The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The NItain Extract Problem

DTest

This again? There are plenty of weapons and warframes that do not require nitain. If you've already finished those, then farm prime parts and sell them for plat to buy the items from the market. "Oh, but I want the newest and shiniest things right away! QQ!" Well, then maybe collect nitain even when you don't need it in anticipation of new content.

Or maybe, just maybe, since you've spent so much time in the game already, why not drop a Harriet* or so to buy plat to get the new shiny? Support the game and get your pixels right away. It's a win-win!

Other than that, well, you'll just have to be patient and collect the nitain as it comes. Many of the rest of us have done it. You can, too.

(*For anyone who didn't know already, Harriet Tubman is slated to replace Andrew Jackson on the American $20 dollar bill, though it'll be after 2020. I just wanted to get ahead of the times. :P)

Nitain is interesting and definitely not casual friendly. I don't have a problem with it as i grab it any time it pops.

But one thing i find insanely funny is the difference of my Loki prime cost to say Vauban prime...... lol insanity 

I'd recommend a different option next to alerts. That they can be bought with Ducats say 500 for 1. So at least once a fortnight they can be gained in a different way.

6 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

No. Five to six missions is NOT enough.

Because these missions only happen at certain times of day. Mostly, when working people with jobs are NOT logged in. When we sleep. Work. Eat our meals. Or heaven forbid, play one of the (quickly increasingly frequent) better games than Warframe. 

Nitain should be a regular resource drop on planets, like everything else. Right now, all it is, is a useless time sink. It utterly invalidates the time we have ALREADY spent in the game, negating our efforts. Renders all past grinding effectively moot, because we dont also have Nitain.

So tell me, when they introduce the next Alertium, and only make it available weekly while requiring 10 per frame, will you defend that, too?

Where does this silliness end? Probably, honestly, with no game left to play, because any self respecting customer who values their time has moved on to happier things.

This is from doing a minimum of one mission a day. Two if I'm lucky.

20161015051917_1.jpg

Even then there were days/weeks where I didn't play the game, yet I still have that amount (not including the ones I used on dojo research, weapons, warframes, and helmets.)

9 hours ago, Numerikuu said:

5-6 quests/missions a day for Nitain isn't enough?

As for Tellurium, Uranus Survival easily covers that. Or there's Archwing Mobile Defence (just go as an Itzal or with an Itzal user and spam Cosmic Crush).

Oxium however needs to be looked at. (At least make it drop from all flying drones, just at reduced amounts for non-Oxium Ospreys. That 7k grind for Vauban nearly killed me.)

No. Also I am getting around 200 to 500 oxium a run. It's not as bad as I thought it would be. The nitain is far more annoying when you have a job and such. That is why daily quests would be a better option.  

7 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

No. Five to six missions is NOT enough.

Because these missions only happen at certain times of day. Mostly, when working people with jobs are NOT logged in. When we sleep. Work. Eat our meals. Or heaven forbid, play one of the (quickly increasingly frequent) better games than Warframe. 

Nitain should be a regular resource drop on planets, like everything else. Right now, all it is, is a useless time sink. It utterly invalidates the time we have ALREADY spent in the game, negating our efforts. Renders all past grinding effectively moot, because we dont also have Nitain.

So tell me, when they introduce the next Alertium, and only make it available weekly while requiring 10 per frame, will you defend that, too?

Where does this silliness end? Probably, honestly, with no game left to play, because any self respecting customer who values their time has moved on to happier things.

You should be careful. You might slip off of that slope you're so precariously perched on.

They really don't need to increase the amount of nitain throughout the week, they just need to increase the duration of the mission to be 2-3 hours in length and take up its own "nitain only" slot instead.

I work about 80 hours a week. My time is extremely limited and its taking me weeks to complete vauban prime. I average about 10 hours played a week, and if I'm lucky I will walk away with 2-5 nitain a week. If they just let those missions run longer I'd probably be able to almost double that. Hell one of the reasons I don't squeeze more game time in is because I literally can't farm the only thing I want right now.

"You should have been stockpiling them all along!" - As a new player to the game, that is impossible and a very stupid thing to say when considering the new player experience as a developer. Give me a way to earn them and limit the number of resources players can have or have them diminish over time. I much prefer farming for argon crystals, at least I can spend real money to get what I need fast. 6 crystals? That might take me an hour on a bad day. 6 nitain? See you in a couple of weeks. If I'm lucky.

1 minute ago, Vaizrin said:

"You should have been stockpiling them all along!" - As a new player to the game, that is impossible and a very stupid thing to say

The problem is it's not the new players that complain about it, more often than anything. It's the veterans. They really should have been.

Make Gift of the Lotus includes 2 Nitain in addition to the normal potato. This way people who don't play or have "bad timing" can still get their Nitain... in due time. 

If you want to farm your nitain instead, ask for a higher drop chance for Sab 2.0. 

Honestly, the only people I hear to have a problem with Nitain (clan mates including) are those that don't log-in or play that often. 

Just now, Chipputer said:

The problem is it's not the new players that complain about it, more often than anything. It's the veterans. They really should have been.

Do you realize most new players have no clue what nitain is, or that they should be farming it? Your argument is completely baseless. "The alert is fine, veterans should have known better and new players don't even know to complain! Then once I see them as veterans they should have known better anyway."

2 hours ago, Vaizrin said:

Do you realize most new players have no clue what nitain is, or that they should be farming it? Your argument is completely baseless. "The alert is fine, veterans should have known better and new players don't even know to complain! Then once I see them as veterans they should have known better anyway."

Yeah, I was That Guy back three years ago. I didn't know and, moreover, didn't really care. I had things like mod farming to deal with and wasn't too concerned with anything much outside maxing serration or (finally) getting a hornet strike.

Later, yeah, I got with the program and developed a farming method to make sure I had stuff I needed when I needed it, but that was after some very basic essentials were covered (Maslow's hierarchy of warframe needs).

To put it in perspective, even with all this it still took me the better part of three months to complete Vaubon Prime. I had (or thought I had) all the materials, but there was that minor matter of farming up keys (one of which was extremely rare), the very low drop rates, and just the inclination to get it done (there wasn't much). A conscious decision was made to wait for the relic revamp and then it took me about...three weeks of really working the trace farming and some additional relic farming.

Finally got the damned systems and I knew I had around 80 nitain (from just doing the alerts when they appeared when I happened to be on), then suddenly discovered I was very short on oxium. Yep, another four days of fairly focused oxium farming had that taken care of, but the argon had expired by then, so it was an afternoon of hitting void sabotages and VaubonP was in the forge. Three days later, he's done, and I barely play him.

So, yeah. All this stuff takes time. You don't have to have everything yesterday and you shouldn't have everything yesterday. Goals and time management and just playing the game. Compared to all that, nitain IS trivial.

56 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

...it still took me the better part of three months to complete Vaubon Prime..You don't have to have everything yesterday.

Uh...not sure our definitions of "Have everything yesterday" are exactly the same. Personally, I have about 8-10 more months of nitain alerts before I have enough to finish everything given my play rate and not being around when the alerts typically are.

Again, all they need to do is increase the timer so I can get 3-4 more alerts per week and it would be a million times easier without increasing the potential pooling amount. The players pooling massive amounts of resources are already playing enough to get multiple alerts a day.

On 10/15/2016 at 1:21 PM, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

No. Also I am getting around 200 to 500 oxium a run. It's not as bad as I thought it would be. The nitain is far more annoying when you have a job and such. That is why daily quests would be a better option.  

what mission? im only getting 70 to 150 in baal.

cerberus is a meh since that node is voided of players.