Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auto-Sprint Problem (Off Everytime You Shoot)

UltraLYT

[Here I re-started this thread, which was closed for further replies with no reasons provided, link to the original thread is provided below.]

Please allow auto-sprint to stay ON all the time unless it is turned off by the user, it should not be reverted to OFF every time you fire the primary/secondary weapon.

It is sad to see so many bugs have been fixed lately however a basic movement, such as sprint, is yet to be fixed.

Dear DE developers, please help.  Thank you.

I have a similar issue. I'm using manual sprint, but pretty much the same happens when I hold the button down. If I shoot, I stop sprinting, and to continue sprinting again I need to release the button and press it again, when it should start sprinting automatically after I shoot as long as I keep holding down the button.

Same thing goes for jumping.

There used to be two binds, one for hold to sprint and one for toggle sprint. It was nice because you could hold to sprint during the fight without losing speed or failing a parkour attempt because it's in the wrong state and then toggle for travelling.

They replaced it with a single bind and the toggle sprint option for unknown reasons a long time ago (guessing consoleitis) and it still ends up being one of the things that pushes me away from the game every time I come back. Nothing draws me out of a game like fighting with controls.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2016 at 9:51 AM, Pentastic said:

There used to be two binds, one for hold to sprint and one for toggle sprint. It was nice because you could hold to sprint during the fight without losing speed or failing a parkour attempt because it's in the wrong state and then toggle for travelling.

They replaced it with a single bind and the toggle sprint option for unknown reasons a long time ago (guessing consoleitis) and it still ends up being one of the things that pushes me away from the game every time I come back. Nothing draws me out of a game like fighting with controls.

Thanks for the input, I just hope that it will not draw new comers out of Warframe because of this frustrating auto-sprint problem, which I never encountered in games I played before.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/6/2016 at 5:06 PM, modalmojo said:

[Here I re-started this thread, which was closed for further replies with no reasons provided, link to the original thread is provided below.]

Please allow auto-sprint to stay ON all the time unless it is turned off by the user, it should not be reverted to OFF every time you fire the primary/secondary weapon.

It is sad to see so many bugs have been fixed lately however a basic movement, such as sprint, is yet to be fixed.

Dear DE developers, please help.  Thank you.

Also, let it be turned off by prowl. 

Totally agree, i want sprint to stay on always.

13 hours ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Also, let it be turned off by prowl. 

It currently turns off automatically for Prowl and reenables when you cancel it. Not sure if it's that way for console or not, but it wasn't like that before TWW. I love it.

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 3:58 PM, EmptyDevil said:

Totally agree, i want sprint to stay on always.

It currently turns off automatically for Prowl and reenables when you cancel it. Not sure if it's that way for console or not, but it wasn't like that before TWW. I love it.

I love it too. It a QoL change that was mentioned awhile back. Good to see it was added and even better than originally suggested.

I had a big problem with that during the war within quest : when you're jumping from rock to rock in a sea of bones, you have to release and press sprint every time you jump. Took me a long time to figure out.

More generally, it's an old topic but it's worth repeating. :)