Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyria, a improved, new frame based on valkyr instead of just another prime variant

Fylas

If you have the time please read the whole reasoning behind the frame rather then just stats before you comment :O!

Valkyria

Valkyrias form is based on a more human like gersemi clad in valkyrie styled armor, she has far less health then inaros in return for a higher base armor value due to her fixed body and additional armoring. Her abilities are inspired by Norse mythology in general for naming conventions while her abilities are similar but extended of what valkyr is capable of. Thus people who played valkyr should easily get a feel for the frame but also notice that it is capable of things valkyr could not do.

While a strong melee fighter  she is capable of protecting her team mates as well as bestowing a single comrade with a more powerful buff, making her ideal when you just want to help a single friend with a quest or when you have "that one" team mate that just dies way more often then everyone else on the run.

1. Gungnir : Valkyria throws a ethereal spear at the enemy which if killed pierces em to a wall with mostly pierce damage. Named after Odin's spear.

2. Svalinn : Valkyria stands under the protection of Svalinn, the mythical shield that is said to protect earth from being burned by the heat of the sun. The ability gives her a armor buff, raises her attack speed a little and gives her a linking effect similar to the mod for Ack&Brunt, causing her to take damage for team mates in a certain range further reduced by power strength.

3.Choosing Einherjar: The Valkyrie declares the chosen team member one who fights for the sake of the lotus, bolstering their spirit and giving them a strong buff to their attributes. Can only be used on one team mate for balance reason. Can be used to bolster the weakest team mate to keep up with more advanced party members or to foster a new tenno under their wings who is just learning the ropes by making it feel like their own success rather then being pulled by a more experienced player mowing everything down.

4. Ride of the Valkyrie: the Valkyrie summons her lance and shield while ethereal wings form of her back, reducing the affect of gravity similar to zephyr's passive the gungnir and svalinn combo style employs fast forward thrusts, rising aerial combos with a fast forward piercing airdash as a aerial strike. A Dive bomb is executed upon a downward aerial strike. Ride of the Valkyrie prevents damage similar to hysteria, complete with shield blocking animation while not attacking similar to valkyrs claw parry. The lance has a small lifedrain effect similar to the hysteria claws.

Passive : Valkyrias strong conviction to protect her team mates, bolsters their armor value by 20% within a 20 meter radius

Health

250 base (1000 at rank 30)

Shield

Armor

Power

Sprint Speed

Lore :

Valkyr is the result of the zanuka project, A tortured, twisted corruption of the original Gersemi Form. This shows that a warframe can be altered by certain factors.

The Idea I want to show today is that of a valkyr that has overcome her trauma, and because of that becomes the base of a new frame rather then a prime variant, a evolved or transcendent valkyr closer to the original norse valkyries rather then a berserker experiment fueled by rage and pain full experiences.

Since there will more Syndicate quests later on the idea is based on the Perrin sequence contacting the lotus to ask for help in tracking down Alad V's newest experiments and hidden labs where he attempted to create more powerful proxies by hybridizing them with infestation. The quest line serves to reveal more content about alad V and how the Perrin sequence is different from regular corpus and have basic morales and manage to make a profit without compromising said morale. The idea is while you explore the experimentation labs the lotus and perrin sequence also reveal tidbits about valkyr and what was done to the original gersemi, fostering a desire in the lotus to help free Valkyr from her tortured state, in her own way elleviating herself from some of the guilt that she couldn't save mirage so long ago.

The quest line adds 3 mutated proxy variants similar to the guardian specters on earth prime that can be fought with a summon item for mods after the quest line is over.

Proxy suggestions :

Infested Hyena

Infested Raptor

Infested Zanuka Proxy

Each step of the quest line reveals data from his experiments as well as various experimental hardware and or orokin artefacts which allow the lotus to formulate her plan to in spirit help valkyr overcome the zanuka experiment by fixing some of the damage done to her body and soul, using the found pieces and data to come up with a new frame that uses the parts of valkyr as a components. Creating a new frame that carries on the spirit of the original gersemi, fueled not by rage but a strong conviction to protect her friends and comrades, so that nobody else ever has to go trough her pain again. 

