Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats Wrong with Sentinel, as a whole

Urska

ok... so  at this point even adding it where every Sentinel can suck up look dosnt at all make them better then the other too.... ( Kubrow n Kravets ) simpley due to 2 reasons

tbh... would of been just fine if they removed vacuum from WF as a whole lol. isnt hard to walk near things... i stop using my Carrie years ago... like 2? when Wyrm prime hit if i remember right

1.  No Movement: sentinels dont move around..... at all..... this really makes them really unfun and really dull. you could add a mod that could allow this. but right now a non moving around Sentinel could ever do what a full AI runing around can do. due to the fact you made all sentinels suck up loot. you could make it where they move now BUT they dont suck up drops any more OR its much longer... or they pick it up n hold it still u get close.
  2. Lack of survivability: they are sooo Squishie they are just pointless at "end game" even with almost maxed HP n sheild... adding any more then just that be a huge disadvage. i know DE is trying to make Sentinels still matter but this one is by far the biggest drawback of them. could just copy what Kubrows n Kravets have n do HP/sheild/armor link to player. my Kravet right now rarely dies ( as in down state ) and i use random frames.  i also avoid tankie frames so its not like i have some stupid high HP. another huge issue with this is when a Kubrow or Kravet gets downed, players can go pick it up like nothing happen, they can go down as much as they want. it wont matter, that isnt a issue but compare to a Sentinel i have to waste mod slots to get him back after they just die and that has a cap how many times it can be done... best way to fix this as i said, add hp/sheild/armor link OR let us be able to some how Pick them up  like any other Pet or player... tbh...both would be the best
  3. Treasure Hunting. now with this being a thing, if you wana at all get into it and all you cant use a Sentinel.... all you have to do is add mod so they can R2D2 lockers open.The warframe lockpicking mod for locked lockers Chance is like 40 compair to like 90% for Kubrows/Kravets. i know right now theirs not alot to them BUT if they add more this will matter way more. really hope they do :3

Thank you for dealing with my spelling n grammar AND taking the time to read my topic ^^

I really only agree with the survivability thing. However, it should be noted that even the animals go down rather easily in very end game scenarios. It takes a frame with high armor and health in order to keep them alive and you won't always be using frames that have those qualities.

They're meant to be something that protects you, always watching over you. No movement really goes well with that. The animals being able to pry open the lockers at a high rate is something they have over the Sentinels and, really, isn't all that important.

In majority of situations a Sentinel's survivability is based on your survivability.

This is why it's a good thing that they stay with you and don't move around.

Kubrows and Kavats are a crutch at higher levels because they're targeted by the AI and will get one shot, even the lowest eHp Sentinel has better survivability.

Though I would like some of them to be higher in eHP as Carrier can survive a mistake while most others cannot and it would be nice if Revive had a cooldown instead of one time and done. Still I find it a better choice than spending half the mission reviving non-sentinels.

I wish you could still get 5k Credits out of 5 lockers like back in the day. They're mostly a waste of time these days.

I'm also highly against "Link" mods as they make your companion's strength dependent on your frame and that's kinda dumb. They should compliment your frame choice not depend on it.

I disagree with your assessment and I will go point by point.

1. Sentinals being by your side is an advantage as they will shoot any enemy near or far, in any direction. Kavats and Kubrows while they do have the movement, will primarily attack the enemies to your front. This is an issue depending on what weapons/frame you are using as what they are trying to attack will likely be dead.

2. Survivability of a Kavat or Kubrow is dependent on you using melee because of the mod that heals them. Sentinals will draw agro based upon how you've modded their weapons. No weapon means next to no agro. (which I pretty much only do with Helios). However, the Sentinals do possess an advantage here. If you die your sentinal will come back and be at your side. Kubrows won't, and a Smeada (think i spelled that wrong) Kavat has a chance to.

3. Treasure hunting. You can use a mod on yourself, or your pet of choice, or even both if you want to unlock lockers. There is also Looter, a Simaris mod has Carrier shoot nearby containers open meaning less time wasted and more gains. Also, Animal Instincts will highlight Cephelon Fragments with a big blue cube looking thing on the map. While Animal insticts doesn't highlight Syndicate collectibles, it does aid in finding them as it will consider them a loot container.

Now there is a point you didn't address

1.  Sentinals have a weapons seperate from themselves. You can use Dirga's weapon on Wyrm if you wanted to. Since the weapons are seperate this allows for greater versitility. If you want Dethcube's weapon on Dirga, easily done. You can use mods from your own collection to upgrade a sentinal's weapon.

