Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaros Alt Helm WIP (concept)

10 minutes ago, fredaven said:

really liking the front view. but the moment it goes to a sideview you lost me...feels..droopy and a bit to phallic

A lot of things look phallic if you look hard enough but I think I see your point, the slight downward curve it has is mostly just sloppy sculpting on my part.

1 hour ago, Imaru said:

The profile reminds me of Zephyr. Not a bad thing perse, but it seems more akin to her helmets than Inaros's. 

Noted, I'm gonna try out some different shapes for the nose/mouth, wouldn't want it to look too similar to the Anubis helmet though.

1 hour ago, SenorClipClop said:

Good start, I think it'll start to really shine once you get some detailing in there. If you're going for an animal-headed god thing, I would recommend making it look a little more Thoth-y.

Like a straight up ibis beak? Not too sure if it fits Inaros that well but we'll see.

1 hour ago, Artarrwen said:

A lot of things look phallic if you look hard enough but I think I see your point, the slight downward curve it has is mostly just sloppy sculpting on my part.

Noted, I'm gonna try out some different shapes for the nose/mouth, wouldn't want it to look too similar to the Anubis helmet though.

Like a straight up ibis beak? Not too sure if it fits Inaros that well but we'll see.

Yeah you can see ***s everywhere for sure. I think its the droopyness. You got this very aggresive look from the front that looks great. then the sideview just looks a bit off. Could be the curvature in combination  with the thickness

11 hours ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

Why a i getting the worst kind of flashbacks from star wars when i aw that helmet? It looks nice but...when i look at it it makes me think of Jar Jar Binks...and thats never a good thing lol.

Yeah, was thinking the same like "Is that you Jar Jar?". Except the fact, I liked Jar Jar.

7 hours ago, Omni_Omega said:

Is there any inspiration behind this? It has a very unique shape

no not at all why do you ask

12 hours ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

Why a i getting the worst kind of flashbacks from star wars when i aw that helmet? It looks nice but...when i look at it it makes me think of Jar Jar Binks...and thats never a good thing lol.

1 hour ago, Kuestenjung said:

Yeah, was thinking the same like "Is that you Jar Jar?". Except the fact, I liked Jar Jar.

I can't help you.

First thing i saw :/

Jaajr2.jpg

also i think Set is a touch close to Anubis, and for that would be hard to get a serious consideration since he has that one already. something more like Apophis or Sobek (or Heket, you know if you dont mind him having the head of a female lel) i think would be a better direction.

outside of that the general look is a good start :)

3 hours ago, TheyreFood said:

also i think Set is a touch close to Anubis, and for that would be hard to get a serious consideration since he has that one already. something more like Apophis or Sobek (or Heket, you know if you dont mind him having the head of a female lel) i think would be a better direction.

outside of that the general look is a good start :)

I know what you are saying but Artarrwen has proven that he knows what he is doing and I would bet that this will be a new helmet of him that will make it into the game.

Remember that the helmet is not finished yet.

On 10/3/2016 at 1:57 AM, Kuestenjung said:

I know what you are saying but Artarrwen has proven that he knows what he is doing and I would bet that this will be a new helmet of him that will make it into the game.

Remember that the helmet is not finished yet.

i do not doubt that at all, but just saying its like, why have two dog like helms for one frame? unless this gets massive amounts of community votes i just dont see it making it in, (that is not to say it wont be worth being in), just because of how closely the theme is to a helm the same frame already has