The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons that fall short on stats

Beggining

11 minutes ago, Beggining said:

Maaaaybe they'll buff the plasma sword because it was showcased in The War Within trailer? :D

......I'm kidding, of course.

Yep but sadly nope. Another my mention is the mire which is a fine sword but the major problem it does mediocre damage only. The toxic damage is nice and can you combine with electric and make instant a corrosive sword but the status and the crit is not so great on it. Biggest advantages it's speed which is very fine for a one handed sword. 

I can also agree with the Tiberon, great lookin weapon but no choice to make it crit or status only just for raw damage which is itself not enough in the higher levels.

Then I didn't say anything about glaives, machetes and a lot of class which needs some buff.

That is sad for me such a nice looking sword like dual ether and ether sword deals very low damage. The only nice in the speed and the bonus against infested but otherwise that is not so useful in high levels aswell.

Edited by Sziklamester

Most disappointing weapons so far:

Miter -- shooting saw blades was an awesome concept but execution fell flat. I thought that might be intentional to give a reason to use the Panthera 'upgrade' but the Panthera was just equally bad. 

Harpak -- same thing, sucked in by the gimmick of the harpoon secondary, but then ended up just being trash by 30. 

Lesson learned, gimmicks are only for fun. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)HAHAHA-OH-WOW said:

Most disappointing weapons so far:

Miter -- shooting saw blades was an awesome concept but execution fell flat. I thought that might be intentional to give a reason to use the Panthera 'upgrade' but the Panthera was just equally bad. 

Harpak -- same thing, sucked in by the gimmick of the harpoon secondary, but then ended up just being trash by 30. 

Lesson learned, gimmicks are only for fun. 

And there the Heliocor ist looking sad at you... together with the Telos Boltace and the other ones with a small extra gimmick....

but seriously, yes. Most extra effekts are unerwhelming.

Panthera for example is only usefull in close combat but wastes nearly instantly all his ammo...

And noone so far knows if the Secura Lecta even is working as intended... at least not that i know.

21 minutes ago, bejuizb said:

Damn near all weapons from a year or two ago, even worse for weapons older than that. Power creep is a very fun thing. Ruins every weapon I once adored. 

Well, thats because you follow the meta, those weapons didn't get nerfed. I still use a lot of different weapons, Ogris still has most of my kills and I still use it.

1 hour ago, S0V3REiGN said:

Well, thats because you follow the meta, those weapons didn't get nerfed. I still use a lot of different weapons, Ogris still has most of my kills and I still use it.

I don't follow any set meta. I make my own builds and weapon choices. Doesn't change the fact that you put yourself at a distinct disadvantage for using older gear compared to newer ones.

Latrons.

If Latron Prime have 20% base crit and Latron Wraith have 65 base damage,

they can be at least in the "Very cool tier", which just under the "Top of the guns" group, but they aren't.

And Stradavar...I really hope I can get Stradavar Prime in the near future, which greatly buffed in crit/proc.

Sicarus Prime - Needs more base damage and maybe an extra 5% status chance boost. For being *the* primed burst pistol its in a sad state.

Glaxion - Triple the base damage and cut the fire rate down to say 40% of what is is currently and it would suddenly be a lot more viable.

Any and all glaive weapons... But most especially the Primed one. Actually usable melee damage so its not just a throw or do nothing category. Yes I get it the thrown explosion damage is good stuff once you've shoved 2+ mods to that effect in there, but if we could actually have a shot at using that Astral Twilight and other stuff without it only tickling the enemy? That would be a great QoL improvement.

6 hours ago, Beggining said:

Have you ever had that feeling when you get a fresh new weapon out of the Foundry, only to find that it is rather underwhelming on the fields?

What weapons do you like that fails to deliver, due to its stats?

For me, it has to be the Tiberon: it has that 'marksmen' look and it is so damn accurate, but not focusing on either crits or status meant that it falls short rather quickly.

95% of the weapons in this game

4 hours ago, CRCGamer said:

Glaxion - Triple the base damage and cut the fire rate down to say 40% of what is is currently and it would suddenly be a lot more viable.