As for  my own preference I use my Sunika on captures, Carrier (until this update) for Survivals as it picked up the individual lifesupport modules, Wyrm or Kavat on exterminates. As for the other mission types it would depend on the frame.

Definitely disagree.

1. No movement is great. It makes them more controllable, and more controllable = less likely to die.

2. Kubrows/Kavats have upkeep. Sentinels don't. I also don't notice a huge difference between Sentinels and pets when it comes to staying alive... Pets have an edge if you're going heavy on melee, but are otherwise at much greater risk.

3. Treasure-hunting is niche. Animal Instinct on any Sentinel is more than enough to assist in locating caches, and standard lockers and crates have long since stopped being of any use to me.

Kubrows and Kavats have their advantages, sure, but it's largely a matter of preference. (Which it should be.) Still, I feel as though they should have access to some sort of Vacuum-like ability (or even just "Vacuum) because a large number of people won't even consider making that sacrifice.

5 hours ago, Chipputer said:

I really only agree with the survivability thing. However, it should be noted that even the animals go down rather easily in very end game scenarios. It takes a frame with high armor and health in order to keep them alive and you won't always be using frames that have those qualities.

They're meant to be something that protects you, always watching over you. No movement really goes well with that. The animals being able to pry open the lockers at a high rate is something they have over the Sentinels and, really, isn't all that important.

as i said. i DONT use tank frames. so its not like they get a stupid amount of shield/hp/armor

they cant protect me from any thing....any where where more protect be nice, they just die so easy.... become petty much pointless

3 hours ago, Xzorn said:

In majority of situations a Sentinel's survivability is based on your survivability.

This is why it's a good thing that they stay with you and don't move around.

Kubrows and Kavats are a crutch at higher levels because they're targeted by the AI and will get one shot, even the lowest eHp Sentinel has better survivability.

Though I would like some of them to be higher in eHP as Carrier can survive a mistake while most others cannot and it would be nice if Revive had a cooldown instead of one time and done. Still I find it a better choice than spending half the mission reviving non-sentinels.

I wish you could still get 5k Credits out of 5 lockers like back in the day. They're mostly a waste of time these days.

I'm also highly against "Link" mods as they make your companion's strength dependent on your frame and that's kinda dumb. They should compliment your frame choice not depend on it.

Sentinel's Survivaility isnt based on mine. i am not going to avoid combat or real content because my lil snowflake cant handle it. spending haft the missing reviving non-sentinel. over n over....? are you taking them in with no mods at all? lol? i ever had this issue, even doing 100+ lv stuff my cat/dog will die maybe, a huge maybe once every 10mins? thats a huge maybe tbh. and if i had my sentinel with max HP n shield. it would be long gone before it got where my cat starts to die some times. the 5k money out of old lockers...k? money is petty much useless ... i always end up back at like 40mill... randomy every few months i just give it all to my clan lol. their really isnt a use for it then uping mods or trading for P.....

and the last. if they had linked mods maybe they wouldnt die so much? cuz right now they are pointless at end game, no point to have some thing that will just get 1 shoted. maybe they just need to competey rework them... Sentinel 2.0 plz? and i ever had the issue here i didnt pick a frame cuz of my hp or w.e. hell. i done lv100 stuff with  volt n my cat didnt that that much more then if i was some one else with more stats....

2 hours ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

Definitely disagree.

1. No movement is great. It makes them more controllable, and more controllable = less likely to die.

2. Kubrows/Kavats have upkeep. Sentinels don't. I also don't notice a huge difference between Sentinels and pets when it comes to staying alive... Pets have an edge if you're going heavy on melee, but are otherwise at much greater risk.

3. Treasure-hunting is niche. Animal Instinct on any Sentinel is more than enough to assist in locating caches, and standard lockers and crates have long since stopped being of any use to me.

Kubrows and Kavats have their advantages, sure, but it's largely a matter of preference. (Which it should be.) Still, I feel as though they should have access to some sort of Vacuum-like ability (or even just "Vacuum) because a large number of people won't even consider making that sacrifice.

1. more controllable. i think you mean none ? and they die much more compare to the ones who move around...sooooo lol?

