Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

6 quests done, still no trace about the next one...

Arkl1te

Question

Notice that I haven't played the game for 2 years. So much has changed, quests seem to be in different order and perhaps because of this, the main quest streamline could be screwed up.
Completed quests are:

• The Archwing
  • Stolen Dreams
  • Once Awake
  • Vor's Prize
  • The New Strange

In process, believing it's optional, the Howl of the Kubrow. So far I found no trace about what should I do or where should I go. I keep hunting fragments of the planets and also TRYING to get better gear, because I feel stuck when I start between Saturn and Uranus (27 melee hits, or about 1-4 headshots with Cernos, to kill each soldier).

What should I do? What did I miss? Any recommendations?

My warframes are all rank 30, and the ones I use the most are Valkyr and Excalibur(*). I also have Ember, but I don't have energy regen so her powers are about 1/3 effective most of the time, at least for me.

(*) = Especially with the new ult, thanks DE! :D

As for the gear (all potato improved):

Primary: Cernos
Secondary: Dex Furis (looking for better options, no need to have as much firerate tho, around 10 hitting hard would be great)
Melee: Orthos and MK1-Furax (this one's around rank 20 for now).

16 answers to this question

The junctions inform you what order the quests should be done in. Just go from earth to Mercury then from earth spiraling out. You'll get the quests on the way around and know what order that should be done in. Any not gotten from junctions are not mandatory aside from one which activates on a trigger. What that trigger is is explained by Trichouette.

On Uranus you should get the Natah quest from scanning something that'll be really obvious when you see it and when you've completed the Natah quest and cleared the junction leaving Uranus you should get the Second Dream quest.

Regarding weapons, how are you modding them?  Are you using elemental damage mods to suit your target?  If you like bows then Paris might fair better than Cernos against Grineer because Puncture is better than Impact against armoured enemies.

Some other options for weapons:

Primary -- Karak, Hek, Mutalist Cernos

Secondary -- Lex, Vasto, Kunai            (cheap to build, Lex can be bought with creds)

Melee -- Amphis, Fang, Ninkondi         (all relatively cheap to build)

General guide you want to follow as far as modding for damage:

--Radiation (Fire + Electric) is good as a general use. Great for Corpus bots, great for most Grineer armor, and good for a lot of Orokin

--Viral (Toxin + Cold) is good to pair with radiation

--Corrosive is good for Ancients and practically any type of armor, great for solo play

--If you're specifically having problems with Corpus, go with Magnetic (Cold + Electric) and Toxin

or Gas (Fire + Toxin) and Electric. Otherwise just go with the Radiation/Viral combo or the Corrosive

Edited by KotoKuraken
Feel Dem Tentacles

1 hour ago, Trichouette said:

You should reach Uranus and scan an oculyst in order to unlock the Natah quest and then the second dream.

I'll try from the start. Thanks!

58 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Sorry to hear you're struggling though, I'd recommend the Paris if you like bows, it's Puncture bias is better against Grineer than the Cernos.

Yeah, I was expecting to get Paris Prime after finding some parts, but after I found the main blueprint is unreachable not even with void relics.. yeah F*** the prime.

55 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

The junctions inform you what order the quests should be done in. Just go from earth to Mercury then from earth spiraling out. You'll get the quests on the way around and know what order that should be done in. Any not gotten from junctions are not mandatory aside from one which activates on a trigger. What that trigger is is explained by Trichouette.

That's what I thought and I ended up doing all the points including the junctions up until Saturn (I have access to all planets without doing the junctions though).

54 minutes ago, Katinka said:

Regarding weapons, how are you modding them?  Are you using elemental damage mods to suit your target?  If you like bows then Paris might fair better than Cernos against Grineer because Puncture is better than Impact against armoured enemies.

Not much. Weapons I use them all for almost the same thing, except that I recently started leveling up MK1-Furax to beat up Cernos faster (it's close range though).

Right now I have no elemental damage in any weapon.

In the following weapons I focused on:

Cernos (Primary)

• Damage
  • Impact Damage
  • Critical Damage
  • Critical Chance
  • Fire Rate
  • Ammo Maximum
  • Damage to Grineer
  • Damage to Corpus

With this I get 87.5% crit chance, 4.4x crit multiplier, with impact damage being 444.6 already, status remains 10%.

Dex Furis (Secondary)

• Damage
  • Puncture Damage
  • Critical Damage
  • Critical Chance
  • Ammo Maximum
  • Magazine Capacity
  • Status Chance
  • Reload Speed

Compared to primary, this one is a let down. If I empty the magazines, the enemy either is killed or remains on feet so it renders useless for me. But now I've come to think I built this one wrong. I'll try replacing critical mods with elemental ones and see if there's a difference.

Orthos (Melee), I have 2 configs which only varies on smite cards, one for each race (except that I still don't have for Corpus).

• Damage
  • Slash Damage
  • Critical Damage
  • Critical Chance
  • Attack Speed
  • Range

Same problem as secondary, but I hit so many enemies at close range, so it's not that much of a problem. I am still mad for not getting the stance for polearm (even back then I tried getting it, killing Corrupted MOAs back and then) :@.

