Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Letter of Support to [DE]Rebecca

Azrael

25 minutes ago, ChargeBeam said:

*pokes head in window*

I don't think there's a "debatably" about it in this situation. It either is or isn't.

*proceeds to walk away*

It could be considered either a threat or a joke due to the way it was written. It wasn't a clear "Im gonna kill you" nor a "I disagree with the recent changes". Its all up to interpretation

17 minutes ago, (PS4)official_79 said:

It could be considered either a threat or a joke due to the way it was written. It wasn't a clear "Im gonna kill you" nor a "I disagree with the recent changes". Its all up to interpretation

Okay, fine. It's open to interpretation. But with the rage and toxicity that had been plaguing twitter and the forums when I made this post, it seemed reasonable to offer support and state that I - and others - still support DE despite all the rage. And now people feel like demonstrating that infighting and lack of community in the very thread intended to show that we are still a community. It's not like there's anything controversial or rage-inducing in here, we're just showing support. What exactly are we even debating? If some people were particularly upset after Rebecca herself said that she had recieved a "murder threat," and if you or someone else feels like they shouldn't be upset about that, then please just let it go. Nobody is going to make anything any better by arguing about this.

Edited by Azrael
typo

Seriously, anyone who would even think to do something like that...I just will never understand it. We are the players here. Warframe is a GIFT to use, from the wonderful folk at DE. No matter how much a change may anger you, people should remember that they chose to give us this game, and we should be thankful. Now, we have the right to offer suggestion, but threatening one of these great people? The person who made the threat should feel ashamed of what they did.

1 hour ago, IcyLeviathan said:

First of all, I was mistaken about you saying that Rebecca overreacted. Someone else with the same profile image said it, and I just assumed it was the same person.

As far as my "inhuman act" comment, that is my opinion, as well as what seems to be the opinion of a good portion of this thread.  If you disagree, fine.  Just don't come on here to scold us for showing respect and solidarity towards Rebecca along with outrage towards the idiot who tweeted that "threat".

If you'll reread my post, you'll see that I said "from a total stranger".  Last time I checked, a "friend" doesn't constitute a "total stranger".  Then again, I learned about context clues in Pre-K.

Also, if you'll read my post, I said that the negative light comes from a combination of rage-filled threads and the recent "threat/threats".

Also, while that whole "7 billion people in the world, only one needed to make a threat" is true, that doesn't justify it.  Saying that it can't be changed just gives more people the license to do it, including the psychos who might actually try to follow through!

I do have to ask, though, what planet you live on to think that a single threat doesn't justify a response, and that the threats need to be more regular and more severe before people care!  "Oh, no!  People are rallying around someone who received a potentially 'joking' death threat!  They must be brainless and chauvinistic!  If only they knew that the right time to worry was after the person was being threatened regularly!  After all, one threat is meaningless.  But daily threats?  Now we can send the person our sympathies."  Illogic like that is what causes people to miss the signs of depression and suicidal tendencies in people.  "Eh, they're just having a bad day.  They'll get over it.  They posted that they're thinking of suicide after some friendly hazing?  Surely they're joking!  I'll just wait until tomorrow to talk to them."  End result? The person in need is ignored and bad things happen.

And really? "Cheesy comments"?  Granted, some comments are a little cheesy, referring to her as "Spacemom" or talking about sharpening/loading <insert Warframe weapon here> to hunt this guy down, but those are meant, IMO, to give Rebecca something to smile at after this craziness.  So excuse us if we want to support her.  If you disagree with us, then just leave this thread and stop trolling.  Everything was fine until people felt the need to force their contrasting opinion on the portion of the community that's supporting Rebecca this way.

You want to talk about making a problem worse by pretending there is one (I.E. starting a problem), look at this thread and the negative responses that have popped up.  What was meant to support DE and Rebecca has now become an argument between multiple people over whether the threat was legitimate, whether Rebecca or the community overreacted, and whether or not this thread has any real purpose.  I thought that I'd see loads of positivity when I clicked on this thread to see how far it had gone since yesterday, and instead I found negativity sprinkled throughout.  So, in an attempt to be civil, if anyone reads this thread and thinks that the community is stupid/overreacting or whatever and that this thread shouldn't exist, THEN IGNORE IT! No one is forcing you to read it, or even acknowledge it!