Excerpt from wiki :

Previously having thrived among the Tenno in her natural Gersemi form, Valkyr is known for her capture and subsequent torment at the hands of Alad V. The obsessed Corpus scientist would bring Valkyr to his lab on Themisto, Jupiter where she would be restrained and subjected to harsh experiments. This mad science would greatly expand the Corpus' knowledge of Warframe design, and consequentially left Valkyr maddened and scarred.

Ultimately, Valkyr was deconstructed and used to produce the Zanuka prototype, Alad V's companion fighting machine. However, blueprints of her components can still be found after defeating Alad V in combat.

Valkyr's abilities reflect her madness, accompanied by cries of anguish.

Edited by Fylas
Wrote guild instead of guilt >_<

Remind me again how this has anything to do with Valkyr? Like, hey, 'snot a bad concept, but Valkyr was and is a Berserker frame. You're concept is nothing close to what Valkyr is. A variant is something still similar to the base, while sticking to the original. You're just shares similarity in the name...

Once again, nothing against the concept itself, just, it's not a Valkyr 'Variant' =X

Just now, SquireAngel said:

Remind me again how this has anything to do with Valkyr? Like, hey, 'snot a bad concept, but Valkyr was and is a Berserker frame. You're concept is nothing close to what Valkyr is. A variant is something still similar to the base, while sticking to the original. You're just shares similarity in the name...

Once again, nothing against the concept itself, just, it's not a Valkyr 'Variant' =X

valkyr is based on the valkyria in naming convention and gersemi which is based on the old norse word for treasure or jewel, gersemi is also the name of the daughter of Freya the receiver of the slain who receives half the einherjar chosen by valkyries and ODR  the frenzied one. which is pretty much the combination of berserker rage and a valkyrie which is half of the concept behind Valkyr, the other half being large Felines when it comes to shape and claws etc and her ability to land on her feet without a harsh landing :P her Kara helmet fits her theme to cause its the name of a Valkyrie as well as the polish word for punishment, befitting considering it looks like bondage gear >_>

The Concept could be seen as the other side of the coin, more Valkyria then bottomless rage and pain. does that suffice as a connection? :O

23 minutes ago, SquireAngel said:

Isn't it implied via description that Valkyr's current ability is due to her being experimented and tortured from the Zanuka Project (even stated in OP)? If so, we don't really know what she used to be prior to that and OP here is aiming at what Valkyr was :3

4 minutes ago, Fylas said:

valkyr is based on the valkyria in naming convention and gersemi which is based on the old norse word for treasure or jewel, gersemi is also the name of the daughter of Freya the receiver of the slain who receives half the einherjar chosen by valkyries and ODR  the frenzied one. which is pretty much the combination of berserker rage and a valkyrie which is half of the concept behind Valkyr, the other half being large Felines when it comes to shape and claws etc and her ability to land on her feet without a harsh landing :P her Kara helmet fits her theme to cause its the name of a Valkyrie as well as the polish word for punishment, befitting considering it looks like bondage gear >_>

The Concept could be seen as the other side of the coin, more Valkyria then bottomless rage and pain. does that suffice as a connection? :O

One again, you're similarities are in name only. If you take those away, they share very very little in common, other than the base stats you threw together. You make SOME very weak attempts to bridge the ability gap, but the core of the each frames playstyle is entirely different. Your Valkyrie-esque concept is rather traditional, which isn't bad. Guardian, tank, etc. Valkyr, on the other hand, is a berserker frame. She thrives in the heat of battle, casting off concern and quite literally shredding enemies. She is all about bringing pain and death, and destroying targets, mostly at melee range. Her ripline can be used to close distance to targets are bring them to her, and Paralysis allows for her to remain in control of the area directly in front of her. 

One thing you seem to misunderstand is that Valkyr wasn't some guardian before her anger within the Alad's confines. She was an Apex Predator, who let wild and fought with a bloodlust. I'm not trying to bring down your concept, but playing your Valkyrie frame would not be an 'upgrade' to Valkyr, it's a different playstyle. 

