Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What should i buy

Robot1023

Question

17 answers to this question

Saryn Prime.

I'd farm her but if you want to buy she's fairly cheap in trade chat. Throw a few forma in her, 4-6 depending on if you want the aura blank or not (I like being able to switch auras freely). Then get the Pox, again forma them. 

Sit back, relax and watch everything die :)

But yeah, only things you 'need' to buy are slots, cosmetics and forma not about waiting 24 hours for one to build.

Edited by (XB1)AnnoyedHaddock

1 hour ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Not everyone has the luxury of time. Some people work the whole day and cant afford to spend much of their time farming. ;3

I agree with this. While it's nice to not NEED to pay for most things, it's also nice to have immediate access to the cooler things the game has to offer. I enjoy the grind, and the sense of accomplishment that comes with farming for then building something shiny, but there's also the option for instant gratification if I choose. 

As far as OP, weapon slots and Warframe slots of course, and for me the first thing I was compelled to buy beyond that was color palettes. Catalysts, reactors, and forms would also be good investments. For the effort needed vs cost I would dissuade people from buying frames themselves, but if you're itching for something shiny and not as practical, I would also vouch for Saryn Prime XD

Edited by (PS4)halcyonpwns
Arturo grammar failure

10 hours ago, Cydro_ said:

Slots and platinum-only cosmetics. Nothing else

Anything farmable should be farmed, buying them with plat is a huge waste

This! The sole purpose of a looter-shooter is to... well... loot. If you outright buy the loot, what purpose has playing then? Buy Reactors, Slots, etc.

One option is to get a vaulted prime warframe.  Frost prime comes to mind mostly, but even this is mostly a cosmetic upgrade.  There's basically no other way to get them though, but to wait for an open vault of just one frame at a time or trade for all the parts with platinum.  

Other than that, just slots, cosmetics, and if you have a hard time farming some of the mods you want, go ahead and get those too

if you're fine with waiting, then buy 2-3 sets of whatever prime frame is going to be vaulted next and then sell it in a few months after that. you'll make a gigantic profit

otherwise, just buy cosmetics. i find myself buying a lot of forma bundles with plat as well, but that's just because i dont really have to time to farm for forma and the 24h wait is annoying

Like most other people say, you can only get cosmetics with platinum. Slots will help you out a lot as well and you can only get those with platinum too.

But if you are planning on grabbing a Frame; I'd check 1st to see if it has a Prime variant or not (Primes offer better stats than their original counterparts). I'd also choose a Frame that isn't seen often (you be surprised of how good a lot of these Frames are). Some good Frames to get are Volt Prime, Saryn Prime, Chroma, Atlas and Wukong.

Some very questionable advice in this thread:

On 10/12/2016 at 6:29 PM, Cydro_ said:

Slots and platinum-only cosmetics. Nothing else

Anything farmable should be farmed, buying them with plat is a huge waste

On 10/13/2016 at 5:23 AM, ashrah said:

u will need lot slots...wen i had 30 i was think its more then enough now i have over 150 and verry offten i must sell something to have space...get some cool cosmetic or some good  colors...

You've already got the plat to buy more slots than you'll ever need.  You can save yourself a lot of time butting your head against the RNG wall by buying stuff on trade chat.

On 10/12/2016 at 8:12 PM, (PS4)halcyonpwns said:

As far as OP, weapon slots and Warframe slots of course, and for me the first thing I was compelled to buy beyond that was color palettes. Catalysts, reactors, and forms would also be good investments. For the effort needed vs cost I would dissuade people from buying frames themselves, but if you're itching for something shiny and not as practical, I would also vouch for Saryn Prime XD

23 hours ago, marshmellory said:

otherwise, just buy cosmetics. i find myself buying a lot of forma bundles with plat as well, but that's just because i dont really have to time to farm for forma and the 24h wait is annoying

Most cosmetics and color palettes can only be bought with plat, but they won't improve your game or offer you new experiences or rank you up.  No one except you will ever notice or care what color your S#&$ is.  Syndana are needed for arcanes, but that's high level stuff and there are ways to get them without plat.  Do you want to play Warframe or Fashionframe?

Also they give away plenty of free color palattes.  I can dress my warframes up in my favorite sports team colors, make everything pink, or turn Glaxion's ray into a yellow pee stream and I've never spent plat on cosmetics.  And don't make a habit of buying forma or potatoes.  They are easy to get.

