Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tileset with magma = cold and damp?

StuffedTurkey007

grinner asteroid that gives the moss, Uranus doesn't have any plants around

and i agree, somewhat, after all, the Moon's plant doesn't make any sense based on Amaryn's descriptions, since the plant grow when receive "moonlight", even more, she said that plant doesn't exist in earth anymore since the dissappeance of the Moon, not because the plant live inside the Moon

16 minutes ago, Zeyez said:

and i agree, somewhat, after all, the Moon's plant doesn't make any sense based on Amaryn's descriptions, since the plant grow when receive "moonlight", even more, she said that plant doesn't exist in earth anymore since the dissappeance of the Moon, not because the plant live inside the Moon

Makes perfect sense to me. The plant is extinct on Earth because the Moon was gone and the plant lived off of moonlight. That leaves you with exactly one place in the solar system that has moonlight and isn't the Earth: the surface of the Moon.

37 minutes ago, Naftal said:

"One of the few known plant species able to thrive on asteroids in deep space."

Is this not a pretty obvious hint?

It sounds like you have to go look for Moss in Archwing tilesets actually.

Moreover Grineer Asteroid tileset is never mentioned as being "asteroid" in game.

edit: and seeing how you need a disproportional amounts of Moss, compared to other plants, it might be as well a drop from asteroid loot objects on Caelus, for example.

Edited by Ivan_Rid

9 minutes ago, Ivan_Rid said:

Moreover Grineer Asteroid tileset is never mentioned as being "asteroid" in game.

It might not be mentioned, however when your Liset is descending on an asteroid in Grineer Space, I would think it's pretty apparent.  Try Mercury or Saturn.  I've had great luck farming Vestan Moss there.  

1 hour ago, Inarticulate said:

Makes perfect sense to me. The plant is extinct on Earth because the Moon was gone and the plant lived off of moonlight. That leaves you with exactly one place in the solar system that has moonlight and isn't the Earth: the surface of the Moon.

doesn't make too much sense

if the plant needs "moonlight", so, its basically need an a light that is reflected from a moon, weakened, based on the assumption that the plant does not support direct exposure to sunlight, and in this case, it takes a more defensive manner to protect from those moments

now, how this plant will receive any kind of "moonlight" if there's no one nearby? the Lua is the only one from Earth, we can think that plant can be at any planet with direct exposure to its moon's reflection, like Pluto or even Europa (if other moons of the planet can contribute to this), instead of receiving "earthlight"... inside the moon... in the void... for centuries... >_>'

Edited by Zeyez

56 minutes ago, Zeyez said:

doesn't make too much sense

if the plant needs "moonlight", so, its basically need an a light that is reflected from a moon, weakened, based on the assumption that the plant does not support direct exposure to sunlight, and in this case, it takes a more defensive manner to protect from those moments

now, how this plant will receive any kind of "moonlight" if there's no one nearby? the Lua is the only one from Earth, we can think that plant can be at any planet with direct exposure to its moon's reflection, like Pluto or even Europa (if other moons of the planet can contribute to this), instead of receiving "earthlight"... inside the moon... in the void... for centuries... >_>'

"Moonlight" typically refers to light reflected from the Moon, not a moon. Earth in particular has a very large moon relative to the size of the planet (only rivaled by Pluto), meaning the surface of Earth receives a non-negligible amount of light reflected from its moon.

Even regardless of the above, we don't know that Lunar Pitchers have an adverse response to sunlight, just that they require moonlight to survive. Perhaps it's a particular distribution of wavelengths that they thrive on that matches the reflected light from the rocks on the surface of the moon, but we have no evidence either way with the information we know. We know that it lives off of "moonlight", and there is one place in the solar system outside of Earth where moonlight exists.

Even stuck in the Void, you'd still have "moonlight" reflected off of the floor the Lunar Pitcher is growing on.

Edited by Inarticulate

17 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

"Moonlight" typically refers to light reflected from the Moon, not a moon. Earth in particular has a very large moon relative to the size of the planet (only rivaled by Pluto), meaning the surface of Earth receives a non-negligible amount of light reflected from its moon.

Even regardless of the above, we don't know that Lunar Pitchers have an adverse response to sunlight, just that they require moonlight to survive. Perhaps it's a particular distribution of wavelengths that they thrive on that matches the reflected light from the rocks on the surface of the moon, but we have no evidence either way with the information we know. We know that it lives off of "moonlight", and there is one place in the solar system outside of Earth where moonlight exists.