Maybe what you're witnessing is cancer build so feel free to criticize from the very start (as long as you tell me what should I do, lol).

53 minutes ago, Z3tt said:

Natah is the next main quest you will encounter. It will be triggered when you encounter a "strange drone" on Uranus. If you need a walk through, you can find one here: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Natah

Is it actually worth spoiling? I do not intend to offend. :P

The walkthrough doesn't say much more than what Trichouette said, so that's it. Thanks!

Edited by Arkl1te

28 minutes ago, Arkl1te said:

In the following weapons I focused on:

Cernos (Primary)

• Damage
  • Impact Damage
  • Critical Damage
  • Critical Chance
  • Fire Rate
  • Ammo Maximum
  • Damage to Grineer
  • Damage to Corpus

Dex Furis (Secondary)

• Damage
  • Puncture Damage
  • Critical Damage
  • Critical Chance
  • Ammo Maximum
  • Magazine Capacity
  • Status Chance
  • Reload Speed

Orthos (Melee), I have 2 configs which only varies on smite cards, one for each race (except that I still don't have for Corpus).

• Damage
  • Slash Damage
  • Critical Damage
  • Critical Chance
  • Attack Speed
  • Range

Elemental damage is very important

--For the Cernos, I'd try to fit in some Viral or Corrosive damage. The crit is fine, though, but adding in some elements is certainly not going to hurt

--For the Dex Furis, there's not much you can do other than build for raw damage. Still, fitting in elements is important. Since it has a naturally high fire rate, Radiation or Corrosive would be amazing for these. If you can, adding a Seeker that's been ranked up twice would help save ammo and hit more enemies

--For the Orthos, remove the critical chance. Crit is only going to be a great benefit if you have mods like Body Count and Blood Rush. If you don't have these, I'd go for either a raw damage or status build. Slash, speed, and range are all good, radiation or corrosive damage on top of everything else would help it out a bunch

Oh, and smite cards are not that good. They are if you have nothing else to put on the weapon, but 99% of the time, elements are going to help out a lot more than smite

Edited by KotoKuraken

22 minutes ago, Arkl1te said:

Cernos (Primary)

• Damage
  • Impact Damage
  • Critical Damage
  • Critical Chance
  • Fire Rate
  • Ammo Maximum
  • Damage to Grineer
  • Damage to Corpus

Is that Impact Damage the +30% one?  If so, drop it.  Impact, Puncture and Slash mods add a percentage of that damage type while Cold, Electric, Heat & Toxin mods add a percentage of your total damage.  With the Cernos having 100 base damage of which 90 is Impact, +30% Impact damage gives 27 damage while any elemental gives 90 damage (90% of 100 instead of 30% of 90).  If it's the 120% Impact mod then I guess you could keep that but you might find a tailored elemental combination will still do more due to damage bonuses against certain targets that Impact is less likely to get.  Ammo Maximum I wouldn't worry too much about as you should start with enough to kill a few things and then pick up more as you fight.  Damage to Grineer/Corpus I'd only use one at a time and replace the other with Split Chamber.

Looking at your builds, I would highly suggest replacing a few of the less important mods (for example, magazine capacity) for multi-shot and elemental mods.

Multi-shot gives your weapon a chance to fire additional bullets at no additional ammo cost. For example, with Split Chamber, which gives 90% multi-shot, every shot your weapon fires will have a 90% chance to be two bullets (or arrows, etc.) instead of one, each dealing full damage and having an independent chance of inflicting a status proc.

Elemental mods add a huge amount of damage to your weapon because it scales based on the modded base damage of your weapon, so it is best not to ignore them. In addition, if you are using the correct elements against the correct opponents, you can take better advantage of their health and armor types' weaknesses

For example, let's start with the Cernos, which starts with 180 Impact, 10 Puncture, and 10 Slash for a total of 200 damage (on a fully charged shot).

Adding a maxed Serration adds 165% damage, or multiplies your damage by 2.65, resulting in 477 Impact, 26.5 Puncture, and 26.5 Slash for a total of 530 damage.

Adding a maxed Stormbringer adds 90% Electricity damage, which is scaled off of your weapon's base damage of 530 for a total of 477 Electricity damage. Adding a maxed Infected Clip adds 90% Toxin damage, again scaled off of your weapon's base damage of 530 for a total of 477 Toxin damage. The resulting Electricity and Toxin damage combines to form Corrosive damage, which is effective against Grineer Ferrite armor (and neutral against Grineer Alloy armor).

Adding Split Chamber adds 90% multi-shot, which means every shot has a 90% chance of firing 2 arrows instead of 1 at no additional cost to ammo.

With just these four mods, you've increased your damage from 200 damage to 1484 damage on a single arrow with a 90% chance of dealing double that.

Since the Cernos has a high critical chance, you can add Point Strike and Vital Sense (both I believe you already have on it), a mod for fire rate to allow the weapon to charge its shots faster, and you have one more slot for whatever you feel would be handy.

