Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Project Biomodus - A Transhuman, Post-Apocalyptic Action RPG

Letter13

Hey folks, 

So recently, our fellow community member @SilverBones has been working on developing a pen and paper RPG (think Dungeons & Dragons) called Project Biomodus.

If I had to sum it up I'd call it "Ghost in the Shell meets Mad Max", and I've been very interested in it since I'd heard of some of the ideas Bear (SilverBones) came up with.

He just started a Kickstarter for the game, and it's already looking like it's got a good start--though added interest never hurts!

0wgEkpO.jpg

So if you enjoy pen and paper RPGs, Transhumanism, Mad Max and Ghost in the Shell, I highly recommend taking a peek at the game (and supporting it if it really piques your interest)!

Permission from @[DE]Danielle was obtained prior to posting this, as we typically do not allow soliciting without approval from a DE staff member.

Edited by Letter13
Fixed link

3 minutes ago, Skycook3y said:

Your link isn't working btw. you might want to fix that

Also, there was a thread about this already, but since only I replied, it doesn't matter

Link has been fixed. Also, users need permission from DE before posting stuff like this! (I had just obtained permission to do so, so what AngelShur did was technically a no-no, though it's probably fine since permission for it exists now).

Just now, Letter13 said:

Link has been fixed. Also, users need permission from DE before posting stuff like this! (I had just obtained permission to do so, so what AngelShur did was technically a no-no, though it's probably fine since permission for it exists now).

Why do you need permission tho?

2 minutes ago, Skycook3y said:

Why do you need permission tho?

Because we do not condone advertising or soliciting of other games, services or stuff on the forums.

Posting with the intent to advertise something is considered a violation of the second rule of the forums, so in order to post such things you need to get approval of a DE staff member.

29 minutes ago, Unus said:

So, will we be doing any test runs of it on the forums in order to iron any kinks out or something along those lines? I'd like to peruse the user book, if nothing else.

I'm not aware of any plans for test runs on the forums, for something like this an in-person or real-time (i.e. Discord/Teamspeak/Skype/Roll20.net) meet up would be better.

The game does have a discord chat up and running, it will probably be much easier to get news and information there.

Very well. I used to play online with a group who met online and played dungeons and dragons on a giant virtual online customizable board. Was wondering about that systems feasibility, might find a link to show what I mean. 

Just now, Unus said:

Very well. I used to play online with a group who met online and played dungeons and dragons on a giant virtual online customizable board. Was wondering about that systems feasibility, might find a link to show what I mean. 

When it comes to D&D I've used a site called Roll20 quite often, and it's worked very well. I don't know if it can or has been used with this particular game though.

8 minutes ago, Unus said:

THATS the title sir/mam! Was on the tip of my tongue. Also, I thought one could customize the rules there, perhaps even script up the appropriate trait charts, context actions and the like?

They can. It's a very versatile site. Lots of preexisting templates, though players can make their own to if I remember correctly.

4 hours ago, Unus said:

Oh, good, perhaps there's hope. I'd love to ask Mr. Bear if we could pull something like this off some time!

My name is SilverBones, and I approve of this message.

Thanks for your support guys! Any kind of help I can get would be greatly appreciated, even if it is just sharing a link to folks you think may like this. I am going to go on stream with @Xenogelion on Saturday to talk about it some more so if you want more information, make sure to check out the stream!

AHA! An unexpected surprise from Mr. Bones the sword and shield master himself! I have so many questions I'd love to private message you about your nascent world, but I'll do my best to bury those and simply say, why yes sir, spit out a link here and I'll be ready to hear the word.

22 minutes ago, SilverBones said:

My name is SilverBones, and I approve of this message.

Thanks for your support guys! Any kind of help I can get would be greatly appreciated, even if it is just sharing a link to folks you think may like this. I am going to go on stream with @Xenogelion on Saturday to talk about it some more so if you want more information, make sure to check out the stream!