2.kinda just flat wrong with the " pets have an edge if your going heavy on melee" tbh, Sentinel would do better seeing its stuck on u and will just attack it where "pets" go around doing their own thing. theirs a good n back about that tbh. mainly good tho. the upkeep part is sooo not really a thing any more seeing if it gets too bad it just gos to sleep... they kinda should just remove it tbh

3.animal instinct only shows it stuff n helps u find drops. but the issue is they cant open locked. so they are competey not useable if you are hunting. soo no, its not enough at all... locked locker is really some thing you CANT DO as a player. your lil helpers do it. you can wasted a warframe slot for a 40%... OR get a cat/dog for a 90%.... Mmmmm much better. when they do add to this and where it matters more, this will become even more of a issue cuz more people will care

both Kubrows and Kavats Advantages is every thing then Dmg and Sentinel Vacuum made me laugh alot tbh. i feel they should just remove it and all seeing how kinda pointless it is. if ppl really have that much of a hard time looting stuff by walking near it... they should just up the loot range on us... my WHOLE point of this topic was to put them on the same level as Kubrows n Kavats. cuz right now they are so behinde. its really only used by new players mainly and it should be that way seeing EVERY drop matters. but once you play a good amount you no longer need training wheels...XD. but really if they did die so much, and could open locked lockers. i would use mine WAY more. soon as Kubrow came out. they competey go left in the dark. now the Shocker sniper Sentinel is a great exmaple of a good sentinel. but sady falls for the same 1 shot at max lv.... theirs a new one coming out thats all about  Protection for the player. i am all for that n would love to make a super tankie one to pair with a tank build... make it have a medi ray x3. thats really the only mod/skill they have that is just flat out nice.... i dont mean my toipic to be some rageful QQ but its kinda sad how behinde they are. and i know people will tell me no no i am moding my snowflake wrong... well if max HP, shield isnt enough for them but it is for Kubrow/krazet, some thing is wrong... going to stop cuz i could go on forever...kinda already has Lol

11 minutes ago, Urska said:

1. more controllable. i think you mean none ? and they die much more compare to the ones who move around...sooooo lol?

As in, they go where you go, and nowhere else. You can also disable their weapons. So that's two ways in which you can control Sentinels, whereas you have absolutely zero control over pets. Lol indeed.

2.kinda just flat wrong with the " pets have an edge if your going heavy on melee" tbh, Sentinel would do better seeing its stuck on u and will just attack it where "pets" go around doing their own thing. theirs a good n back about that tbh. mainly good tho. the upkeep part is sooo not really a thing any more seeing if it gets too bad it just gos to sleep... they kinda should just remove it tbh

If you go melee, using Pack Leader means you can heal your pet. You can't do that with Sentinels unless you're Trinity. So yes, pets have an edge in survivability when it comes to melee. Upkeep is definitely a thing, because you have to keep it maintained to have full stats and continue use. Even before the auto-hibernation you had to either a) not understand how it works or b) phenomenally lazy to actually let a pet die of poor care.

EDIT: Or if you've got a frame that makes Health Orbs.

The fact that you want them to remove it means you're feeling the effects of the upkeep - inconvenience.

3.animal instinct only shows it stuff n helps u find drops. but the issue is they cant open locked. so they are competey not useable if you are hunting. soo no, its not enough at all... locked locker is really some thing you CANT DO as a player. your lil helpers do it. you can wasted a warframe slot for a 40%... OR get a cat/dog for a 90%.... Mmmmm much better. when they do add to this and where it matters more, this will become even more of a issue cuz more people will care

That's all you need. Nothing particularly useful ever comes out of locked lockers. It's a waste of time to go after them.

both Kubrows and Kavats Advantages is every thing then Dmg and Sentinel Vacuum made me laugh alot tbh. i feel they should just remove it and all seeing how kinda pointless it is. if ppl really have that much of a hard time looting stuff by walking near it... they should just up the loot range on us... my WHOLE point of this topic was to put them on the same level as Kubrows n Kavats. cuz right now they are so behinde. its really only used by new players mainly and it should be that way seeing EVERY drop matters. but once you play a good amount you no longer need training wheels...XD. but really if they did die so much, and could open locked lockers. i would use mine WAY more. soon as Kubrow came out. they competey go left in the dark. now the Shocker sniper Sentinel is a great exmaple of a good sentinel. but sady falls for the same 1 shot at max lv.... theirs a new one coming out thats all about  Protection for the player. i am all for that n would love to make a super tankie one to pair with a tank build... make it have a medi ray x3. thats really the only mod/skill they have that is just flat out nice.... i dont mean my toipic to be some rageful QQ but its kinda sad how behinde they are. and i know people will tell me no no i am moding my snowflake wrong... well if max HP, shield isnt enough for them but it is for Kubrow/krazet, some thing is wrong... going to stop cuz i could go on forever...kinda already has Lol

Damage is one thing Warframes don't really need more of in most cases, so that utility is limited at best. I understand the topic you made, I'm just saying that I think you are grossly underestimating how "behind" Sentinels are when it comes to competition with pets. I vastly prefer Sentinels for the utility they bring to the table and the aforementioned aspects of control.

