Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What happened to all the Telos weapons?

Aspari

It seems that the Boltace is traded quite frequently but the Akbolto and the Boltor are weapons I never see advertised in the trade channel. I thought at least the Telos Boltor was in high demand before the Boltace came around. I've been looking for a Telos Akbolto for a collective seven hours today and haven't found a single person willing to sell one.

I rarely sell syndicates weapons for plat or even the archwing weapon parts. People place value on the items rather than the standing that goes into getting them.

For example, I usually sell augments for 10p which I personally feel is a fair price. But for whatever reason players want to buy archwing weapon parts for 5p even though it costs the same amount of standing. People want to buy the secondary / primary from between 20 - 30 plat even though they cost 100k standing minimum, or 4x the cost of an augment. That's the majority of people, occasionally people offer what I consider is a fair price and am happy to sell to them.

I'm sure others do business a different way but at least you know why some people are not satisfied with whatever price you were offering.

14 minutes ago, TaylorsContraction said:

People place value on the items rather than the standing that goes into getting them.

Have to agree, I did the whole 'WTB Telos Boltace' thing in trade last week, got 3 people with prices between 80p - 150p. I was like haha no.  I later traded the secura lecta for the boltace.  Perfectly reasonable and fair trade, they both cost the same standing.  

Yeah those who aren't in Arbiters/Suda have to work extra hard to get it because they cannot get it any other way but trading.  But there are plenty of people who are not in loka/red veil etc... and they offer weapons that are still worthy of being used.

People just love taking advantage of the new OP weapons that come out, expecting people to pay outrageous prices for them simply because they cannot obtain them personally.

Akbolto may just be mastery fodder but it takes the exact same amount of time and effort to obtain as the boltace.  No reason prices should be different, people are just greedy.

Welcome to Econ 101:  Supply and Demand.  Right now demand for Boltace is sky high because it's new and, frankly, because it's pretty awesome.  So the supply shifts to accommodate.  But there's only so much supply, so prices go up as well.  This is how a market works.

It'll stabilize eventually, but don't expect the other Telos weapons to ever be quite as cheap again.  The demand for them is never going to be as high as the demand for the Boltace.