43 minutes ago, Arkl1te said:

Is it actually worth spoiling? I do not intend to offend. :P

The walkthrough doesn't say much more than what Trichouette said, so that's it. Thanks!

The quest is straightforward enough, you should do it without looking for a guide and only use the guide if all else fails. Its worth figuring out.

23 minutes ago, KotoKuraken said:

Elemental damage is very important

--For the Cernos, I'd try to fit in some Viral or Corrosive damage. The crit is fine, though, but adding in some elements is certainly not going to hurt

--For the Dex Furis, there's not much you can do other than build for raw damage. Still, fitting in elements is important. Since it has a naturally high fire rate, Radiation or Corrosive would be amazing for these. If you can, adding a Seeker that's been ranked up twice would help save ammo and hit more enemies

--For the Orthos, remove the critical chance. Crit is only going to be a great benefit if you have mods like Body Count and Blood Rush. If you don't have these, I'd go for either a raw damage or status build. Slash, speed, and range are all good, radiation or corrosive damage on top of everything else would help it out a bunch

Oh, and smite cards are not that good. They are if you have nothing else to put on the weapon, but 99% of the time, elements are going to help out a lot more than smite

Yeah, that exactly why I just put the smite cards. I'll try the status build for the Orthos and looking forward to get another secondary weapon.

17 minutes ago, Katinka said:

Is that Impact Damage the +30% one?  If so, drop it.  Impact, Puncture and Slash mods add a percentage of that damage type while Cold, Electric, Heat & Toxin mods add a percentage of your total damage.  With the Cernos having 100 base damage of which 90 is Impact, +30% Impact damage gives 27 damage while any elemental gives 90 damage (90% of 100 instead of 30% of 90).  If it's the 120% Impact mod then I guess you could keep that but you might find a tailored elemental combination will still do more due to damage bonuses against certain targets that Impact is less likely to get.  Ammo Maximum I wouldn't worry too much about as you should start with enough to kill a few things and then pick up more as you fight.  Damage to Grineer/Corpus I'd only use one at a time and replace the other with Split Chamber.

It was the +30% anyway, so yeah, after reading this:

17 minutes ago, Katinka said:

Impact, Puncture and Slash mods add a percentage of that damage type while Cold, Electric, Heat & Toxin mods add a percentage of your total damage.

Which is... quite the difference indeed, I decided to think that I was being a fool for the whole time. :D

So sad that the only mod I have to increase status chance for the Cernos is Rifle Aptitude, which increases practically nothing overall.

[10% > 10.8%] lol

Edited by Arkl1te

33 minutes ago, Arkl1te said:

So sad that the only mod I have to increase status chance for the Cernos is Rifle Aptitude, which increases practically nothing overall.

[10% > 10.8%] lol

If you wish, I can trade you a few status elementals. I won't be able to get on until Tuesday after 4pm EST, but if you still need them I'll try to get them to you

12 hours ago, Arkl1te said:

Yeah, I was expecting to get Paris Prime after finding some parts, but after I found the main blueprint is unreachable not even with void relics.. yeah F*** the prime.

Paris Prime relics:

Blueprint Lith F1 Common
Meso S1 Common
Meso V2 Common
Axi G1 Common
Grip Lith S1 Uncommon
Meso S2 Uncommon
String Lith S1 Common
Lith S3 Common
Meso S2 Common
Neo N3 Common
Neo V3 Common
Upper Limb Lith F2 Common
Lith V1 Common
Meso S1 Uncommon
Neo S2 Uncommon
Axi N3 Common
Lower Limb Lith V1 Common
Meso F1 Common
Neo S2 Common

Lith F1 is vaulted, but Meso S1, Meso V2, and Axi G1 still drop. Even if you don't have them yourself, run a few Meso fissures on public, and you're very likely to see a Paris Prime BP come up.

20 hours ago, pauli133 said:

Paris Prime relics:

Blueprint Lith F1 Common
Meso S1 Common
Meso V2 Common
Axi G1 Common
Grip Lith S1 Uncommon
Meso S2 Uncommon
String Lith S1 Common
Lith S3 Common
Meso S2 Common
Neo N3 Common
Neo V3 Common
Upper Limb Lith F2 Common
Lith V1 Common
Meso S1 Uncommon
Neo S2 Uncommon
Axi N3 Common
Lower Limb Lith V1 Common
Meso F1 Common
Neo S2 Common

Lith F1 is vaulted, but Meso S1, Meso V2, and Axi G1 still drop. Even if you don't have them yourself, run a few Meso fissures on public, and you're very likely to see a Paris Prime BP come up.

I thought that any relic BP related were all vaulted. Just realized that I didn't pay enough attention. Thanks!

I never found that drone, could it be because I didn't do the Uranus Junction? Because I think it's bugged.

One of the conditions to unlock is to craft a Rank 1 weapon or higher. I did Paris which apparently is rank 4, but didn't unlock.

Edited by Arkl1te