At the levels where my Carrier Prime actually starts to die, the utility Vacuum (and now Ammo Case, too) provides is much more valuable than the extra DPS I would get out of a Kubrow or Kavat... because Carrier requires less attention to keep alive. If I'm keeping me alive, I'm keeping Carrier alive... and not needing to split my attention is invaluable.

Edited by DiabolusUrsus

2 hours ago, (XB1)OrenRis said:

I disagree with your assessment and I will go point by point.

1. Sentinals being by your side is an advantage as they will shoot any enemy near or far, in any direction. Kavats and Kubrows while they do have the movement, will primarily attack the enemies to your front. This is an issue depending on what weapons/frame you are using as what they are trying to attack will likely be dead.

2. Survivability of a Kavat or Kubrow is dependent on you using melee because of the mod that heals them. Sentinals will draw agro based upon how you've modded their weapons. No weapon means next to no agro. (which I pretty much only do with Helios). However, the Sentinals do possess an advantage here. If you die your sentinal will come back and be at your side. Kubrows won't, and a Smeada (think i spelled that wrong) Kavat has a chance to.

3. Treasure hunting. You can use a mod on yourself, or your pet of choice, or even both if you want to unlock lockers. There is also Looter, a Simaris mod has Carrier shoot nearby containers open meaning less time wasted and more gains. Also, Animal Instincts will highlight Cephelon Fragments with a big blue cube looking thing on the map. While Animal insticts doesn't highlight Syndicate collectibles, it does aid in finding them as it will consider them a loot container.

Now there is a point you didn't address

1.  Sentinals have a weapons seperate from themselves. You can use Dirga's weapon on Wyrm if you wanted to. Since the weapons are seperate this allows for greater versitility. If you want Dethcube's weapon on Dirga, easily done. You can use mods from your own collection to upgrade a sentinal's weapon.

As for  my own preference I use my Sunika on captures, Carrier (until this update) for Survivals as it picked up the individual lifesupport modules, Wyrm or Kavat on exterminates. As for the other mission types it would depend on the frame.

OOPS... didnt see your post :l

1. i do both. sentinels just die no matter what... i have to 100% hold ther lil hand to keep them alive... i shouldnt have to do so. if i wana bring X but i cant due to my sentinel, its already became lesser compair to Kubrow/Krazet

2. i dont use the melee healing mod my kubrow or krazet. i see it a dps/tool lost when they dont even have a health issue much at all.  really the only thing sentinels have is dmg and able to swap weapons... thats all.... Kubrow/krazet bring much more to the table

3, locker mod is 40% chance.... its not wroth using at all... the mod for kubrow/krazet is 90%.... far better. i know they can shot box n all. its a cute mod but if i can shot the box my self...why tell it too ? now if it was flying around doing it, that be far more helpful. but no its on me shoting at stuff in range of me to just shot it... animal instincts just shows it up. both of them have it. sentinels n dog/cat. making it a moot point, but i will agree that the mod is very helpful finding Cephelon fragments n all. all u need is that mod n able to sent ur kubrow/krazt to pick lockers and you have the best team, wish Sentinels could... then they be more wroth bring lol

the forgotten Point

o, i know just i dont see my lil helper as a DPS thing, at all. just a tool, i know sentinels bring more dmg then a kubrow/krazet can, thats fine but due to the fact they cant share mods with me IE. i dont wana have to max out 2 prime mods of the same just for my Sentient to do good/great dps. tbh i just want their survivability fixed more then every thing... even lock picking cuz right now even if i was not caring about lockers.... i still wont pick it over my cat... not cuz its new, but becuse he wont die and his buff is very helpful for me and my whole team. aka Cat eye. if they ever make a sentinel that can buff teammates or heal. i would easy pick it up and hopefuly they dont get 1 shot like they all do at endgame...

3 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

As in, they go where you go, and nowhere else. You can also disable their weapons. So that's two ways in which you can control Sentinels, whereas you have absolutely zero control over pets. Lol indeed.

If you go melee, using Pack Leader means you can heal your pet. You can't do that with Sentinels unless you're Trinity. So yes, pets have an edge in survivability when it comes to melee. Upkeep is definitely a thing, because you have to keep it maintained to have full stats and continue use. Even before the auto-hibernation you had to either a) not understand how it works or b) phenomenally lazy to actually let a pet die of poor care.

EDIT: Or if you've got a frame that makes Health Orbs.

The fact that you want them to remove it means you're feeling the effects of the upkeep - inconvenience.