Even stuck in the Void, you'd still have "moonlight" reflected off of the floor the Lunar Pitcher is growing on.

here comes the problem with lore [beware of theorycrafting]:

if its possible to theses wavelenghts hit the Moon (hiddened by void cloak) and come back, someone will found out that light is coming back because of the reflection property from that place (i can't see the air, but i can create an air balloon, that prove it has volume, mass...), but on Lua, was supposed to show its phases, like it always do, if not come back, the civilizations will think that exist an black hole on this place based on assumption that the moon's translation is the same for centuries, they could predict when this "black hole" will appear and associate with the data that already existed of the vanished Moon), but in both cases, this will allow the plants grow whenever it can, but to keep it hidden from everything... failed

but if the void cloak deflect the light in a way that does not show anything that would inside the radius effect, but the surroundings it (like the concept applied the Lua be gone), would not would like any kind of light ended entering through the cloak, that deny any means of plants growing based on sunlight, moonlight, "earthlight"... basically, the Moon's sky, until removed from the void, was supposed to be true darkness

if the void cloak blocks only the visible wavelenghts, infrared and ultraviolet, but not the remaining ones, including the plant's wavelenght... now that's an twist, since the Moon's sky will be pure darkness and still can be detected by other means... or the factions had not the slightest patience to look for months to the lost Moon... so, why they can't use an massive scanner that looks anything nearby of the Earth, before leaving this aside? (which would still leave the landing crafts free because a massive scanner would be energy costly to use to detect Tenno ships, because it would have to be done on a planet, not on the ship)

ps.: remembering that I am counting on the technology of the Corpus and Grinner is hundreds of years more advanced in relation to ours and we already can detect curves in light at black hole's proximity

ps2.: Would a guy like me, that is not graduate in this area, is thinking too much about it? did i have something wrong in what I thought? ... i'm not sure x_x'

16 minutes ago, Zeyez said:

here comes the problem with lore [beware of theorycrafting]:

if its possible to theses wavelenghts hit the Moon (hiddened by void cloak) and come back, someone will found out that light is coming back because of the reflection property from that place (i can't see the air, but i can create an air balloon, that prove it has volume, mass...), but on Lua, was supposed to show its phases, like it always do, if not come back, the civilizations will think that exist an black hole on this place based on assumption that the moon's translation is the same for centuries, they could predict when this "black hole" will appear and associate with the data that already existed of the vanished Moon), but in both cases, this will allow the plants grow whenever it can, but to keep it hidden from everything... failed

but if the void cloak deflect the light in a way that does not show anything that would inside the radius effect, but the surroundings it (like the concept applied the Lua be gone), would not would like any kind of light ended entering through the cloak, that deny any means of plants growing based on sunlight, moonlight, "earthlight"... basically, the Moon's sky, until removed from the void, was supposed to be true darkness

if the void cloak blocks only the visible wavelenghts, infrared and ultraviolet, but not the remaining ones, including the plant's wavelenght... now that's an twist, since the Moon's sky will be pure darkness and still can be detected by other means... or the factions had not the slightest patience to look for months to the lost Moon... so, why they can't use an massive scanner that looks anything nearby of the Earth, before leaving this aside? (which would still leave the landing crafts free because a massive scanner would be energy costly to use to detect Tenno ships, because it would have to be done on a planet, not on the ship)

ps.: remembering that I am counting on the technology of the Corpus and Grinner is hundreds of years more advanced in relation to ours and we already can detect curves in light at black hole's proximity

ps2.: Would a guy like me, that is not graduate in this area, is thinking too much about it? did i have something wrong in what I thought? ... i'm not sure x_x'

The Moon wasn't hidden by a void cloak like our landing crafts are, the Moon was literally in the Void. While in the Void, it can be assumed that it projects no gravitational field outside of the Void and that no gravitational fields from outside of the Void affect it (though how it remains in place within the Void is unexplained; there might be some form of passive resistance to motion while within the Void). Prior to pulling the Moon back out of the Void, the Moon would have been perfectly undetectable from outside the Void because it simply wasn't there.

It can easily be observed that the interior of the Void is lit by some unknown source. This can be observed simply by running a mission in the Void, returning to your orbiter, and looking out the window at the expanse of bright shiny streamers of light. This light reflecting off of the surface of the Moon would still constitute "moonlight".

5 hours ago, Naftal said:

"One of the few known plant species able to thrive on asteroids in deep space."

Is this not a pretty obvious hint?

I am going to assume this was mentioned only once when you get the blueprint for the sunrise apothic. I did not binge the quest in one sitting so the only hint I heard for days was the "cold and damp" one.

How's this for cold and damp?

Warframe0079_zpsmgbhmff8.jpg

is on asteroid xd of course its cold

of course is cold and damp ( cant u see u need flash light to see it LOL )

the void is like some space.

the moon was hidden in the void a.k.a the void eat the moon thanks to natah.

Some plant need light / bloom at night. It died if it got direct sunlight. Thats why those plants died when there is no moon.

and if you guys notice, the orokin actually lives on the moon itself xd( beforte tenno butcher man woman and child until they run away become corpus / become a psycho loner ( stalkers) xd