaders decide) parts up for sale.

There is a cost to this however because after a given amount of time... the Dojo would become a target for one or more of the enemy factions.... the longer its out the more often and more intense the attacks become...

(End of Brief summery of the idea)

This IMHO would be a great way for a market to be introduced into a the game.  It gives you a place to go looking for stuff.  it isn't centralized so you don't have the entire player base flooding the market with all the parts. You have to fly into each dojo to see what they are selling and how much they are selling it for. It also keeps Trading chat relevant because maybe you don't want to fly from Dojo to Dojo looking for the best price on items if they even have the thing you are looking for.

Edited by (XB1)SickWicked

1 hour ago, (XB1)SickWicked said:

I had an Idea for an auction house but it was tied into the Dojo.  I got the idea while participating in a thread about making the Dojo a place to actually hang out at.  But in short... 

(Brief summery of the whole idea)

It would be cool if a clan can pull their Dojo out of hiding from the void.  When you do that everybody can see your dojo and fly into and the likes.  Clans can setup shops for their members so that they can put (however many the clan leaders decide) parts up for sale.

There is a cost to this however because after a given amount of time... the Dojo would become a target for one or more of the enemy factions.... the longer its out the more often and more intense the attacks become...

(End of Brief summery of the whole idea)

This IMHO would be a great way for a market to be introduced into a the game.  It gives you a place to go looking for stuff.  it isn't centralized so you don't have the entire player base flooding the market with all the parts. You have to fly into each dojo to see what they are selling and how much they are selling it for. It also keeps Trading chat relevant because maybe you don't want to fly from Dojo to Dojo looking for the best price on items if they even have the thing you are looking for.

Maybe you could addin the tax feature what ever amount of plat or credits are spent the clan leader gets a 5% as a tax rate

Edited by (XB1)RG Nadiko

1 hour ago, (XB1)RG Nadiko said:

Maybe you could addin the tax feature what ever amount of plat or credits are spent the clan leader gets a 5% as a tax rate

Agreed, There are many different things you could do with it. DE could allow each member of the clan to put up one or two items or they could cap the amount of items based on a clans percentage of members just a few ideas to throw out there.. There would be another room you would have to build with a number of kiosks and kiosk types you can build,  These these type of things managed by the Clan itself with the typical Clan permissions..  Taxes with the clan or just general Taxes on it from DE like the current trade taxes that we have..  The trade chat can be unavailable in the clans auction house by default or maybe the clan can decide if they want it to be available... etc.. etc...

I'll stop though... I don't want to go too off topic.. lol.

The short and the sweet of it IMO is, I feel like it provides an auction house while minimizing if not stopping some of the problems that can arise from a central Auction house... And prices would be set by the clan so there shouldn't be any undercutting when selling items and you only view what is in that clans auction house... Its not a view of the greater whole.

23 hours ago, (XB1)Wicked Vash said:

"standardizing" would not come from DE but players deciding how much an item is worth, a baseline if you will on what someone is willing to put forward for an item. I am not talking price restrictions or limitations, but a player consensus on what value an item has based upon by them actually buying it at that price range.

There already is a concensus, but as stated by so many others; sellers will always inflate, buyers will always deflate. Learn to barter, ask around for a PC and use warframe.market.

As people have said in this thread, I think there are a ton of issues that would go into doing this. A simpler system would be if, in addition to trade chat and warframe.market, there was an in-game list where you simply put up what you wanted to sell and for how much. Someone sees it, decides they like the price, and the trade goes through without the seller or a dojo ever being personally involved. You can log in later and find that someone bought your item for your stated price, and you now have some plat.

It's kinda an auction house, but no different from warframe.market, just better integrated into the game.

Edited by abstractwhiz

I'd love an auction house.

I don't like trading. I've bought a couple of things I really want but that's the last time i'll do it. It took 4 days to get the 3 parts I wanted. Messaging people, them being busy, them messaging back, me being busy, missing each other being online .... it was a painful experience.

6 hours ago, abstractwhiz said:

As people have said in this thread, I think there are a ton of issues that would go into doing this. A simpler system would be if, in addition to trade chat and warframe.market, there was an in-game list where you simply put up what you wanted to sell and for how much. Someone sees it, decides they like the price, and the trade goes through without the seller or a dojo ever being personally involved. You can log in later and find that someone bought your item for your stated price, and you now have some plat.

It's kinda an auction house, but no different from warframe.market, just better integrated into the game.

Sounds like an auction house buddy lol

Personally never gonna defend something that guives riches just by manipulating the market like some other online games have but alas :/

How to survive trading in warframe: Dont be cheap... Dont be greedy...

Be too cheap and you can be garanteed that you wont find the item you seek that easly.

Be too greedy and odds are you will get out of that trade "empty" handed.

When buying bear in mind your buying that item for a reason and that you will spend plat on it!. Plat doesnt grow in trees.

For selling try to advertize what you think a fellow tenno could be interested for a reasonable price. If none or in doubt what to sell just pay attention to chat. Odds are someone may appear looking for stuff you have and dont need or have spares.

Eversince fissure the market does feel sometimes harder to earn something or "harsher" for those tight on plat but with a little patience and luck we all make it.