Ah, crap, is it a bad weapon? I was looking forward to making one because those Corpus capture targets keep killing me with it. That thing is OP. Then again, Kraken is OP in the hands of the Seeker, so maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up...

Not really. The only weapon I don't like due to underwhelming stats is the plasma sword. The rest of the weapons listed here I think are good, but I actually take time to put forma into all of my stuff. Most people just level things and then throw them away. Then they complain they don't have enough weapons.

22 minutes ago, Beggining said:

Ah, crap, is it a bad weapon? I was looking forward to making one because those Corpus capture targets keep killing me with it. That thing is OP. Then again, Kraken is OP in the hands of the Seeker, so maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up...

No, its not a bad weapon. Try it yourself and make your own conclusions. You can make anything viable really. Just takes time and forma.

14 minutes ago, Beggining said:

The damage isn't the problem. The problem is the ammo efficiency is so bad you can't keep it fed with an ammo mutation. It has a 300 round magazine, 1500 ammo reserve... fire-rate base of 20/sec. A single rifle ammo pickup is 20 rounds as we all know, but it often takes 2-3 seconds to kill any eximus, nullifier, or otherwise heavy unit in a crowd with some effects in play... And at sortie levels that goes upto perhaps 5 seconds to hose down a heavy gunner in Sortie 3. 100 rounds of ammo for a SINGLE target, and thus we hit the issue.

Even with my suggestion it would still be a bit hungry, but you could at least keep the darn thing up for longer than a couple minutes of sustained fire.

Stradavar looks so nice, and I love the way it sounds and handles, but it under-performs quite heavily compared to literally all of my other AR weapons.

Daggers + Dual Daggers. Just all of them, they're sad.

Silva and Aegis. 'nuff said.

Dual Toxocyst feels awful.

Akjagara

Twin Vipers Wraith

Sarpa. Despite all the hype, it was just bad. I hate everything about its existence. 

Telos/Boltor

Boar

Tetra

Any Sniper

Ogris

Akzani

Twin Gremlins

Just....lots. Lots of weapons are disappointing. On the bright side, lots of weapons perform far better than I expected them to and I really fell in love with some of them. Like Grinlok. I love that gun and I expected to hate it.

1 hour ago, Eminem2420 said:

No, its not a bad weapon. Try it yourself and make your own conclusions. You can make anything viable really. Just takes time and forma.

True that: all weapons can be good with a little bit of investment. However, base stats affect to how much you can invest on the weapon...

Eh, I'll still go with whatever I like anyway :p

1 hour ago, Eminem2420 said:

5 forma glaxion player here.

It IS bad. Very bad and definitely not viable for everything past lvl 50. But i forma'd it because it can actually kill when using chroma and it looks cool seeing all the enemies explode in ice.

Well, there are a lot of weapons in this game that do fall short on paper. A lot. In fact, it would be much easier to name the stuff that doesn't struggle as the list is significantly shorter. However, it doesn't mean that those weapons aren't usable.

Ever since the Void rework the "endgame" has changed. No longer are endless missions the daily grind and lvl 100+ corrupted enemies a regular foe. The highest level content we have these days is Sorties and Trials, which are a little more forgiving in regards to weapons (provided the Sortie doesn't directly take away your choice). With the help of a few Forma, pretty much any gun can be made into a decent weapon capable of getting through 90% of Warframe's content.

That doesn't mean those weapons don't need an overhaul though, because they still do.

Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Venka Panthera. 

1 hour ago, Beggining said:

XD

I'd rather have them remove MK1 stuff and add MR as appropriate to the starchart, to be honest. It gimps the newbies.

I would not say these weapons bad except the lato which does very little damage. This weapon need a lot of forma to be viable. The mk1 braton often outperform the regular braton because of the better accuracy and higher magazine and there is little differences in fire rate and damage atleast u can build on slash. Mk1 bo is almost the regular one only 5 dmg minus but good status and crit on it. The mk1 Paris also have its uses. Better status than regular and better the charge only disadvantages the damage output but can carry Peoples up to 40-50 levels.

Edited by Sziklamester