That's all you need. Nothing particularly useful ever comes out of locked lockers. It's a waste of time to go after them.

Damage is one thing Warframes don't really need more of in most cases, so that utility is limited at best. I understand the topic you made, I'm just saying that I think you are grossly underestimating how "behind" Sentinels are when it comes to competition with pets. I vastly prefer Sentinels for the utility they bring to the table and the aforementioned aspects of control.

At the levels where my Carrier Prime actually starts to die, the utility Vacuum (and now Ammo Case, too) provides is much more valuable than the extra DPS I would get out of a Kubrow or Kavat... because Carrier requires less attention to keep alive. If I'm keeping me alive, I'm keeping Carrier alive... and not needing to split my attention is invaluable.

1. just i dont even Lol. disableing their weapons is not Control. i can remover the mods out of my kravet :D so much control!. but yes you cant tell a kubrow/krazet where to go, the same as you cant tell sentinels to go ..... anywhere? it just follows you, and tbh that has both good  n bad. i am sure you can already think of both of why its good it dosnt and why its good kubrow/krazet dont stay glued to you

2.i ever use pack leader on my guys, just dont have a dieing issue at all...i dont play tank frames or healers.... like Volt for exmaple. i play every thing tho. w.e is needed at the time or w.e i feel like. i know update is a thing.... lol. the fact i wana remove it dosnt mean i am feeling the effects of the upkeep. i bring it up cuz i competey forgot it even was a thing. i go check n my krazet isnt near death or w.e

3. if your hunting for stars, 100% wroth the time. and seeing they will add to this. this issue will come up again lol, just you wait x3. unless DE just ever touchs it again....that be said. kinda fun to have a reason to not just rush every mission much as possible...

4. tbh i agree i feel i am competey underestimating how behinde sentinels are, if you wana sit down and tell me why even use one. good for it. i dont mean that in any rude way. i would love to know tbh, i cant be the only person thinking they are just useless. so show me i am wrong. be nice to switch up my helper slot if it be useful... if u do write me it... tell how to keep my thing from dieing.... cuz it feels i am missing a mod... or some hidden thing... cuz just hp mod n shield seems to not be enough at all.... and Utility wise. that be kubrow n krazet. as DE said they would be for, not dmg

PS, if u wana im me in private over this, i am more then up for it. may be slow due to geting sick... i think

5. kinda how i feel about my Kavat lol. dont need to watch it or care if he is going to die or not. he just is too sexy to die x3 Cat eye buff is really nice too. i always play with friends soo teamwork!

6 minutes ago, Urska said:

Sentinel's Survivaility isnt based on mine. i am not going to avoid combat or real content because my lil snowflake cant handle it. spending haft the missing reviving non-sentinel. over n over....? are you taking them in with no mods at all? lol? i ever had this issue, even doing 100+ lv stuff my cat/dog will die maybe, a huge maybe once every 10mins? thats a huge maybe tbh. and if i had my sentinel with max HP n shield. it would be long gone before it got where my cat starts to die some times. the 5k money out of old lockers...k? money is petty much useless ... i always end up back at like 40mill... randomy every few months i just give it all to my clan lol. their really isnt a use for it then uping mods or trading for P.....

and the last. if they had linked mods maybe they wouldnt die so much? cuz right now they are pointless at end game, no point to have some thing that will just get 1 shoted. maybe they just need to competey rework them... Sentinel 2.0 plz? and i ever had the issue here i didnt pick a frame cuz of my hp or w.e. hell. i done lv100 stuff with  volt n my cat didnt that that much more then if i was some one else with more stats....

You obviously take too much AoE damage because that's the only thing that kills a Sentinel. Enemies do not target a Sentinel over a player unless they're downed.

This debate is a simple result of scaling.  Not getting hit  > Getting hit.  Period.

My sentinel only dies when I'm playing a frame like Nekros, Chroma or Valkyr where I either don't care that I get hit or I want to get hit.

I don't really care how many credits you don't make use of. 5k Credits was what a few lockers used to give compared to 500 now. That was my point. You made an entire section "Treasure Hunting"  then mock that what they give. Nice.

Like I said, Link mods are dumb and one of the many reasons I don't use Kubrows / Kavats. If I don't run defensive mods (which are useless later in levels) the companion sucks even more. Waste of a mod slot.

I took my original Carrier to lvl 1,725 T3 Defense in a group about 2 years ago and it lived the entire session. You're obviously doing something wrong.

3 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

You obviously take too much AoE damage because that's the only thing that kills a Sentinel. Enemies do not target a Sentinel over a player unless they're downed.

This debate is a simple result of scaling.  Not getting hit  > Getting hit.  Period.