If looking for something and no luck in any way, try in weekends, more people in = more chances to find someone with what you need ;)

I still think an auction house would be a much better system. I don't like trading face to face I just want to see a list of sellers compare prices.and buy the most decently priced item or view a list of sellers with there prices. and know how much I should undercut now granted I'm that guy in the AH no one likes. because I'm the one who will undercut by 1 plat just to be a turd. and get my item to sell first I mean it's still the cheapest item lol. and then you have a choice you can undercut me at which point I buy your item and put it back up for my price. 

or you can just buy my item out right and put it back up for your price. now to me that sounds like allot more fun then enters trade chat all caps. want to sell Paris prime set 40p an hour latter. want to sell Paris prime set another hour latter any one want a Paris prime. goes to grab dinner an hour latter still trying sell Paris prime eventually your just tiered of trying and a week or so will go by and that same Paris p sets still sitting in your bags and you figure meh it's been a week maybe I should try to sell my Paris p set again and the  cycle begins again

In my opinion an AH is like a marketing mini game with in the game if your a smart enough player like my self who knows how to play the market you can make some good plat

I spit on the current trade system I refuse to use it I would rather buy my plat with cash out right the current system is garbage 

in all honesty other then clans what's warframe really got going for it and I ask because there is no end game in sight so no matter how many of you keep fighting against an AH the game needs one badly not just for  convenience but also to bring substance to the game in reality it's more playable content some thing you can do on a daily bases tiered of doing missions all the time let's take a break and head to the auction house and work the market for a bit

I'm honestly sick and tiered of just chillin on my ship for several hours because my clans basically waiting for DE to bring rail battles back is it wrong for me to want some thing do in the game other then constantly spamming mission after mission  

Edited by (XB1)RG Nadiko

Eh. Some items are worth more to some than they are for the others. I am a cheapskate myself so I prefer "like-kind exchange" method. Mod for another mod (or more), prime part for another (or more, depending on the rarity). I tend to use platinum just to make up the difference when we can't agree on the exact prices to smooth it out. Of course, being a member of a clan that is a part of a bigger alliance helps with it a lot. I generally don't even need to use trade chat. Get social, people! :)

Personally I think having an auction house would make the plat farming bots move from game to the auction houses and hike the prices up by "ninjaing" all the cheaper trade offers and reposting them at their own price, in hopes of making easy plat for practically no effort. Over time it would make getting anything at all at a reasonable price impossible while your chat window is flooded with private message spam from plat sellers as soon as they find out your username.

I'd rather keep the trade as a more personal thing. It is just the users that need to learn some manners and patience instead of spamming their message 10 times over in a row. It is the "ME ME ME ME AND THEN ME AGAIN!" mentality the traders usually have which is the problem, not the system itself. If the trade chat had a limitation for one message per minute(or two) per user it would make it much easier on the eyes. Of course this would mean you would need to stretch the chat window to make it all fit. Separating "WTB" and "WTS" channels to their own channels would help a lot too. 

When trading, if you aren't happy with the price, try to haggle a bit, but don't harass the other player and don't be ridiculous and insult the seller by offering "pocket change" for a valuable item. It is amazing how having some manners can make the experience so much easier for all parties involved.

And what it comes to typing... if you are planning on typing a lot in trade chat and you are on a console, you may want to invest into a cheap wired or wireless keyboard/mouse combo to make it as easy as possible.

A clan/alliance trading post where you could put up items for sale at your on price and that would record the offers made for the items would be a good compromise.

Edited by SoanoS

On 10/10/2016 at 7:52 PM, Lyravain said:

There already is a concensus, but as stated by so many others; sellers will always inflate, buyers will always deflate. Learn to barter, ask around for a PC and use warframe.market.

I am not seeing this tied into the console version. I understand pc is different and you have resources, but console does not and we have to deal with CoD style players, the trolls and the scammers. Our trade section is a horrible, horrible mess and we need some sort of system to clear things up. A trade kiosk like @(PS4)wildcats1369my mentioned is perfect and the same way other MMOs handled it. Final Fantasy 11 is the perfect example and handled it the same way. I have tried other market sites for Warframe to get prices and all console traders refuse to acknowledge any site as having accurate prices of any kind.

40 minutes ago, (XB1)Wicked Vash said:

I am not seeing this tied into the console version. I understand pc is different and you have resources, but console does not and we have to deal with CoD style players, the trolls and the scammers. Our trade section is a horrible, horrible mess and we need some sort of system to clear things up. A trade kiosk like @(PS4)wildcats1369my mentioned is perfect and the same way other MMOs handled it. Final Fantasy 11 is the perfect example and handled it the same way. I have tried other market sites for Warframe to get prices and all console traders refuse to acknowledge any site as having accurate prices of any kind.

Pretty much every thing he just said

20 hours ago, abstractwhiz said:

That is the exact definition of an auction house and it is a system that could work on console, which is what we really need.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Wicked Vash said:

That is the exact definition of an auction house and it is a system that could work on console, which is what we really need.

That's what I said but people aren't listening the moment people hear the words Auction House a red flag goes up and there like no and they get all defensive and start fighting against it

Another "we need auction house" thread... 

We really don't, and I'm usually the one buying. There are many reasons to not have one, a good number of which are already mentioned this thread. We have online marketplaces already. Takes about a minute to find a seller. And it's easy to avoid price gougers, scams there.

1 hour ago, RacerDelux said:

Another "we need auction house" thread... 

We really don't, and I'm usually the one buying. There are many reasons to not have one, a good number of which are already mentioned this thread. We have online marketplaces already. Takes about a minute to find a seller. And it's easy to avoid price gougers, scams there.

Dude the current system is bull crap no one wants to constantly switch regions to find a buyer I don't care what any one says I will continue to fight for an auction house no matter what you say an AH is all around a better system why you people keep fighting against it and making up excuses as to why you personally don't want an all around better system is beyond me no matter what you say all the pros of an AH Far out weigh the cons the currant trade system is terrible how can you fight for a an outdated and broken system over a new and far  superior system just blows me away 

The truth is an Auction House will bring back lost veteran players who have left the game and increase overall player base and it gives us some thing to do instead of just sitting on our ships all day typing WTB/WTS X item for X amount Plat  especially Since those  of us on console can't copy past like those of you on pc not only that but it would also give us an actual economy which We don't currently have by the way