Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PC and Steam

KotoKuraken

Question

Will Steam items ever be available for PC users who don't use Steam to operate Warframe?

I've been wanting to buy the Teplo syandana (the one that has a giant bundle of cloth, like this) but I can't access the Steam store. The internet I use to play Warframe blocks Steam, so I'm basically forced to run Warframe without the Steam plugin if I want to play at all

11 answers to this question

No because we can buy Platinum at discounted prices, and if we bought them with that Platinum, it would mean a loss of money for someone involved: either Valve, DE or the creator of the item. Due to legal repercussions, the one taking the hit would certainly be DE themselves.

Regrettably, it seems as though Tennogen items won't be available to non-Steam users, despite them repeatedly stating their intention was otherwise.

This is one of the few times DE has genuinely disappointed me; basically Steam Workshop allowed a convenient platform for them to get Tennogen running, and they've allowed themselves to be bound by legalities that make them Steam exclusive. The players are basically suffering because the devs made a compromise that convenienced them.

At least that's how I perceive it. I can't make any definitive statements on DE's intentions.

36 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Regrettably, it seems as though Tennogen items won't be available to non-Steam users, despite them repeatedly stating their intention was otherwise.

This is one of the few times DE has genuinely disappointed me; basically Steam Workshop allowed a convenient platform for them to get Tennogen running, and they've allowed themselves to be bound by legalities that make them Steam exclusive. The players are basically suffering because the devs made a compromise that convenienced them.

At least that's how I perceive it. I can't make any definitive statements on DE's intentions.

i like how its still DE that disappoints you

1 hour ago, KotoKuraken said:

The internet I use to play Warframe blocks Steam, so I'm basically forced to run Warframe without the Steam plugin if I want to play at all

this is very interesting as I have never heard of someplace blocking Steam, please do elaborate on that point some more

7 hours ago, DogManDan said:

this is very interesting as I have never heard of someplace blocking Steam, please do elaborate on that point some more

Of course.

I'm studying Networking at a university and use their free internet, which blocks Steam to cut down on traffic congestion. I can't afford internet at my apartment since the ISPs charge around 50 bucks a month for the basic data package (5 Mbps) with 150 upfront, which would make using Steam cost me around 600 dollars yearly.

I simply can't afford that on min wage, so I make do with what I have.

Edited by KotoKuraken
Grammar and Tentacles

Personally I feel that it would be a very large thing to work around to change this currently working system where everyone can submit their art and earn their respective part from it to a system in game where platinum prices need to be converted to the amount of profit the artists make. 

I know the current situation ain't ideal, but it's one which works and has brought us some nice items in the game. 

2 hours ago, KotoKuraken said:

Of course.

I'm studying Networking at a university and use their free internet, which blocks Steam to cut down on traffic congestion. I can't afford internet at my apartment since the ISPs charge around 50 bucks a month for the basic data package (5 Mbps) with 150 upfront, which would make using Steam cost me around 600 dollars yearly.

I simply can't afford that on min wage, so I make do with what I have.

that is great of you to be in school and studying Networking first of all; but it does suck that they block Steam.