My sentinel only dies when I'm playing a frame like Nekros, Chroma or Valkyr where I either don't care that I get hit or I want to get hit.

I don't really care how many credits you don't make use of. 5k Credits was what a few lockers used to give compared to 500 now. That was my point. You made an entire section "Treasure Hunting"  then mock that what they give. Nice.

Like I said, Link mods are dumb and one of the many reasons I don't use Kubrows / Kavats. If I don't run defensive mods (which are useless later in levels) the companion sucks even more. Waste of a mod slot.

I took my original Carrier to lvl 1,725 T3 Defense in a group about 2 years ago and it lived the entire session. You're obviously doing something wrong.

just a ton of LOL.

if you dont run defensive mods....lol? what. you have to use  2.... sentinel with them just die before lv100 even happens..... i most being some thing wrong cuz you know. slaping 2 defensive mods are far from being enough. well. its time for you to link your build of this carrier. cuz you kinda said you dont use Defensive mods at all on your helpers, soo this be a odd build

Just now, Urska said:

1. just i dont even Lol. disableing their weapons is not Control. i can remover the mods out of my kravet :D so much control!. but yes you cant tell a kubrow/krazet where to go, the same as you cant tell sentinels to go ..... anywhere? it just follows you, and tbh that has both good  n bad. i am sure you can already think of both of why its good it dosnt and why its good kubrow/krazet dont stay glued to you

I can control whether the Sentinel attacks or does not attack. That's control over a tangible in-game option. Sure, it's not controlling it with WASD, but I can't force a Kubrow or Kavat not to attack. I can also control where my Sentinel goes. Whether that's "useful" to you doesn't make it not control. So I can exercise more control over Sentinels than pets. My point stands.

1 minute ago, Urska said:

2.i ever use pack leader on my guys, just dont have a dieing issue at all...i dont play tank frames or healers.... like Volt for exmaple. i play every thing tho. w.e is needed at the time or w.e i feel like. i know update is a thing.... lol. the fact i wana remove it dosnt mean i am feeling the effects of the upkeep. i bring it up cuz i competey forgot it even was a thing. i go check n my krazet isnt near death or w.e

Then it's probably safe to say that pets have a survivability advantage over Sentinels if you use a lot of melee, huh? Pets have upkeep. This is not up for debate. I find upkeep to be more trouble than the pets are worth. Point stands.

2 minutes ago, Urska said:

3. if your hunting for stars, 100% wroth the time. and seeing they will add to this. this issue will come up again lol, just you wait x3. unless DE just ever touchs it again....that be said. kinda fun to have a reason to not just rush every mission much as possible...

But I'm not hunting for stars, and I don't really see much point to doing so. I also don't rush missions... but I don't feel like the contents of lockers are really worth the time spent opening them anymore.

3 minutes ago, Urska said:

4. tbh i agree i feel i am competey underestimating how behinde sentinels are, if you wana sit down and tell me why even use one. good for it. i dont mean that in any rude way. i would love to know tbh, i cant be the only person thinking they are just useless. so show me i am wrong. be nice to switch up my helper slot if it be useful... if u do write me it... tell how to keep my thing from dieing.... cuz it feels i am missing a mod... or some hidden thing... cuz just hp mod n shield seems to not be enough at all.... and Utility wise. that be kubrow n krazet. as DE said they would be for, not dmg

PS, if u wana im me in private over this, i am more then up for it. may be slow due to geting sick... i think

I'm not going to preach to you about why you should use a sentinel. It's up to you, and it has a grand total of zero effect on me. I'm just pointing out that Sentinels are not "behind." Just because you don't see any value to what they have to offer doesn't mean they don't have value.

If you want to stop your Sentinel from dying, HP and Shield mods are a must... but you should also consider taking off its weapon/attack precept. If a Sentinel isn't shooting things, it's not really drawing any aggro so it doesn't get shot. Don't let yourself get hammered by Bombards or Napalms, things like that. AOE will down your Sentinel right-quick. Standard bullets... not so much.

What Sentinel are you using? Would shed some light on what you're encountering.

Sorry to hear you're getting sick.

5 minutes ago, Urska said:

5. kinda how i feel about my Kavat lol. dont need to watch it or care if he is going to die or not. he just is too sexy to die x3 Cat eye buff is really nice too. i always play with friends soo teamwork!

Good for you. Glad you like your Kavat. They're too much trouble to keep track of, IMO, so I prefer Sentinels.

