The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DRAGON NIKANA PRIME

Jim22

No, we already have nikana prime, we don't need a primed variant of that. Dragon nikana is just an alt variant that was honestly a mistake, People are too attached to it and when nikana prime came out / was announced threw all dragon nikana users into a loop of it made dragon nikana pointless / useless rebuff dragon nikana / etc.

Long story short, No.

4 hours ago, Cmdr-A said:

No, we already have nikana prime, we don't need a primed variant of that. Dragon nikana is just an alt variant that was honestly a mistake, People are too attached to it and when nikana prime came out / was announced threw all dragon nikana users into a loop of it made dragon nikana pointless / useless rebuff dragon nikana / etc.

Long story short, No.

I'm glad there's at least one other person out there that agrees with me on this. People are so hung up on it having a "cool" name that they don't seem to care about the weapon itself. The prime version can equip the alternate sheath skins, is more ornate default, and has better stats, but people are still hung up on the word dragon. There are requests for more dragon weapons too. There's not even any dragon-like design elements in play. It's just the name.

Per topic: No, there should never be a dragon nikana prime. That's like asking for a dex sybaris prime rather than just a sybaris prime. There shouldn't be multiple prime versions of the same thing because it's redundant and pointless.

Teshin has Dual-Nikanas.

Spoiler

We'll probably see these in action since in the TWW trailer Teshin was fighting and using them.

So maybe we'll have Dual-Nikanas someday but I hope for no more Prime Nikanas.

Just think about it: The Nikana Prime itself is pretty rare and expensive (200 Plat, as I can remember) and it is not even vaulted. It'll be around 1000 Plat when it gets vaulted (just like Ember). And now imagine Dragon Nikana Prime. How rare / expensive would it be? Since it is a direct upgrade to the Nikana Prime, it should be also even harder to get. And also the Dragon Nikana is nothing else than the normal Nikana, just upgraded. People would probably complain about that... The only thing I could imagine would be the Dual-Nikanas Prime since these would be the same like Nikana Prime, just you can use 2 at once. That is not an upgraded version (how I mentioned with the Dragon Nikana before) but just an additional Nikana for you to use. You get my point of view?

And also since China got Excalibur Umbra with Nikana Prime (and Spira Prime but nobody cares about these) as a Founder Pack, I would expect to have some sort of ''Dragon Nikana Umbra'' when we (everybody else beyond China) will also get Excalibur Umbra. In 2017, I think.

But we don't need even more powercreep since Normal Nikana Prime is good enough.

2 hours ago, Fearlessmutt said:

Crafting requires 2 Dragon nikanas, 2 nikanas prime, 2 umbra nikanas and a chroma... because Dragon!

Hide contents

Also 30 prime nitain

Dual Dex Wraith Vandal Dragon Ninkana Umbra Prime! 

Note attached MC Hammer Style - "You Can't Craft This"