My response to your first couple of sentences accidentally got deleted, ill just focus on the big paragraphs this time.

ok nvm, sifting through all the darkness of your response (south park reference) has taught me that you jump to conclusions easily and you are to a degree a hypocrite (You say ignoring stupid jokes is a terrible thing and can lead to x yet suggest people ignore a thread if they happen to want to point out an overreaction)

When I say this I say it with utmost sincerity : Slow down, and think about it rationally

Edited by (PS4)official_79

4 hours ago, (PS4)official_79 said:

Exactly. It was a joke. Therefor a letter of support full of cringe inducing comments is not needed

A stupid joke in bad taste should be disregarded and forgotten like it should be. Need I remind you it was from one guy. "OMG Rebecca pls don't think we're all like him!1!" 

If this was a good amount of back to back, more serious comments (give or take 50) then such a post would be justified.

Rebecca is a grown woman. I understand this post was made out of respect. But if you think she needs white knights making a letter of support over one stupid tweet, then that shows how unrealistically fragile you think she is. I don't know what could be more disrespectful

Saying it is a joke doesn't excuse their behavior in the slightest. Ignoring these individuals is how their behavior continues. It doesn't matter if its one tweet or multiple. Please don't insult a whole group of people simply because you disagree with them. That is unnecessary. What I find disrespectful is how you are skewing things to try to make us look bad when we are simply showing support. Showing support to someone doesn't demean them in any way.

54 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Okay, fine. It's open to interpretation. But with the rage and toxicity that had been plaguing twitter and the forums when I made this post, it seemed reasonable to offer support and state that I - and others - still support DE despite all the rage. And now people feel like demonstrating that infighting and lack of community in the very thread intended to show that we are still a community. It's not like there's anything controversial or rage-inducing in here, we're just showing support. What exactly are we even debating? If some people were particularly upset after Rebecca herself said that she had recieved a "murder threat," and if you or someone else feels like they shouldn't be upset about that, then please just let it go. Nobody is going to make anything any better by arguing about this.

I agree completely.  I know I contributed to the more recent argument, but I do agree that this shouldn't be an issue at all.

37 minutes ago, (PS4)official_79 said:

My response to your first couple of sentences accidentally got deleted, ill just focus on the big paragraphs this time.

ok nvm, sifting through all the darkness of your response (south park reference) has taught me that you jump to conclusions easily and you are to a degree a hypocrite (You say ignoring stupid jokes is a terrible thing and can lead to x yet suggest people ignore a thread if they happen to want to point out an overreaction)

When I say this I say it with utmost sincerity : Slow down, and think about it rationally

If you are going to come in and start an unnecessary argument then it I better to avoid that topic. This pointless arguing helps nobody.

As someone who has been in life or death situations in real life, with a death threat to my face, I don't care if anyone thinks all it is is childish lashing out. Death Threats as jokes, or not are to be taken seriously, always. They are some very delusional people in this world, and real death threats are made, and telling the difference between one that is real or fake is not something you can ever know with 100% certainty. There should be zero tolerance for death threats of any kind.

Jesus christ the fact that this thread was made.... You guys do know that we're on the internet and in just about any game there's always that one person or a few people who send stupid things to the devs of their game because they didn't like X. Most of it is because we're on the internet. I'm not saying don't take it seriously but it's certainly not something that should cause worry. Not to mention something like this has happened before when she was in the unofficial discord I can't remember what was changed but they pm'd her a bunch of stupid S#&amp;&#036; and pretty much forced her out of the discord.

22 hours ago, ChargeBeam said:

*pokes head in window*

I don't think there's a "debatably" about it in this situation. It either is or isn't.

*proceeds to walk away*

The problem is that there's two fronts of assumption here:

1. That Rebecca felt threatened
2. That it wasn't just a poorly executed joke

Nobody is excusing what the person said or did. I actually fully agree with the idea that some of these people are insulting Rebecca far more by implying that she's such a delicate flower that she can't handle a terribly worded, unfunny joke.

So yes, you're correct. It's either a threat or it isn't. The problem is the assumptions.