1 minute ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

I can control whether the Sentinel attacks or does not attack. That's control over a tangible in-game option. Sure, it's not controlling it with WASD, but I can't force a Kubrow or Kavat not to attack. I can also control where my Sentinel goes. Whether that's "useful" to you doesn't make it not control. So I can exercise more control over Sentinels than pets. My point stands.

Then it's probably safe to say that pets have a survivability advantage over Sentinels if you use a lot of melee, huh? Pets have upkeep. This is not up for debate. I find upkeep to be more trouble than the pets are worth. Point stands.

But I'm not hunting for stars, and I don't really see much point to doing so. I also don't rush missions... but I don't feel like the contents of lockers are really worth the time spent opening them anymore.

I'm not going to preach to you about why you should use a sentinel. It's up to you, and it has a grand total of zero effect on me. I'm just pointing out that Sentinels are not "behind." Just because you don't see any value to what they have to offer doesn't mean they don't have value.

If you want to stop your Sentinel from dying, HP and Shield mods are a must... but you should also consider taking off its weapon/attack precept. If a Sentinel isn't shooting things, it's not really drawing any aggro so it doesn't get shot. Don't let yourself get hammered by Bombards or Napalms, things like that. AOE will down your Sentinel right-quick. Standard bullets... not so much.

What Sentinel are you using? Would shed some light on what you're encountering.

Sorry to hear you're getting sick.

Good for you. Glad you like your Kavat. They're too much trouble to keep track of, IMO, so I prefer Sentinels.

wait.... you can go into the settings to tell them to attack or not? :l ever seen or hear about this before..... well, but that simple logic. you win with that...Mmm thats tbh cool. wonder if kubrow/krazet will some day get " go" and "stay/follow"

i do every thing incombat. i dont just use 1 weapon, or 1 skill. a good amount of all x3. and pet upkeep. didnt mean it as they dont have it lol. saying its so small i dont even notice it being a thing.

tbh at this point, about done with stars.... i got over 100 of both....and its not like i am selling them or the puzzle done for endo... i have over 20 fully done things just stacked in a hall way wall lol. i am making art i think.... tbh this point is kinda dieing out but if they ever add to it. it will matter again, hope they do...

well i dont mean "preach" or show i am wrong.. to say, more so i wana know your stand point on how they good ( you did this tbh) but more so wondering how did you make yours good? simply throwing 2 almost maxed mods for survivability isnt enough.. ( hp n shield ). well the taking weapon off seems odd to me, cuz dont like the idea to take off the weapon cuz it will just die... feels like some rework needs to be done. kinda like taking off my melee for some reason to help me do better....Mmmms will rember that tho, i dont really get hit by AoE stuff much unless bad timing helps. IE knocked down, rocket hits me kinda luck.

Sentinel i use mainly its Helio n Carrier ( kinda stop using them as a whole before prime carrer came out ) O and the... :l wow i cant rember its name... the floating potato shock sniper.

and thanks for the sorry part x3 *hug*

and last line... i wana collar my Kavat and drag it though a mission... just like IRL :D

6 minutes ago, Urska said:

just a ton of LOL.

if you dont run defensive mods....lol? what. you have to use  2.... sentinel with them just die before lv100 even happens..... i most being some thing wrong cuz you know. slaping 2 defensive mods are far from being enough. well. its time for you to link your build of this carrier. cuz you kinda said you dont use Defensive mods at all on your helpers, soo this be a odd build

• Link Health uses the player's maximum health as the base, which means using Vitality and Vigor mods can further increase a Kubrow's maximum health.

I think you misunderstand. I'm not talking about defensive mods on my Companion. However adding an additional mod "Link" is much worse than a flat % amount or improving their base values because majority of my frame builds don't use more than one Defensive mod for general play and none at all if I plan to go past lvl 300.

Link health/armor/shields mods are stupid because they add dependence on your frame's values instead of the companion complimenting your frame independently. With Link mods you need a tanky frame to make a tanky companion instead of being able to run a squishy frame with a tanky companion or any other mix.

And when it comes down to it, I'll choose useful mods over defensive mods for my Sentinels as well, they just happen to not have many.

8 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

• Link Health uses the player's maximum health as the base, which means using Vitality and Vigor mods can further increase a Kubrow's maximum health.

I think you misunderstand. I'm not talking about defensive mods on my Companion. However adding an additional mod "Link" is much worse than a flat % amount or improving their base values because majority of my frame builds don't use more than one Defensive mod for general play and none at all if I plan to go past lvl 300.

Link health/armor/shields mods are stupid because they add dependence on your frame's values instead of the companion complimenting your frame independently. With Link mods you need a tanky frame to make a tanky companion instead of being able to run a squishy frame with a tanky companion or any other mix.