On 10/13/2016 at 11:15 AM, Desperado14 said:

One option is to get a vaulted prime warframe.  Frost prime comes to mind mostly, but even this is mostly a cosmetic upgrade.  There's basically no other way to get them though, but to wait for an open vault of just one frame at a time or trade for all the parts with platinum.  

Other than that, just slots, cosmetics, and if you have a hard time farming some of the mods you want, go ahead and get those too

Lol. Right idea but you need to have well over 1000 plat before you have any hope of purchasing a Frost Prime.  

Here's some better advice: 

1.  Sure, do your prime part grinding and farming, but when you get frustrated, go on trade chat and use your plat to buy the missing pieces.  Personally, I try to use up the relics I have but I refuse to go out and grind for more relics.

2.  Consider buying some of the difficult to grind warframes.  Equinox, Mesa, Ivara and Ash are all very painful grinds.  Wait until you have a market coupon before buying any of these.  (And don't buy Ash.  Just buy an Ash Prime set on trade chat.  It's cheaper for better stats.)

3.  Buy syndicate weapons on trade chat.  They are among the best weapons in the game and are unobtainable if you aren't the highest rank in the syndicate.  You need to be rank 6 for the secondaries, rank 8 for the melees, and rank 12 for the primaries.

4.  Farm some syndicates and prime parts and start selling.  This will cover your day to day plat needs (slots, cheap prime parts to finish sets, potatoes and lenses, etc.) or let you start saving for big purchases.  Platinum is easy to make in this game.

On 10/13/2016 at 8:46 AM, BiancaRoughfin said:

Not everyone has the luxury of time. Some people work the whole day and cant afford to spend much of their time farming. ;3

I am one of those people who can only play on certain weekends but i'd still say farm things that're able to be farmed since that's what warframe's gameplay's all about, farming :clem:

Maybe save some for syndicate mods or weapons. It takes a long time to grind for them and you can't grind them all at once.

I buy prime parts that are a pain to get as well.

Warframe and weapon slots can only be bought with plat. When leveling gear, I keep the weapons and frames I like and throw away the rest so I don't have to buy tons of slots.

You might want to buy a lens or two for focus (after you complete the second dream). The weaker lenses are from the end game sorties, which have rng based rewards, and give less experience than the premium lens. You can make the premium lens with the regular ones, but that's will take a while considering you can only get 1 lens type per sortie season. The invisibility and mp regeneration powers help so much, it's worth getting them asap.

Kinda makes me sad that this game needs plat or you get a worse, more gruelling experience. But that is how the game is still around I guess, needs the incentives to spend money.

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 8:27 PM, (XB1)ThermalStone said:

Here's some better advice: 

1.  Sure, do your prime part grinding and farming, but when you get frustrated, go on trade chat and use your plat to buy the missing pieces.  Personally, I try to use up the relics I have but I refuse to go out and grind for more relics.

2.  Consider buying some of the difficult to grind warframes.  Equinox, Mesa, Ivara and Ash are all very painful grinds.  Wait until you have a market coupon before buying any of these.  (And don't buy Ash.  Just buy an Ash Prime set on trade chat.  It's cheaper for better stats.)

3.  Buy syndicate weapons on trade chat.  They are among the best weapons in the game and are unobtainable if you aren't the highest rank in the syndicate.  You need to be rank 6 for the secondaries, rank 8 for the melees, and rank 12 for the primaries.

4.  Farm some syndicates and prime parts and start selling.  This will cover your day to day plat needs (slots, cheap prime parts to finish sets, potatoes and lenses, etc.) or let you start saving for big purchases.  Platinum is easy to make in this game.

I agree that this ^^ is much better advice than previously posted by others.  I support #2 fully and would include Vauban and possibly Saryn to the list as well. 

On 10/13/2016 at 2:23 AM, Robot1023 said:

I have 780 plat. What frames, mods, anything should i get. (keep in mind mastery rank 8)

As Stated Slots, Reactors and Catalysts are essential if you wish to progress through the game, but due to their low cost it is quite easy to sell unwanted prime parts and Syndicate mods to buy them. As for cosmetics? That, I'm afraid to say is what most of my plat is spent on but whatever you decide to buy be sure to remember to wait for your daily log in reward as if like me you will often get 50% and 75% discounts from market (unfortunately this doesn't include bundles).