The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The majority of Melee

Sir_Bowen

With the current release of the Gazal Machete we have a huge amount of weapons in warframe.

If i count any weapon ever released it is the total amount of 270 weapons so far.

But if we look a little bit closer, we will see there is a imbalance between melee, primary and secondary.

We have a majority of 108 melee weapons.

A way lower amount of 86 primary weapons.

And last but not least only 76 secondary weapons.

It would be great, if the next dozen weapons would be secondarys and/or primarys.

For example and suggestion. We DONT have any prism secondarys *twinkle twinkle*

Are you counting the prime & normal counterparts as separate weapons? somehow i feel like we have tons of secondaries (or at least i seem to keep and mod more secondaries than primaries)

But i do agree! it's great to have variety for melee weapons, but i feel like we lack categories and different types on the other two slots.

Still, we are supposed to get changes for primary. Don't forget the new Javelin-Laser rifle that was showcased and that DE stated "we want to expand to what can be a primary weapon"

4 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

The Mara Detron is the only Prisma sidearm in existence.

I feel like I shouldn't need to point this out, but the mara detron is mara, not prisma.

We could use a prisma secondary, for sure!

*Edit: okay, sure, the mara detron has a prisma effect. But mara is still a different classification than prisma.

Edited by Azrael

14 minutes ago, Azrael said:

*Edit: okay, sure, the mara detron has a prisma effect. But mara is still a different classification than prisma.

this always annoyed me, why mara? why arent there anymore mara weapons, whats the significance of mara if we have prisma, de pls explain

3 hours ago, Glitch_Kitten said:

this always annoyed me, why mara? why arent there anymore mara weapons, whats the significance of mara if we have prisma, de pls explain

The description of it says its a smuggler weapon from the orokin era, as such its a old weapon not just a current weapon dipped in prisma goo like the others.

6 hours ago, Tasmanian_Devil said:

With the current release of the Gazal Machete we have a huge amount of weapons in warframe.

If i count any weapon ever released it is the total amount of 270 weapons so far.

But if we look a little bit closer, we will see there is a imbalance between melee, primary and secondary.

It would be great, if the next dozen weapons would be secondarys and/or primarys.

While I agree we need more Primaries and secondaries, there's a big difference between them and melee, Diversity.

Each melee weapon, with it's own stances, play very differently, hell  it varies a lot from stance to stance. Now, most guns are point&click, few have quirky gimmicks and all guns play mostly the same. To me what we need is Gunstances, replacing quickmelee with hits with the gun, and gun stances working like Gunblades: one or two melee hits with the gun and cool shooting animations with bonus damage. Think like Gunslinger Stance in Devil May Cry:

8 hours ago, Azrael said:

It's a weapon exclusive to Baro Ki'Teer, is a re-skinned upgrade of an existing weapon, and has the pretty Prisma aesthetics. There is no commonality shared among the Prisma weapons that isn't also shared with the Mara Detron outside of name and flavor text. It's literally a Prisma weapon in all but name.

4 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

It's a weapon exclusive to Baro Ki'Teer, is a re-skinned upgrade of an existing weapon, and has the pretty Prisma aesthetics. There is no commonality shared among the Prisma weapons that isn't also shared with the Mara Detron outside of name and flavor text. It's literally a Prisma weapon in all but name.

True enough. But they explicitly made the lore different, so it would seem they meant for them to be different things.

On 10/6/2016 at 2:10 AM, Tasmanian_Devil said:

Looking at this from another angle:

There are 162 guns and 108 melee.