The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons that fall short on stats

Beggining

Have you ever had that feeling when you get a fresh new weapon out of the Foundry, only to find that it is rather underwhelming on the fields?

What weapons do you like that fails to deliver, due to its stats?

For me, it has to be the Tiberon: it has that 'marksmen' look and it is so damn accurate, but not focusing on either crits or status meant that it falls short rather quickly.

hm..

the onlyst 2 weapon s which i first thought were underwhelming, where latter one of my favorit weapons... i still use them.

lacera i first thought is bad, no nearly as good as mios, but after using it for a few days i prefered the lacera more then the mios.

othere one was spira, nearly impossible to hit acurate on longer distance, because it never hits where the rectangle shows... untili went closer to throw it faster . had a lot of fun with them since release.

oh, wait, there was one, spira (kunai) prime. but iam propably the only one who has problems with it

Silva and Aegis. Not enough damage. Compounded by the fact I can't get Final Harbinger to drop. Yet somehow it's still my third most used melee... I guess I just really want to like it. 

I would definitely like a better Tiberon, but I think it should have a variant, Prime, Wraith, or something. The original is pretty good on starchart finite duration missions. 

Edited by KinetosImpetus
Daleks

1 minute ago, KinetosImpetus said:

I would definitely like a better Tiberon, but I think it should have a variant, Prime, Wraith, or something. The original is pretty good on starchart finite duration missions. 

Yeah, it's very lucky that the Tiberon has decent damage and is primarily Puncture. Let's hope for a better version that will improve it's viability :)

18 minutes ago, Beggining said:

Haven't tried the Spira yet, but I can understand Lacera. I still use it because it's a really good status weapon and because of it looks (It's a giant bloody scissors!) :D

yop, lacera is great, especially the range and speed on the 100% stat is nice. also the charged quick attack...

but spira. is a bit strange. every shot hits either to low or to high from where you aim, because different hands.

and compared to the spira (kuai) prime... its strange. you expect some fine arm long blades and the prime suddenly is a kunai with a dril on top (also in china they are called kunai prime) and the handling and feeling is nothing like the spira...

the spira prime disapointment already started on the first time i saw them with the picture of kunai prime.

Edited by DeFragMe
smarphone

25 minutes ago, Beggining said:

Have you ever had that feeling when you get a fresh new weapon out of the Foundry, only to find that it is rather underwhelming on the fields?

What weapons do you like that fails to deliver, due to its stats?

For me, it has to be the Tiberon: it has that 'marksmen' look and it is so damn accurate, but not focusing on either crits or status meant that it falls short rather quickly.

Way back in U17 days Tiberon was a beast. I talking about when Soma Prime and Boltor Prime where at the top of the meta. But since then enemy levels normalized to 80-100 and that is the exact level Tiberon fell off when Endless missions where are only endgame.

A Prisma/Prime Tiberon can't come soon enough.

Latron is another weapon that used to be good but can't keep up with the meta. But the one weapon I remember having the most disappointment with getting from the Foundry was Pantera. Miter was a grind to get when I was first playing. Then I used it to build Pantera and that gun felt worse than Mitler.

Akbronco Prime due to it's low magazine (supposed to be 8 atm, but that is probably still not enough) and relatively slow reload speed. 

Also the Kohm, which doesn't work well as a status shotgun, because of how status works on shotguns. It has the physical damage stats of a rifle aswell, while it seems DE forgot how pellets divide the damage.

Edited by Madway7

2 minutes ago, (XB1)FlutterSadistic said:

There is also the Harpak, aka the harpoon gun that everyone forgot about. I thought it was an awesome idea for a weapon..just abit lacking.

Major issue with it being you're using a harpoon gun in game game where it's likely 10 or more enemies will be coming at you at a time.

28 minutes ago, (XB1)FlutterSadistic said:

Let us cry together my ninja brother :(

Actually, Hate and Reaper Prime are decent. Did you see Hate's crit? 

Though both need forma on stance slot. Reaping Spiral is awful

Edited by Slaviar

11 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

Also the Kohm, which doesn't work well as a status shotgun, because of how status works on shotguns. It has the physical damage stats of a rifle aswell, while it seems DE forgot how pellets divide the damage.

"Ahh, Koh, or some say Kohm...do you hear our salt? No, we will not abandon the hype. No one can catch us, no one can stop us (complaining) now!"

True, I always treat it like it was Gorgon 2.0 i.e. a machine gun XD it waste a LOT of ammo, but damn if it wasn't fun.

Convectrix! I love that thing. I expected it to be a Corpus version of the Phage. I mean, they called it a shotgun, but whilst all other 'shotguns' got major buffs, little Trixie got nothing. It's too ammo-wastey since it keeps firing even after you let go of the trigger and its damage too low for its own sake. I still gave it Forma though.

I was disappointed in the Stradavar.  I loved the idea of rifle that could change from full auto to semi-auto and have its stats change between the two modes.  But then it turned out that there was not much of a reason to use full auto; as semi-auto gives you increased damage, crit. chance, and status chance.  I wish full auto mode had the greater status chance, rather than semi-auto mode.

2 minutes ago, CrazyCortex said:

Got to give it to the seer. I love the way it looks but it's only ever good for lols on low level missions. It's practically suicide to bring it in a pistol only sortie. I still love mine, this thread reminded me to take it out for a spin now.

Oh man, I have bad memories of farming for the Seer and trying to level it now...

Really like the Grineer-Orokin look and the zoom made it good for sniping, but it had no crits. At. All.

41 minutes ago, (XB1)FlutterSadistic said:

Hate, I really wanted this scythe to be good...its not,,,RIP Nekros prime fashion frame idea for me ;-;

But..but scythes got a buff sine time ago. More crit and base dmg i think. Btw theres No End game atm i think Tybetu could keep up on i.e sortie.

Gonna try and test my hate this weekend 

15 minutes ago, Beggining said:

Oh man, I have bad memories of farming for the Seer and trying to level it now...

Really like the Grineer-Orokin look and the zoom made it good for sniping, but it had no crits. At. All.

Last time i tried the seer at least worked until saturn. There the problems started when the alarm was triggered...

but still, it doesnt feel as strange as the switch from a Mk-1 Braton to a normal Braton.... its like a real shocker to see more damage, but suddenly beeing unable to hit on medium range, where as you hit before perfectly the target. And did i already mentioned the lower magazin size?

And i just remembered another weapon where i was partly disapointed, the dayku. Nice concept, acceptable damage, but unusable for most missions because of the charge time.

Edited by DeFragMe

13 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

Can I mention the plasma sword?

There is a lot of older weapons which is dissapointing but the plasma sword is just a thing which no real use in this game. Low status for an elemental only damage weapon, bad hit range and terribly slow. 

Maaaaybe they'll buff the plasma sword because it was showcased in The War Within trailer? :D

......I'm kidding, of course.