2 minutes ago, SquireAngel said:

One again, you're similarities are in name only. If you take those away, they share very very little in common, other than the base stats you threw together. You make SOME very weak attempts to bridge the ability gap, but the core of the each frames playstyle is entirely different. Your Valkyrie-esque concept is rather traditional, which isn't bad. Guardian, tank, etc. Valkyr, on the other hand, is a berserker frame. She thrives in the heat of battle, casting off concern and quite literally shredding enemies. She is all about bringing pain and death, and destroying targets, mostly at melee range. Her ripline can be used to close distance to targets are bring them to her, and Paralysis allows for her to remain in control of the area directly in front of her. 

One thing you seem to misunderstand is that Valkyr wasn't some guardian before her anger within the Alad's confines. She was an Apex Predator, who let wild and fought with a bloodlust. I'm not trying to bring down your concept, but playing your Valkyrie frame would not be an 'upgrade' to Valkyr, it's a different playstyle. 

I just want a happy end for valkyr, I always get down when I think about what the original gersemi must have gone trough to end up as a bale of animalistic primal rage :< it essentially IS a new frame, the idea is that its connected to valkyr mostly by revealing more about her, the corpus and alad v while using her componentsas ingredients to build the valkyria components :<

3 minutes ago, Fylas said:

I just want a happy end for valkyr, I always get down when I think about what the original gersemi must have gone trough to end up as a bale of animalistic primal rage :< it essentially IS a new frame, the idea is that its connected to valkyr mostly by revealing more about her, the corpus and alad v while using her componentsas ingredients to build the valkyria components :<

In the end, Valkyr is happiest doing as she already does. TBH, she's closest to Kavat and Ivara in terms of origin. She's Feline in nature, and not house cat. Her Gersemi skin shows this as well, so her origin is closest to Lions and Tigers and bears OH MY! Lynx. This is further reflected in Zanuka's form as well.

4 minutes ago, SquireAngel said:

In the end, Valkyr is happiest doing as she already does. TBH, she's closest to Kavat and Ivara in terms of origin. She's Feline in nature, and not house cat. Her Gersemi skin shows this as well, so her origin is closest to Lions and Tigers and bears OH MY! Lynx. This is further reflected in Zanuka's form as well.

then lets just say the connection is that valkyr is the reason I came up with valkyria ? :P

2 hours ago, GiraffaYandereBeetle said:

Isn't it implied via description that Valkyr's current ability is due to her being experimented and tortured from the Zanuka Project (even stated in OP)? If so, we don't really know what she used to be prior to that and OP here is aiming at what Valkyr was :3

The Gersemi skin defies this (Which is why I hate that skin)

I'd love to see "Valkyr Prime" actually having slightly different abilities. That would totally make sense for her lore as well.

Also, none of the powers you listed seems to include Health regenerative capabilities which IS a must for no-shield-frames. A seperate mod (such as Life Strike) or Arcane Grace should not be needed.

6 hours ago, Rehtael7 said:

The Gersemi skin defies this (Which is why I hate that skin)

Her Gersemi skin now is but a skin, put over her tortured "skeleton".

Edited by tbeest

15 hours ago, tbeest said:

I'd love to see "Valkyr Prime" actually having slightly different abilities. That would totally make sense for her lore as well.

Also, none of the powers you listed seems to include Health regenerative capabilities which IS a must for no-shield-frames. A seperate mod (such as Life Strike) or Arcane Grace should not be needed.

Her Gersemi skin now is but a skin, put over her tortured "skeleton".

the lance has a small lifedrain effect :O I'm wondering if the lance throw should have one too or not .. maybe as a augment? X_X

2 hours ago, tbeest said:

Oh, I missed that. Never you mind

ohhh wouldn't it be neat if the lance throw keeps impaled enemies stuck if they survive and drains em slowly of life? ... wait.. I guess that's pretty evil and doesn't fit the theme doesn't it? :<