And when it comes down to it, I'll choose useful mods over defensive mods for my Sentinels as well, they just happen to not have many.

i did misunderstand ya last post. sorry about that x3

guss we just disagree x3. i like linking mods alot more. but ya i dont change my builds... on my frames just for my pets... its always just HP + shield. that all. the normal, no vigor... or stacking armor.... i dont even have armor link mod on them... just 1 hp, 1 sheild. on my frame n my kubrow...kravat and sentinels. but this is where we agree. its stupid to have more then 2 Defensive mods unless it some how ups ur dps... ( Nezhi it buffs his super monkey ball. and i mod it where i share it x3 ). however. with link mods i dont need a tanky frame.... as i said i dont use them... i run with volt n saryn mainly.... o and loke x3.  point is i do not care what i have hp/shield/armor wise, cuz i dont worry about how that effects my kubrow/kravet. both have a very hard time dieing. i dont even use the Defensive skill mod that Kravets have. the one thats just for that family of Kravers, i see it as a waste of a spot

to add. i see why link is wrost n why you feel that way. tbh logical yes your right it is better.... but my reasoning for why its better is because they dont die soooo easy

Edited by Urska
more info

28 minutes ago, Urska said:

well i dont mean "preach" or show i am wrong.. to say, more so i wana know your stand point on how they good ( you did this tbh) but more so wondering how did you make yours good? simply throwing 2 almost maxed mods for survivability isnt enough.. ( hp n shield ). well the taking weapon off seems odd to me, cuz dont like the idea to take off the weapon cuz it will just die... feels like some rework needs to be done. kinda like taking off my melee for some reason to help me do better....Mmmms will rember that tho, i dont really get hit by AoE stuff much unless bad timing helps. IE knocked down, rocket hits me kinda luck.

If you unequip a Sentinel's weapon or remove their attack precept, they won't attack.

See, that's the thing. Taking off the weapon/removing the precept makes it so that sentinels don't attack... and if they don't attack enemies ignore them until you're downed. If enemies ignore them, they don't really take damage and thus live much longer. AOE is the only thing that really affects them.

So, try taking off your Sentinel's attack capabilities (Though with Diriga/Dethcube their main thing is damage... so yeah...) and put on a good HP/Shields+ pair of mods. Carrier especially has tons of health, so both the standard and the Prime have great survivability. If your build allows for it, you can also use Rejuvenation for your aura, which will let your Sentinel regenerate health.

1 minute ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

If you unequip a Sentinel's weapon or remove their attack precept, they won't attack.

See, that's the thing. Taking off the weapon/removing the precept makes it so that sentinels don't attack... and if they don't attack enemies ignore them until you're downed. If enemies ignore them, they don't really take damage and thus live much longer. AOE is the only thing that really affects them.

So, try taking off your Sentinel's attack capabilities (Though with Diriga/Dethcube their main thing is damage... so yeah...) and put on a good HP/Shields+ pair of mods. Carrier especially has tons of health, so both the standard and the Prime have great survivability. If your build allows for it, you can also use Rejuvenation for your aura, which will let your Sentinel regenerate health.

idk just odd, kinda wish it be like my kubrow n kravet n just attack n be happy. and not die n all. like is this what everyone dose? cuz if sentinel is top dps out of all of the helpers... its kinda odd too not use it :l also, i hope the new one coming will be just a brick wall of awsome D lol

2 hours ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

also doing the hp/shield on all my helpers n all

1 minute ago, Serialkillerwhale said:

They could just redesign regen so that it doesn't have a cap, but rather a respawn timer.

or make it be when they die. it shuts down and u have to go reboot it

Edited by Urska

4 minutes ago, Urska said:

Once is the issue

Read your post a second time. Noticed the misunderstanding on my part.

Having them simply revive on death would be a little broken, though. I agree that the respawns should be unlimited, but I also agree that it should be on a timer.

4 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

Read your post a second time. Noticed the misunderstanding on my part.

Having them simply revive on death would be a little broken, though. I agree that the respawns should be unlimited, but I also agree that it should be on a timer.

i am passing out man, will check it tomorrow. i the same to me <.> thanks for the good chat

At first I didn't think it would be that bad...

But after playing with this new universal vacuum for a few days now...

I'm not impressed...

In fact I think it's crap... Compleate nerf... I'd rather have the 3 mods because this range is somewhat usless... the difference between it being vacuumed and me just picking it up normally is so small it's pointless even having vacuum.

EDIT: Ok I ddin't read the hot fiz 2 notes. Vacuum is a mod again.... LOVE...

Edited by Carnage2K4