The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Zenistar Known issues (stats, charge attack)

[DE]Drew

It's not that We (Console Players) are unappreciative of everything DE does it's more about the waiting of everything which isn't totally DE's fault Sony & Microsoft are to blame as well... The Backlash of everything comes from DE's awesomeness DE is the ONLY game Free to Play developer that I know of that has WEEKLY live streams 3x & 4x a week and during that time we get spoilers of goodies we (console players) won't see for 3 ~ 4 weeks and during that time the glitches are found and fixed (sometimes) the issue comes in after the long hype wait is when we finally get those goodies the known glitches are still there it's like the wait for any game as of late that the release date got pushed back due to bugs then again for some unknown reason then it finally comes out its still broken and then you're told a patch is on its way but a month from now IF they even give a date... The issue with the Azima Zenistar and the 40th day reward is they will be released and fixed on PC 1st then 1~2 weeks later released on console but we'll be told to wait until the next build (that's going to have a bunch of new and cooler things with it) with no date to when to expect that and the cycle will continue...

Side thought do you REALLY think our build is not done?!...

It's finished DE just has NEVER had PC & Console on the same build what I seriously believe is we are waiting for The War Within to be finished Console will get our next build (last for the year excluding possible Christmas Alert) but then PC will get The War Within within 2 ~ 3 days of our build completely blowing the wind out of our sails and by then the Holidays will be here and we won't get The War Within until LATE January early February...

If anyone at DE reads this just know I like everyone else LOVE'S this game and the BIG Package Builds are cool they still suck when we have to wait for next build to get something that was broken before we got it to be fixed...

Think I got off topic sorry for ranting....

On 10/21/2016 at 0:35 PM, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

You could get nothing. How bout, "thanks DE for doin cool stuff like giving us free and unique weapons!" 

I'm not ungrateful for the weapon & inventory slot... but I am disappointed that we're having the exact same problem as we experienced with the Azima over 100 days ago. That's 100 days to anticipate this type of problem recurring and prevent it, which didn't happen.  Likewise with seeing the Zenistar as a preview for our 300 day reward for quite some time... if it takes a patch to make the weapon work, there's been opportunity to make that happen between when the weapon was designed and when the 300th day rolled around. It was shown well in advance as "Here's a reward you get for logging in each day" and those who met that criteria found that what was promised didn't deliver as expected, and knowing there was plenty of time to make sure what happened with the Azima didn't recur is the source of my dismay. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)ATL_SC430 said:

I'm not ungrateful for the weapon & inventory slot... but I am disappointed that we're having the exact same problem as we experienced with the Azima over 100 days ago. That's 100 days to anticipate this type of problem recurring and prevent it, which didn't happen.  Likewise with seeing the Zenistar as a preview for our 300 day reward for quite some time... if it takes a patch to make the weapon work, there's been opportunity to make that happen between when the weapon was designed and when the 300th day rolled around. It was shown well in advance as "Here's a reward you get for logging in each day" and those who met that criteria found that what was promised didn't deliver as expected, and knowing there was plenty of time to make sure what happened with the Azima didn't recur is the source of my dismay. 

While I'm okay with waiting for the Zenistar to get patched, ^this +1.

I believe I'm only 17 days behind the usual Daily Tribute login routine, but even then there was enough time to tweak and prepare a working model for login reward weapons. I highly doubt it necessitates the actual release of these weapons (Azima, Zenistar, etc.) from us, the players, for DE to find out if there are any performance flaws. This can be circumvented without the playerbase being aware of it.

I got mine today and am amazed that despite knowing of the bug when it was first available on PC, they didn't manage to fix it in one of the console patches we've had since then. It does look cool though, i guess for now i'll put it back in the box and wait.

A bit disappointed but it's free so i can't complain

18 hours ago, (PS4)twistedodean14 said:

Seriously people, cut them some slack. I haven't been happy with all the stuff that has been going on but bugs happen and thankfully DE is aware. I it will get fixed.

The reason why we're complaining is the Zenistar just like the Azima was available 1 week before on PC with the same bug but quickly fixed in a day but we have to wait until the next build whenever that releases I'm guessing 2nd week of November 

On 10/13/2016 at 11:52 AM, [DE]Drew said:

For those of you who have been dedicated enough to get the Zenistar on console, you may have noticed that its stats and charge attack are currently incorrect/not working. We're aware of both issues, and we'll see if we can get those fixed in the next update. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

any new information about the console fix?

• 3 weeks later...

The Zenistar is now working on PS4 FYI, and if anyone is having trouble with activating it, make sure you're using the Charge Attack (it's not alt fire like with Azima. While my comments earlier in the thread about the disappointment of having it be broken upon release still stand, I wanted to give some positive feedback about the weapon to the developers now that I've had a chance to use it. So thank you for giving us a fun, visibly unique weapon that isn't simply mastery fodder. It's a fun weapon that allows players to be creative/innovative in using it with certain frames/mission types to a larger degree than just about any other weapon, and the strength of the projectile's damage along with its duration make it viable in a lot of situations- if we had to constantly recast the disk it would be useless, but a 40 second duration allows you to place it and make use of other weapons/powers without constantly swapping back and forth. You can set it on a defense target, interception area, a chokepoint, etc and see the timer on ypur screen for the amount of time remaining while you go elsewhere assuming you're not in a highly scaled mission. Of course there's the people who will complain about any weapon that doesn't OSK lvl 200 enemies, but assuming this was designed for fun along with utility in the majority of missions/alerts players run, from my experience it does sufficient damage. 

I also like the interplay with various frames. Just a couple of quick examples off the top of my head: Want to use Mesa in an infested defense? Drop the burning AOE projectile and stand right in the middle to help burn away anything that might reach you before peacemaker gets them. Or place it in the middle of a Frost bubble that's augmented to have a 50% chance to freeze incoming enemies. Place it as Limbo, then use riftwalk and kite non-banished enemies (on the same plane as the weapon's disc) into its area of effect. I haven't tried combining this with Hydroid's Pilfering Swarm yet but that seems like an interesting use as well. The point is it's fun, useful and it gives us new game-play options: all important qualities for a logon reward weapon that comes after a significant milestone such as this. 

I have tried it with two frame setups. Saryn: drop it on her Molt, and it will spread the spores cast on it while spreading status to attracted melee enemies.

Hydroid: pair with Radiation (to nullify Ancient buffs) and Viral (to cut health in half). Good range, and it can cover a wide field for his tentacles to do finisher damage on the cut health. Makes loot dropping insane.