The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavat face change

Spin999

Just now, Btabc said:

Hey it took me a few months just to get the first kavat as well... and that was when they supposedly "increased" the drop rate haha (which I ended up buying the last 5 DNA I needed as well)!  Now I've found it to be a LITTLE easier to get them and it only took me about half a few weeks to obtain the required DNA for a second one.  It was the segment that took me the longest since I was going for both at once (segment and kavat dna completed).  

I didn't have enough nerve to farm for the Segment, so I bought it with platinum. However the drop doesn't seem that rare as it dropped for me like.. three times when running Delirect Missions.

4 minutes ago, KeiYinXI said:

I didn't have enough nerve to farm for the Segment, so I bought it with platinum. However the drop doesn't seem that rare as it dropped for me like.. three times when running Delirect Missions.

I was lucky enough to have all the resources completed for the dojo portion and then I found one out in the field (which made my day lol)!  As for the drop it's changed since when it first came out.  I literally scanned 45 wild Kavats (did not do Sands of Inaros so I never encountered a Kavat until afterwords when we were able to) and out of that 45 scans I had like 2-3 DNA and that was JUST for the segment.  Then DE increased the drop rate and I got the synthesis scanner upgrade (which increases the chance of getting multiple scans at one time) and that "helped" me, but still I was doing around 6 runs a day and didn't get very far.  

By a few weeks I was able to get about half of the DNA I needed for both the Segment and a Kavat and decided to just go and craft the segment.  Once that was complete I was able to obtain 5 more, but the number of times I encountered them started to decrease so I just bought the remaining 5 and made my first Kavat.  Now that I've done OD exterminate runs here and there I've got a good amount of DNA (about 5-6) more and another Kavat. 

3 hours ago, Rapiddragon said:

Or pls remove persian kavat, no one likes them.

^ THIS. SO MUCH THIS.

Seriously, they're ugly AF. I had to go through 5 Persian kavats before I finally got one I like when they first came out and every single one was consigned and sent down the f**king drain.

Just now, Arniox said:

^ THIS. SO MUCH THIS.

Seriously, they're ugly AF. I had to go through 5 Persian kavats before I finally got one I like when they first came out and every single one was consigned and sent down the f**king drain.

I hope that DE will change my Kavat to a less ugly one, I might have a chance considering it showed a different Kavat in kitten form. But if they don't want to change it... well, then I guess I'll just have to live with the monstrosity....

3 minutes ago, Spin999 said:

I hope that DE will change my Kavat to a less ugly one, I might have a chance considering it showed a different Kavat in kitten form. But if they don't want to change it... well, then I guess I'll just have to live with the monstrosity....

you could just make a new cat. It's not that hard

Just now, dstrawberrygirl said:

I love my grumpy cat. I have many others that I've made since that first one, but Grumpy Anders amused me so very much when I first got him with his terrifying staring and bemused howling.

I just think that it really doesn't look cat-like, a very slim body and then that head.... it just doesn't fit in my opinion.

I think that's half the fun with real cats though - there is a decent amount of variation in how different breeds look. Grumpy Cat is meme legend, Maru (who is a Scottish Fold I believe) has millions of youtube subscribers - so I guess that's where some of the design inspiration came from. I would love to see a bit more body variation to go with that though - a bit like how we have stocky vs athletic etc. Kubrows, we could have fluffy (feathery?), big, tiny, sphynx, etc.

Just now, dstrawberrygirl said:

I think that's half the fun with real cats though - there is a decent amount of variation in how different breeds look. Grumpy Cat is meme legend, Maru (who is a Scottish Fold I believe) has millions of youtube subscribers - so I guess that's where some of the design inspiration came from. I would love to see a bit more body variation to go with that though - a bit like how we have stocky vs athletic etc. Kubrows, we could have fluffy (feathery?), big, tiny, sphynx, etc.

I want a Sphynx cat :O A cat with a human head! Would be amazing! :D

4 hours ago, KeiYinXI said:

I actually spent around, 300 Platinum or so in breeding Kavats, I must say Rngesus did me a favor by not giving me Persian faced Kavats.

i can sell you one imprint for 500, it has wonderful colours (also gold) and a nice tail ;P

22 minutes ago, KinetosImpetus said:

The kittens don't reflect the results of maturing. There's only one kitten model. 

reminds me on high frequented space stations, i see onlyblue excals then ... how can it be ? =)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) LOL

and when somebody is lagging or the wonderful DE-network has its issues i see always the baseframe under the primed ones

may i think this is funny ? it leads me to the wish being able to use the baseskin with the primed frames ... in this line im not joking as well as i want this choice for free, not for plat ... therefor it will never happen XD

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Arniox said:

^ THIS. SO MUCH THIS.

kek 5

Some went through many dozens of incubations trying to get a chesa when they were bugged

What about just add more face variety and add more body type?

Also that persian is not as ugly as abominations but I can feel you guys why don't like it. This not mean noone likes it because some person would like it just all rng. And the genetic values can be changed alot cuz this is a random generated stuff so you cannot do against it. It is mostly luck if you can get a pleasureable form of your pet. That's why I am stick with my sentinels at least used to their look.

I just once tried to make a kavat for fun and I got a very adorable and nice looking one. He kept his form after maturing and he is now my beloved little boy :)

Face changing when matured maybe nope but during maturing you could be change it. At least choosing from the most acceptable one from a variety.

Edited by Lady_Symphonia

On 10/6/2016 at 11:14 AM, Arniox said:

This is mine:

Hide contents

b24a235a7deb814d152b82c4c5beafee.jpg

e495872e484259b9e2610986b5951331.jpg

This is actually what I've got now!  Tail and ears, but not color.  I haven't changed my kavat's color (not yet anyways lol), but for the most part I like the colors that I've seen in Kavats over Kubrows

2KbyuJJ.png

sfWX6IF.png

HWf54do.png

On 10/6/2016 at 11:17 AM, Spin999 said:

That's one sweet Kavat!
Mine on the other hand... http://imgur.com/a/x793P

Just keep trying :)

Even if it takes a while, just keep at it.  I don't know if this helps you, but I've been told that going in a full party increases the chances of seeing more than the typical (for me it is) 4-5.  Haven't tried it, but seems like it might work?  I like bringing Inaros so you can pin them in place with his second ability and everybody can go scan crazy lol!

Yeah, I did a Kavat, ended up just buying the stuff cuz F*** that 3000 scans S#&$, and yeah, my cat looks like that to.  The Kavat looks cool when its the cool lookin' actual cat lookin thing.  Then it grows up into some grumpy old, raggedy &#! fat faced man look. 

DE needs to just out right remove that fat, square faced look and put it only the slender cat face.  Also, make it where we dont have to scan 3000 Kavats to make a baby Kavat....