Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tigris Prime gas build

Randy_Dwarf

Question

14 answers to this question

Yes. Get rid of tactical pump and make your build 100% status chance. No matter how much status you have, unless it's 100% you will only get 1 pellet to actually deal a status proc. You might like that 30,xxx gas damage, but it's not very effective without max status.

So pretty much you will want to equip the other 2 status/element mods for that 100% and I would suggest Seeking Fury, however that choice is your own to make.

Also to make it better, if you can afford buying an unranked primed point blank I would recommend doing that.

Edited by Alcatraz

What is the point of having that much gas damage? Gas is only good against weaker Infested units. Tigris Prime will oneshot them with its slash damage alone. 

Against Infested, use Corrosive + Blast.

Against Corpus, use Toxin + Magnetic.

Against Grineer, use Radiation + Viral.

20 minutes ago, Randy_Dwarf said:

can i make this any better?

Spoiler

1kfgl8E.jpg

This here is my pure damage build, takes out Infested like they were nothing, has that good punch through as a crowd pleaser, then it works good on Grineer up until around level 65+ then you should switch builds. For Corpus it works pretty well too.

AJIENCA.jpg

Now for the Grineer build that will eat anything armored effectively. You can 1 shot a level 140 corrupted(grineer) heavy gunner. Because of the slash and viral procs on them it will kill them over time so you won't need more than 1 shot unless you're far away. Heavy Gunner is just a very well armored Grineer unit that's easier to kill with Corrosive than Radiation. Viral is used for grineer clone flesh so that's all grineer but armor is what takes the brunt of all damage dealt so most all grineer you use radiation for their armor except the heavy gunner. They have Ferrite armor which takes +++ Corrosive. Every other Grineer have Alloy Armor which takes +++ Radiation.

Now with this status build you won't have to worry yourself over any of these armored grineer enemies because slash bypasses their armor and hit their health directly. Viral will also lower their overall health making them really weak and it's like shooting butter with a shotgun at that point. The Radiation will also proc on those you don't kill causing them to attack the closest target around them. I.E their own Grineer kind.

Without further a due, here is the screenshot of this build.

U2Uiyhe.jpg

16 minutes ago, infamouscycle said:

The way status works on shotguns is that when the chance is <100%, only one pellet will proc status. When the status chance is >100%, EVERY pellet will proc status, which is extremely useful for laying on layers of slash procs or corrosive proc.

This guy knows what he's talking about. But one tiny thing needs to be mentioned. In order for it to work, you must reach 100% status BEFORE multishot. In otherwords, if taking hells chamber off your build drops your status below 100%, then you don't really have a 100% build. It shows 100% because of rounding, but in fact multishot doesn't increase the per-pellet status chance. So a build with 99% status before multishot and 100% with hells chamber on will not behave like a status shotgun.

In the case of the tigris prime, all 4 dual stats are required to reach 100% status.

*Edit: am I crazy? Or is randy_dwarf a reference to a neal stephenson novel? I'm thinking cryptonomicon...

Edited by Azrael

17 minutes ago, Randy_Dwarf said:

that primed point blank is gonna take awile thow

Thankfully primed point blank does not effect status, and isn't needed to make a status build work on the tigris prime. So don't stress about it. The shock and cold status mods, however, are vital. Fyi, we call those mods "dual-stat mods" or just "dual-stats." It's only those elemental + status mods that get called that, nightmare mods like hammer shot are not called dual-stats.

In the mean time, it is also possible to build the tigris prime for crit. Use blunderbuss (or laser sight if you have it) and ravage (or primed ravage is you have it). Then use pure elemental mods (+90%) and steer clear of gas damage. Gas is only a good element when you are doing lots of status. Avoid it otherwise. For grineer corrosive or radiation works great, for corrupted and infested use corrosive. For corpus use... viral, I guess. Or pure toxin. Gas is great against corpus, but once again you need good status. Magnetic works, but frankly I rarely feel like I'm having trouble with someone's shields. I like to build to kill techs, and they have low shields and astronomical health, which is why I'd prefer viral.

With shotguns, there are three kinds of builds. There are damage builds that use +90% elemental mods. There are crit builds that use crit mods and +90% elemental mods. And finally there are status builds which have 100% status. If you can't do 100% status, you shouldn't build for status. Instead go crit or damage. You get a lot less utility out of status chances below 100% than it would seem.

13 hours ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

What is the point of having that much gas damage? Gas is only good against weaker Infested units. Tigris Prime will oneshot them with its slash damage alone. 

Against Infested, use Corrosive + Blast.

Against Corpus, use Toxin + Magnetic.

Against Grineer, use Radiation + Viral.

AoE Toxin DoTs on other enemy units to complement the Slash + Toxic DoTs on the targeted unit. This is pretty good on Corpus units, not necessarily on Infested (Gas is weird since it's about the AoE Toxic procs, not the inherent Gas damage itself).

Imo, this is my setup for the factions:

• Grineer - Corrosive + Heat, Viral + Heat
  • Corpus - Blast + Toxic, Viral + Heat, Gas + Electricity
  • Infested - Corrosive + Blast, Blast + Toxic, Viral + Heat, Gas + Electricity, Gas + Cold (Infested are pretty easy to deal with, so they don't warrant any specific setup)
Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

Gas Tigris Prime just doesnt work in my opinion - too many mandatory mods are in play - as a result you either lose punchthrough of 90Toxin elemental (which almost doubles your DoT ticks for Gas procs). May be dropping Blaze could work, but it doesnt feel like it would be worth it.

My line of thought is pretty much:

4 status mods - mandatory for 100% status, 4 slots left.

Base damage and multishot - mandatory, 2 slots left.

Blaze - both a base damage buff and a shifting status weights towards Gas procs. 1 slot left.

And so the last slot is either punchthrough or toxin elemental.

edit: or a Vicious Spread. Might be fun.

Edited by Ivan_Rid

11 minutes ago, BBYipho said:

You know I'm surprised a dot damage Tigris was talked about and no one posted this video.

I'm not a fan of the video, because he kind of cheated at the end. He spawned a healer, and of course a radiation build beats a corrosive build when there's a healer around. But that's misleading, because all you need to achieve that effect is one radiation proc. Personally I use a radiation vulklok for this purpose, and for serious missions I use a radiation/viral status melee, that way I can do corrosive and strip armor on my primary. Radiation/viral is great on the tigris, but viral procs are sketchy since they were nerfed. A corrosive build is also pretty amazing at really high levels without 4xCP, because stripping armor directly translates to a damage buff.