Community Spotlight: The Raid School Bus

[DE]Taylor

Alright, not to come off as an attacker or anything, but a few things about the Raid bus have gotten me on my toes recently.

I honestly thought of hitting these guys up and seeing out the community, but from all around me, I hear only negative experiences, such as the Founder's behavior towards other Tenno, has circled about and made it in to my attention, and that, among the other reasons(or rumors) of the Raid bus being quite harsh to people if they screw something up, and not just from one person.

I really had wishes to look in to the community a bit deeper, but the aforementioned reasons have kept me well away from it, whilst I'm sure some of the rumors are just that, but rumors always start from something. 

And generally the Raid bus is not very well received in other parts of the community either.

But, they got a spotlight, maybe it'll be worth my time to look in to this community?

1 minute ago, okinolas said:

...I hear only negative experiences, such as the Founder's behavior towards other Tenno, has circled about and made it in to my attention, and that, among the other reasons(or rumors) of the Raid bus being quite harsh to people if they screw something up, and not just from one person

To clarify: When DE says "founders" in the spotlight, they mean founders of the Raid School Bus, not players that are Founders for Warframe.

If you, or anyone else, has issues with our Veteran volunteers, contact the admins right away. We moderate our community and strongly discourage attacking players for making mistakes while learning the Trials. That said, we can't oversee everything and make sure that everyone plays along nicely (which is why you should contact us if it happens).

I'd encourage you to join in on a bus run to learn more about the Trials and experience what we're offering first hand.

9 minutes ago, okinolas said:

I honestly thought of hitting these guys up and seeing out the community, but from all around me, I hear only negative experiences, such as the Founder's behavior towards other Tenno, has circled about and made it in to my attention, and that, among the other reasons(or rumors) of the Raid bus being quite harsh to people if they screw something up, and not just from one person.

As some who joined raid bus community recently (couple of weeks ago) and have done raids with people there everyday since, I have to say I can't imagine where these rumors are coming from. I've done multiple JV raid buses with different bus drivers(raid leader/teacher) and veterans. I've never experienced situation where more experienced people have attacked/harassed/yelled at less experienced players, even for making a mistake they were instructed not to do. Also I've seen real patience with some bus drivers when people they are trying to teach can't follow instructions to save their life and just run around. I've also done LoR/LoRNM daily sometimes even more, never seen anything to suggest negative behavior from raid bus vets/leaders. I have to say I'm glad I'm not that involved with warframe community in general, if people are spreading malicious rumors about great service like raid school bus.

@TGDM already said it better than I could in regard to Okino's post. If there's an issue, the only way for us to deal with it is if someone tells us about it (and don't forget to screenshot)

For anyone new joining, welcome to the community and feel free to ask me any questions, either in this thread or via PM!

Edited by Venn2

2 hours ago, okinolas said:

As a member of that community who often raids there, I can say that I've never really seen that. I've been on a few buses (to help), and never seen anyone be disrespectful towards someone learning the raid. In addition to the buses, there's also a section of the community that just goes there to raid. Some of them aren't too experienced, and some are grizzled vets, but I've never seen someone disrespect someone else because they weren't experienced.

Btw, the raiding community there is large and active. Today at about 6 am there was an LoR going on. I did my raids last night at about 2am, and during the day there are multiple buses. There's always some people looking to raid, and there's almost always a veteran around.

I raid daily, and with only a handful of exceptions, I've never encountered a group that was disrespectful towards someone. The exceptions being 2 people who, on separate occasions, did some actions that warranted their removal from the community. The first got pissed that we weren't speedrunning JV, and decided to sabotage the raid by shooting all the spores, and the second was disrespectful in general, and tended to get into fights with just about everyone.

Beyond that, smooth sailing.

Edited by DeltaPhantom

14 minutes ago, DeltaPhantom said:

The exceptions being 2 people who, on separate occasions, did some actions that warranted their removal from the community.

And let's just highlight the fact that they were, in fact, removed. People are people, and some people are jerks, but this community works to keep that out.

The Raid School Bus is a an awesome community. I started playing with the group 2 weeks ago because of the recommendation of a friend. It's fun and everyone really helps out. The daily dose of raiding through this community is amazing. They even allow anyone to fill up a group even if your a newbie but needs to have enough vets, just like how I started. I was able to digest most of it in 1 run and watched a video to get an idea before jumping to a bus. The bus helped answering questions during the raid itself and tips for easy clearance.