Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking for new frame

(PSN)iDeukalion

Question

21 answers to this question

The closest thing to either Volt or Limbo due to their ability to defend areas and objects. Be warned though, neither is health/armor tank and require usage of their abilities to withstand serious damage.

If you are looking for tanks specifically then go with anything that has significant armor. Valkyr, Inaros, Atlas, Chroma (especially ice form).

Wukong is also a very survivable frame. He frankly can't die if you have energy unless you really do something stupid.

Edited by Insizer

5 minutes ago, (PS4)iDeukalion said:

Something like frost.. which one should I get ?

Something like Frost... that's kind of hard to find because there really is no other Warframe like him.

People tend to use Limbo for Defense missions, especially when the missions involves protecting a person.  They usually send the person into the void so that nothing can damage him.  You could use Volt for his Electric Shields, but they are nothing compared to Snow Globe. 

Some tanky frames I know of are Rhino, Valkyr, and Trinity.  Yes, Trinity can be very, very tanky.  In fact, when I play her on a squad, I usually take the most damage without bleeding out or dying.  Use Energy Vampire to get yourself some energy and Link to protect yourself from 75% of damage coming your way.  Valkyr is a tank designed to deal heavy damage.  Rhino is simply indestructible. 

The answer to this depends entirely how you're playing Frost.

Frost is one of the rare occasions when all of his abilities are useful in majority of situations. Many frames end up with 1 or 2 good abilities and the rest are useless.

Ember is for instance does good damage to low level enemies but nearly nothing to higher level. Ability damage in general does not scale unless it has weapon mods attached to it's mechanic. She turns into a CC frame after that and remains one of the best damage buff frames in the game. Depending on the level range you're playing you either use WoF + Accelerant or you use Fireball Frenzy + Accelerant. There's not really a point where all her abilities are used.

Volt is probability the most similar to Frost however he trades the ability to nuke low level hordes of enemies for speed/utility while also being a better buff frame.

If you want a decently sturdy Frame with good CC options, e.g. Inaros / Rhino / Nezha / Excalibur / Oberon fit that bill.

If you want to block bullets, shred Armor and have a variety of CC-ish offensive abilities, Mag is quite fun.

If you want an AoE enemy slowdown, Nova / Equinox / Nekros can do that rather nicely.

If you like babysitting protecting a target from ranged attacks, Zephyr is pretty fly. [Yeah I know, I'll go shoot myself SoonTM.]

2 hours ago, (PS4)iDeukalion said:

What you guys think about ember?

Becoming one of the more used frames due to her World on Fire augment, Firequake, that combines CC with damage over sporadic bursts.

My question to you is - what do you enjoy doing in the game? If it's Frost, what did you enjoy doing most as Frost? Answers to questions like these can narrow down something specific.

I think that regarding CC a Volt max range build should be mentioned.

Inaros is REALLY tanky and if that is what you seek he's a good frame.

Atlas also is rather tanky, can build a wall and has one other nice CC ability as well as 2 'usefull' suplementaries.

There are simply too many frames to tell wich ones you should use really. Would need to know your playstyle to help better. You can shoot mne a pm if you like and I will help

My Volt:

2 hours ago, (PS4)wildcats1369my said:

Vauban [...] good armor rating so it is tanky like frost

lol nope

Vauban (even with the Armor increases from his Prime and mind-boggling Passive) is NOT a tank,
his abilities are all about avoiding damage by incapaciting enemies in one way or another.

To add to my previous list, Nyx with the Assimilate Augment is tanky as ****
(yay being able to take e.g. Penta / Kulstar blasts to the face no prob)
while providing powerful / fun CC with Chaos and Mind Control :D

20 hours ago, SanguineSavant said:

Becoming one of the more used frames due to her World on Fire augment, Firequake, that combines CC with damage over sporadic bursts.

My question to you is - what do you enjoy doing in the game? If it's Frost, what did you enjoy doing most as Frost? Answers to questions like these can narrow down something specific.

Hes a badass, can kill the whole map in one strike, freeze enemies. Pretty much when there are lot of enemies no one can match him. 

Btw, I don't look at frost as "tanky" at all

Edited by (PS4)iDeukalion

46 minutes ago, (PS4)iDeukalion said:

kill the whole map in one strike, freeze enemies

Equinox might be right up your alley, then.

Rest isn't exactly the same as freezing enemies but a quick incapacitation with huge Melee damage boosts = yes pls,
Maim is pretty much the best-scaling radial nuke in the game (at the "cost" of needing to charge up).

Nezha / Rhino with a high Range & Duration build can "freeze" a larger area for even longer than Frost can :D

4 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Equinox might be right up your alley, then.

Rest isn't exactly the same as freezing enemies but a quick incapacitation with huge Melee damage boosts = yes pls,
Maim is pretty much the best-scaling radial nuke in the game (at the "cost" of needing to charge up).

Nezha / Rhino with a high Range & Duration build can "freeze" a larger area for even longer than Frost can :D

Inaros can't quite hit a whole room with Desiccation, but he can also give a lot of health back to allies using his ultimate. It's also what makes him so absurdly tanky (Essentially doubling his armor, I believe?)

20 hours ago, (PS4)iDeukalion said:

Hes a badass, can kill the whole map in one strike, freeze enemies. Pretty much when there are lot of enemies no one can match him. 

I have to agree with the suggestion of Equinox if CC is what you are looking for and you're not taken towards a tanking role. Peaceful Provocation Equinox (Night form) can slow down enemies and reduce enemy attack speed (this includes their rate of fire) around her by a large percentage (Pacify is about 80% and Provoke currently sits at 74% on my build with good efficiency) , restore ally's health and shields and put enemies to sleep in groups allowing OHK finishers that look super awesome, and should you want to change things up and instead buff ally power strength, do constant slash damage within an area around you or make enemies more vulnerable to damage there is always her day form. Essentially you are getting six abilities in one frame - just be aware the learning curve for Equinox is a little above the straightforwardness of other frames so it might take some modding and playtesting to find your ideal way to play her.

EDIT: Ohhh, nearly forgot. There is also Assimilate Nyx. You can tank in a bubble while casting manipulative CC powers and equipping the Twin Basolk with the Rift Strike mod will allow you to combat slow movement speed.

Edited by SanguineSavant

On 4.10.2016 at 6:14 PM, (PS4)iDeukalion said:

That's... no. Just no XD Sorry. Frost drops off very quickly regarding kill power. Ash beats him by a mile without even trying. So does ember (never forget your accelerant). Mag crushes him (huehuehue). Mesa will mob the floor with pretty much anything they throw at you (also insanely tanky YAY for scattershield and shootiung gallery). Saryn is powerful as hell and rather tanky too!

(My Ash is set up for running Arena on Sedna... is very usefull in other missions too tho)

If you need more info on any of these just ping me :)