Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How and why do Saryn's Spores and Concealed Explosives work the way it does?

Bipp

Question

13 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, Kothophed said:

Gay Guy Plays made a video on it I think. 

Got a link? Can't seem to find it.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)freakytiki3 said:

because of guaranteed  viral procs from spore and toxin procs from molt

That doesn't really explain much. Toxin isn't wildly effective against a whole lot of stuff.

Spore lands on an enemy. When it pops it spreads to other enemies in range. Hikou uses concealed explosives to pop numerous enemies at once, causing it to bounce around numerous times.

Couple that with the viral proc halving their health, toxin procs increasing the damage spores do (gas causes a second AoE that also pops spores, btw, and does toxin damage), and you have one potent combination.

Sporing her Molt is just a way to make spores cost less as well as pop them so they spread without having to target enemies directly. Also, enemies shooting spores off of Molt cause them to pop and land on them.

3 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Spore lands on an enemy. When it pops it spreads to other enemies in range. Hikou uses concealed explosives to pop numerous enemies at once, causing it to bounce around numerous times.

Couple that with the viral proc halving their health, toxin procs increasing the damage spores do (gas causes a second AoE that also pops spores, btw, and does toxin damage), and you have one potent combination.

Sporing her Molt is just a way to make spores cost less as well as pop them so they spread without having to target enemies directly. Also, enemies shooting spores off of Molt cause them to pop and land on them.

I see. Though that doesn't really explain why bursting spores with CE causes the spores to deal 250 damage, regardless of any other resistances the enemy might have, which is exactly what I'm so baffled by. 

Just now, Keybopsef said:

I see. Though that doesn't really explain why bursting spores with CE causes the spores to deal 250 damage, regardless of any other resistances the enemy might have, which is exactly what I'm so baffled by. 

Pretty sure that 250 damage is from the CE explosion itself.

Edited by Chipputer

Just now, Chipputer said:

Pretty sure that 250 damage is from the CE explosion itself.

You're right. The explosion itself deals 250 damage. But against a level 30 corrupted heavy gunner and other armoured enemies? Nope. But somehow spores allow this to happen.

its actually the blast effect

blast when hit pops all spores and spreads them

personally the pox is the best for deploymeent of spores ive found  , as its cloud can proc toxic by itself , put blast and corrosive and ammo mutation 

3 element attack (toxic , corrosive and blast ) 

basically a never endign gas cloud that insta pops N spreads them dead fast , as pox is rapid fired and always grabbing ammo 

torid , mutalist cenros, concealed explosives  with the blast efefct work well as they have a gas cloud that isnta procs 

mostly i throw it on the molt and keep casting spor as it insta pops while its active, so, fast spore spread while cloud is on molt

or 1 spore on enemy , throw pox, all have spores 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

You would pop and spread spores with a Hikou+Concealed Explosives, but if it wasn't a toxic status proc that popped the spore, you don't get ramping toxin damage to spread along with. The spores would carry 25% of a weapon's base damage when the weapon causes a toxic status, and each instance of toxin on the target acts as a multiplier.

I've used Ignis/Gas, Torid/Blast+Toxin, Staticor/Radiation+Blast+Corrosive. Ignis allows you to rapidly ramp up the spore damage due to its pure Gas status pool. Torid is excellent for point defense (best in narrow passages), while for the Staticor I just use it to spread viral and depend on its corrosive and decent damage to do the work.

Some weapons I haven't tried are the Lanka/Gas, Pox, Zhuge+Thunderbolt, Mutalist Cernos, Telos Boltor (Gas Syndicate proc), Synoid Simulor/Simulor.

Naramon melee with an Atterax/Gas is something I want to try in the future.

Telos Boltace is ridiculous at spore propagation as well. Telos' waves will pop all the spores on anything they touch with her 3 active (maybe inactive too, but free toxin damage). Of all the alternative methods said here though, CE hikou are probably still the best due to the large radius. The masses of deaths happens from the explosions breaking and redeploying the spores among all the enemies. As they explode the spores on multiple enemies, new spores are placed on the same enemies from their friends. This loop stacks up real quick with the large radius and fire rate of CE hikou, which also works through walls. Note that while the viral procs do reduce the hp considerably, the deaths the spores cause isn't from any of the procs they do, but the damage from bursting (unless you're only sending them out from a molt, which is a noticeably slower death).

Personally I use Mutalist Cernos (fast fire rate with vile acceleration) for spore molt origin spam, hikou when on the move, and telos boltace as a melee alternative to either.

Edited by Kelshiso

I'm using Ignis with Gas proc, and Kulstar with multishot.

Basically, because the kulstar does up to 8 impact type hits followed by 8 AoEs a second later, this causes instant map proccing. Huge area of effect, since the cluster has decent range, and the gas proc overlaps.

The ignis gas proc causes toxin, which adds to the spore dmg. so fire once, hit spore, fire again and watch the dmg rank up. 

So far, haven't worked out which one accually does more DPS, but I think the gas proc from Kulstar will actually be stronger and cause larger effects. 

Edited by Sjerek